Bested by the Game

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

Re:Bested by the Game

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Dec 11, 17 12:51 PM
Hufflepuff wrote:How do you manage to force yourself through hundreds of HOSs each day? I am totally bored after about 50.

I do then 25 at a time.. and maybe ad an area.. next time 25 and anothe area.
Right now I also do the 5 new HOS to max them out.. and the 7 nice ones in the east.. because the items from some of them are used in the new ZZ’s.

It all ads up.

XzyvaGreenfern
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by XzyvaGreenfern on Dec 11, 17 1:11 PM
cbtx wrote:DQs are nothing but resource grabbers, IMO, and for my game ---- I enjoy building the resources, but not on the impossible terms the DQs require.

Many play them, I understand that, but, to me, they simply return too little for too high a cost. I have seen players complain over and over and over that there is "an airship problem" (I can almost hear the devs chuckling at that notion) that needs to be fixed, but it is very obvious the devs do not agree. They have set those achievements for very long term, and all the griping, demanding, and getting irate about it has not changed that.

So, the character quests, the diamond building puzzles, and most other elements of the game are important to me, and I take note of them and play accordingly.
The DQs and Trina's quests are impossibly set (and wasteful), and I take no note of them.
I only do DQ's when I have nothing else to do in my top level games or when I want to increase my pet medallions. Some of my games don't have very many of those so I can't craft much pet food. I also only do DQ's if I have a lot of those pink power modules to use for the magic amulets which help me to be able to actually complete the 10-part DQ's which I could never do before we got the amulets.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Dec 11, 17 8:04 PM
Currently at 76k HOS completed. Maybe that's the cause of the hopelessness of the achievement, which are currently at 316/319/312.

At max level, well as maxed as i'm going to get, What I look forward to doing is the DQ's. I just wish it didn't require 200+ HOS a day in order to complete them in a reasonable amount of time with each new level increasing the demand.

I don't consider the DQ's "resource grabbers" only because the only reason for me to have the resources is to do the DQ. If I don't have the item needed, it's a guaranteed drop from the HOS, and a necessary evil in order to get the airship items.

It would have been ever so nice if the Dev's had just capped the airship instead of having it increase with each new update. At this point, I wish I had never gotten higher than 60 to 65 when the max was reasonable.

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Dec 12, 17 10:05 AM
Wait...how many airship items DO you need at level 78

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Dec 12, 17 3:35 PM
Thewerecatqueen wrote:Wait...how many airship items DO you need at level 78

The amount the airship request is random. For me at level 76, it asks for anywhere from 198 to about 315 with the majority being in the 250's. Each level brings the max and average higher. Someone made a second game and determined the ideal level to be about level 64 before the requests started to become unreasonable. At about that level, Trina and the airship worked better together in their requirements.

Many people who make a second game, choose not to level very high so that the airship doesnt become a hardship. This is why I quit leveling even though I have all the resources to level back up to max very quickly, probably a couple of days should I use pet food to force it.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 12, 17 3:45 PM
gtminer wrote:
Thewerecatqueen wrote:Wait...how many airship items DO you need at level 78

The amount the airship request is random. For me at level 76, it asks for anywhere from 198 to about 315 with the majority being in the 250's. Each level brings the max and average higher. Someone made a second game and determined the ideal level to be about level 64 before the requests started to become unreasonable. At about that level, Trina and the airship worked better together in their requirements.

Many people who make a second game, choose not to level very high so that the airship doesnt become a hardship. This is why I quit leveling even though I have all the resources to level back up to max very quickly, probably a couple of days should I use pet food to force it.

198 to 315 wheels, which comes out to 66 to 105 items to be packed. (wheels divided by 3 equals items)

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 12, 17 4:15 PM
My strategy, such as it is, is to do fewer DQs. I'm still working on them, but I don't do more of the ones requiring airship items than I'm willing to part with. I want to keep enough around to do the Castle Quests. So, if I need to accumulate airship items, I just skip DQs for a bit and focus on HOS, pretty much the same way I accumulated the gold I needed for the really hard levels on the way up to level 82. I guess I'd rather get there more slowly than get there all stressed out trying to keep up with airship items.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Go to: