jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 12, 17 11:21 AM
Widows 10 - I played the Beta for this with zero problems, so I purchased the game without doing the demo - more fool I. At any rate, I'm still at the first part of the game, and just finished in the Present Room when the screen started flashing, making play impossible, and just closing out the game, difficult. What's up? I really wanted to be able to play this game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 12, 17 11:35 AM
Hi jennsmom,

It sounds like the display on the screen is flickering while playing. Sorry to hear about this! We can definitely give some troubleshooting a try to see if it helps. For display issues, the best place to start is checking for video card driver updates since those drivers have a lot of influence over how a game appears on the screen. Ensuring the game has the needed permissions by running the game as an Administrator can also help. Just in case, here's another link that can help our Windows 10 players:

Windows 10

Should these steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You may also PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We're always glad to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 12, 17 12:21 PM
I've stopped the flashing, but now, I have screen freeze and had to CAD to leave the game. Also, when I tried to do the train puzzle, nothing would move properly, and yes I checked the SG; I had to skip. I have all the other games in this series and have begun to look at them as a Christmas present to myself. This one is turning out to be an unpleasant one, and especially disappointing since there were no problems with the beta.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 12, 17 12:56 PM
Hi jennsmom,

Sorry to hear that freezing has started up now. Freezing can be related to some of the same causes, so trying out the aforementioned troubleshooting steps may help out. If not, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can help out. You may also PM a Moderator with any remaining questions. We're always happy to help to the best of our abilities.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Jennifer422 on Dec 13, 17 4:26 PM
I was able to play the main game with no problems but when playing the bonus chapter I am stuck trying to fix and dress the bunny. I was able to attach all of the missing limbs but now it wants me to use the yarn. There is no yarn there. I can't find it anywhere else and any hints I ask for just directs me back to the non-existent yarn.

tbnsgma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tbnsgma on Dec 14, 17 9:00 PM
I have the paint, the brush, and the doll. I cannot pick up the brush at all to use it. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a glitch? The game has played fine up until this point.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Dec 14, 17 9:01 PM
Jennifer422 wrote:I was able to play the main game with no problems but when playing the bonus chapter I am stuck trying to fix and dress the bunny. I was able to attach all of the missing limbs but now it wants me to use the yarn. There is no yarn there. I can't find it anywhere else and any hints I ask for just directs me back to the non-existent yarn.

I am having a similar problem. I am not able to use the scissors to cut the threads sticking out of the poor bunny's sewn on parts. The only thing that seems workable is the drawer at the bottom of the cabinet, but I can't find anything to open it with. That little key looking thing where the yarn is supposed to be is the only thing that makes any sense, but it doesn't seem to work anywhere. I sure hope somebody finds the problem. I can't tell if it's a tech problem or a blank mind problem, lol.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 15, 17 5:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like several different progression blocks haven prevented you from advancing through this game. Thank you for waiting for a response from the Moderation Team; I'm swimming over to help as quickly as I can.

Progression blocks can often lead back to display issues. The best way to troubleshoot a display issue is to check and see whether the computer's video card driver has available updates. Since this driver controls how the computer's graphics display, installing a newer version fix a number of troubles. I'd also recommend running the game with administrator permissions to improve how the game interacts with the computer. The help pages below will walk you through those processes.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)
Run Game as Administrator

Should these suggestions not fix your games, I'd recommend contacting out Technical Support Team. If and when new questions arise, you're always welcome to PM me or one of my fellow moderators. We're glad to help.

bfgBeruna

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 16, 17 6:27 AM
I finally finished the game because I was determined to do so. I had screen freeze at least 4 times during the bonus game alone. No, my video card does not need updating; I checked. There were also 2 puzzles which didn't work - in that I could not move things I was supposed to move. For example, the levers in the train puzzle would not move. I loved all the previous games, but this one gave me nothing but trouble with glitches. Very disappointing, and I probably won't play it again, as opposed to the previous games, all of which I have played at least twice.

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Dec 17, 17 11:59 AM
I had the exact same problem with the box, the vase and the cabinet. Game totally froze. Seems there may be a problem at that spot and possibly with others. Not sure I will continue to play.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 17, 17 3:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there have been troubles progressing in the game, as well as some freezing issues. If the aforementioned troubleshooting steps (checking for video card driver updates, running the game as an Administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling the game) have not resolved the issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They're able to provide the best assistance when general troubleshooting has not helped.

Should any additional questions arise, you can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you'd like. We will be glad to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 2:01:01 PM PST

[Post New]by ArleenRainbow on Dec 18, 17 12:51 PM
I'm also having problems painting the gnome doll. I have put the missing parts on doll but it won't let me paint it. when I pick up the brush, it goes back in place when I click on a color of paint. have tried many ways to do it with no luck. I like the game so far and hope there is a fix for this. have not found an answer in the forum.

I'm using Mac OS 10.13.1 with 16 GB RAM, 1 TB drive

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 18, 17 1:49 PM
Hi ArleenRainbow,

I'm sorry to hear that you've also run into an issue painting the gnome doll. If the troubleshooting steps in our Mac Game Troubleshooting have not resolved the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. This will help us better track reports of the issue. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any questions. We'll do whatever we can to help out.

bfgArinelle

Star_Wise63
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Star_Wise63 on Dec 20, 17 3:34 AM
OUTSIDE THE COTTAGE - BELLS PUZZLE

I got to the cottage with the Snowman and the Gnome and had a go at the Bells but couldn't solve it within the time that I had for that session of play. So I closed the puzzle and then I quit the game correctly ...... but when I returned to the game, to my surprise I can't access the Puzzle with the Bells which you have to put into order!!

There's no way of getting to that puzzle now and I am guessing that I have to complete it, in order to progress with the Game !!

I won't be happy if I have to re-install and play the game all over again, from the beginning.

Can this problem be solved? I have got Win 10 and the appropriate video card. Why would my lap-top Video Card interfere with a puzzle like this? In every BFG that I've played I have sometimes closed a puzzle to leave it to another session to play!!

Thank you.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 20, 17 2:04 PM
Hi Star_Wise63,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble giving the puzzle another try to complete it after exiting the game previously in the middle of it. If there's not a reset option for the puzzle, there may be something in the save file that's not allowing the puzzle to start again from the beginning. In those cases, there's not much that can be done with troubleshooting to get things moving forward again; trying a new profile may be the best way to get around the situation.

That's definitely not an ideal solution, so we can also try running the game as an Administrator, if you haven't done that already in case the game just needs elevated permissions to access the files it needs to give us another shot at the puzzle.

Should this not resolve the situation, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you have questions or concerns. We'll do our very best to help.

bfgArinelle

JPaules029
Clownfish
Clownfish
562 Posts

[Post New]by JPaules029 on Dec 23, 17 5:25 PM
Windows 8.1, fully patch, all drivers current - same issue with the box of foam freezing the game.
chdavisjr wrote:Running Windows 10 Pro latest version with all drivers and updates installed. Game playing great ... until ... Just collected the Vase and box of foam. Went back to hall where my little friend was up in the chand. Before I helped him, I opened the empty safe (where missing bowl goes) and tried putting the box of foam in the safe. It disappeared and the game froze to the point NOTHING worked and I had to "force" close the game window from the taskbar to return to windows. I was running the game outside of the BFG game manager, straight from the Start menu game icon. Fortunately, the game started back up without having lost any collected objects and I was able to rescue my little friend. So far it seems nothing was harmed by the crash, but thought this might be passed on to the devs in case it has affected some future location in the game.
I'll try playing the game over later with a different player name to see if the same issue happens.
Thanks to all for the great game. Hope this is the only issue.

[Post New]by caedhhgirl on Dec 31, 17 9:14 AM
In the bonus chapter, I can’t get the cat to go to the curtain to retrieve the arrows. He will turn and look at the curtain but then does not move.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 31, 17 11:58 AM
Hi JPaules029 and JPaules029,

It sounds like there have been some freezing troubles as well as difficulty progressing in the game. Both of these issues can have similar causes, so it may be a good idea to make sure that the permissions the game needs to work correctly are available. It can also help to check for video card driver updates to help the game and computer get along as well as possible. Steps for this can be found here:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

Since it sounds like the issue may persist after giving these steps a try, I'd also recommend sending a message to our Technical Support Team since they can help us better track reported issues that troubleshooting doesn't resolve. Please go ahead and PM me or another Moderator if any questions remain. We'll be happy to help.

bfgArinelle

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Jan 20, 18 6:04 PM
There appears to be a glitch in the strategy guide: In the Garden scene, there appears to be a zoom- in scene in the lower right hand corner where apparently according to the guide, you can find collectibles. There appears to be no way to access the zoom- in scene therefore I cannot complete all the collections in the demo version. Please help. Windows 7.

Go to: