Octopus

[Post New]by mettefj on May 12, 10 11:51 PM
I think, that it is a really funny game, but I'am stucked.

It is in the scene with the octopus. The cursor disapears when I have clicked one eye so I can't be as fast as requiered to click the other. When the cursor appears again both eyes are open again.

What do I do? I really want to go on with the game.
Regards
Mette

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Hamlet

[Post New]by maxbridge on May 12, 10 11:54 PM
Hi, I wanted to like this one too. Just don't think I quite get the concept! Looks like it has a nice sense of humour though and real potential.
However, I found it a bit frustrating with the delay when the arrow "disappeared" after clicking on particular actions and it was just a bit too unclear (or maybe I'm just a bit thick!) - I agree though if you like this sort of game go for it, just not to my liking. I got to the second level but gave up in frustration, so a no buy for me this time.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 13, 10 12:49 AM
What an adorably cute game! If you like any type of interactive game, you will love this one. There were one or two times, mainly the lock and the equations in his head, where I had to check the walkthrough, but otherwise, if you give it some thought, you can figure out what to do where and when.

I loved the graphics! Reminded me of all those wonderful cartoons from the late '60's like the Flintstones and Bullwinkle. The story is enjoyable and I love the fact that it is light-hearted. This is a game I don't mind playing and I wouldn't have a problem with my children playing. No blood, vampires, or occult here which suits me just fine. The music was enjoyable, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it down in the game so I just turned down my computer speakers.

Overall, a wonderful game and I will definitely be purchasing it. Thanks for all the great games BF! Every game you come out with might not be my cup of tea, but every game you come out with is a quality game.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 13, 10 12:51 AM
KathyGriggs wrote:Really Big Fish? Seems the more we complain about the games, the worse they get. This is getting very old!

Kathy, I've seen you post this on several of the game forums recently. Instead of posting your opinion in the forums, maybe you should contact BF personally and express your displeasure. I personally disagree wholeheartedly with you, but you are entitled to your opinion. However, I think you will get more of a response from BF if you contact them directly.

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on May 13, 10 8:33 AM
I enjoyed Hamlet. I think the game made you think about what to do but not to the point of pulling your hair out. I personally liked the graphics. I liked the ? hint button if you got stuck and in my opinion when you looked for a hint it gave you a pretty clear hint on what to do next with out making the game too easy. Over all I think this is a very good game.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 13, 10 9:36 AM
I really like this game. However, that being said, I am not fast enough anymore to do the arcade stuff. I did enjoy figuring out the puzzles and got as far as dropping the cage and zapping the bad guy. From all of the comments, I do think the fast stuff will do me in.

Old age is not for sissies!

[Post New]by sheilamilo on May 13, 10 11:14 AM
I really wanted to like this game. I lasted 20 minutes.

I enjoyed the puzzles up to the inner chamber. I figured out what I needed to do, but the cursor keeps disappearing. I read that fast clicking is necessary, but you can't do that if you don't have a pointer

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on May 13, 10 12:17 PM
I liked this game a lot. BUT: Way way way way too short!

After 15 minutes I used a credit to buy the game because I knew I'd love it.

When I finished, I realized .... it only took me 42 minutes to play the entire game.

Which means I used a credit when I didn't need to!

Come ON, Big Fish .... games should be playable for *hourSSSS*, plural, not 42 minutes. I'll never play this game again because it's not a repeat - nothing ever changes, I already know how to solve all the puzzles.

What a waste of a credit!

[Post New]by mistergeorge on May 13, 10 4:07 PM
Wow, I must be really not smart. On the 1st screen to get into castle, clicked a lot of stuff, nothing, finally waited for the hint and I had clicked all the things the hint showed (again either I am not smart or really bad hints) and still nothing. I will try one more time after reading your comments and if still can't get in the castle I will give up and stick to time management and/or match 3's.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on May 14, 10 6:43 AM
Raska wrote:This is a game I like. Makes me think of "machinarium" ! Tricky puzzles, but logical ones...
Not for kids, but for adults who like to use their brains instead of looking for long lists of "hidden objects" ....
:hear: Raska

No need to insult lovers of Hidden Object/Adventure Games.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on May 14, 10 6:48 AM
rosie28sammy wrote:
KathyGriggs wrote:Really Big Fish? Seems the more we complain about the games, the worse they get. This is getting very old!

Kathy, I've seen you post this on several of the game forums recently. Instead of posting your opinion in the forums, maybe you should contact BF personally and express your displeasure. I personally disagree wholeheartedly with you, but you are entitled to your opinion. However, I think you will get more of a response from BF if you contact them directly.

I have the same right to express my opinion as everyone else. I am not the only person that posts negative response to some of the games, especially lately! If you have read my posts, they have not all been negative. You're right, I am entitled to my opinion, and I did not ask for yours!

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on May 14, 10 8:39 AM
Kathy - by posting your own comment/opinion, you invite someone else's. This isn't a place where you can voice your opinion and expect others to just bow down to it and not reply. If you want to give an opinion, you must face the fact that some - and in the case of your current comments - most will probably disagree, and will not be shy in telling you so. Which, is their right to do so. If you are posting wholely negative comments/opinions with zero constructive criticism, then surely you can see yourself that you aren't helping anything, your opinion then serves only to irritate other users, who may infact share some of your sentiment, but will suggest changes or other things, rather than ''wah, I don't like it, change it now'' sentiment.

As for this game, I agree that BigFish probably isn't the best audience for it, and that a lot of the gamers on BigFish are used to - if not easier games, games which give more help/handholding/advice - now, that is not an insult. I'm an ''old school'' adventure gamer, and I struggle now at times - I've became used to unlimited hints and skippable puzzles, it's somewhat conditioning. So a game like this, where the hints can be obscure and there's no huge help - it's difficult to adjust to this game, from the average helpful type of game bigfish sells.

However, that doesn't make it a bad game. It makes it a different game. And I think if you did a poll of big fish users, they would all say they liked seeing different games, sure, they might not like them - but at least they get a chance to see them, try them for free and make their minds up. And the chance to broaden the game type they play. RPGs on big fish are few and far between, but people like to try them.

As for this game, it's not unsimilar to Samorost2 (already on BigFish) and similar games which aren't - Machinarium, Samorost1 etc. And they are both popular games. This is a sometimes logical, sometimes illogical puzzle game. If you are like me, you'll play it by poking everything on the screen till stuff happens, then you get a result that was unexpected but hey, you get to advance.

In short, the game selection of late has been anything but poor, we've had at least 10 exceptionally high quality IHoGs, high quality non-HOG games (Royal Envoy 2 etc), some LFGs, a great sale, a selection of reasonable DDs after a spate of kiddies games. And, you aren't forced to buy from big fish, but I think if you compare the competitors, you'll see BFG are better by far.

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kaliarii on May 14, 10 10:25 PM
This game was... okay. It wasn't great, and my biggest irritation was that two of the "battles" had more to do with how fast you could click than any actual amount of logic. The saving grace were other puzzles, some of which challenged my mind, rather than my clicker finger...

However, despite a few great puzzles, I completed - without a walkthrough or ANY hints whatsoever, mind you - the game with 3 minutes to spare on the DEMO. Frankly, not a game I'll be purchasing, as I went through the walkthrough to see if maybe there are different possible endings (like Cute Knight 1&2). Nope. Just the one way through.

Just glad I knew BEFORE purchasing that this game, as has been astutely described in the CCC, a "klunker".

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on May 15, 10 6:31 AM
I would appreciate it if everyone would climb off my back!! This is the place to post comments and reviews for games (read the title) and that is what I did. I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. I spend a WHOLE lot of money in this site, and I LOVE the games I have. There is no need to attack one person like you are. I do not expect anyone to "bow down" to me or my comments. I thought this was a rediculous game, and I still do. If you like it, KUDOS, and happy gaming. I am pretty much a shut in and games are what gets me through my days. So, please, with all due respect, stop attacking me personally. I have read a lot worse in these forums, do you go after those people too?

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 15, 10 10:21 AM
This one might be too hard for me if a 5 year old whizzes right through it.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 15, 10 10:39 AM
Hi fishies,

It looks like this thread is getting a little heated. I just wanted to pop in and remind everyone to show respect to one another as per our FAQ and General Rules. Everyone is allowed to post their opinions, but only in a respectful way that is commenting on the subject matter and isn't directed at anyone personally.

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 10:40:07 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 16, 10 10:46 AM
I'm not sure why my post suggesting she step away from the computer and get some fresh air was deleted and considered rude, but whatever...

Anyway, about "Hamlet". I didn't have much luck with this one, apparently I need clues and hand holding to make it through a game, particularly this one. The three penguins scene got me a little annoyed so I ended up closing down and deleting the game from my computer. Kudos to those that stuck with it.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 16, 10 2:27 PM
Boy am I divided on this one! It's like LFA games in that you just click around until you see where you need to go... but when I couldn't figure how to get into the castle after wasting 15 minutes of my demo I just about baled on the game. Then I saw the walkthrough - bless you BrownEyedTigre.

After getting into the castle and understanding the game play the game moved along nicely. I still have half an hour on the demo and have just joined the princess in the water. I'll finish the demo and then decide.

I too, applaud BFG for offering such a wide variety. I only need one more game to fill my third card so if I bought every game offered I'd be homeless with no internet. I actually breathe a sigh of relief when the game offer isn't my cup of tea.

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on May 17, 10 11:55 AM
I like this game but I cant click quick enough to get through it which is a real pity because I'd love to keep playing.

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on May 17, 10 4:34 PM
puppycake wrote:Another VERY short game *sigh* Has BF changed owners? There has been many more complaints recently, games are lower quality, I'm not the only one wondering what is going on recently. First time ever I have credits been hanging around forever. Even some of the games I do half like I won't buy because they are under 2 hours playing time. The games have definately been getting shorter.

Ditto Puppycake!
What's up with the new games lately? I'm hoping this summer brings a blockbuster of quality, long playing ihogs - Dire Grove, Sweeny Todd style.
Hey BFG, will you give us a hint of what's coming up in June?

Go to: