playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Please Open your Christmas Room 2

[Post New]by playingthegame on Dec 12, 17 11:50 PM
Only 5 of my Friends now are still slumbering in their Spring Room and two even their home room, so not too bad a %age.

BUT several of my Friends do not have the unique Xmas ghosts displayed on the shelves of their ledger and it is only one Trina key to do so!

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Dec 13, 17 5:43 AM
I have 1 friend who has never taken part in any of Christmas / Winter Event and PROVES IT by putting up their WINTER BOOK in their display room that is empty ..

meanwhile... I have 3 friends with the first Christmas Room up who are HIDING behind KNOWING by putting up their GHOST BOOKS ...if they do not cooperate with the event and still haven't put up the new room by Saturday,i will delete them from my active friend list be gone then..bye

I actually don't care why it OFFENDS me I just know it does when folks purposely try and keep me from enjoying a facet to MIDNIGHT CASTLE by not cooperating with the events...it just does...

I had several others friends who had that first room up & open who were honest enough to let me know they KNEW by having their Winter/Christmas Books up and were collecting stocking snowmen AND TREES..soooO I have just now deleted them from my active friend list .. I hope they remove themselves as soon as possible.. I dislike clutter..

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Dec 13, 17 6:42 AM
I have no problem at all if someone doesn't want to do the event or the challenge. That's one of the things that I love about the game - so many options !!! BUT - it only takes 2 seconds to open the New Christmas room for those of us that do the event. You never have to collect your gifts or visit the other rooms if you don't want to but you are giving your friends the opportunities available with the new room open. I know that people are busy - schedules are tight - but after a week of no open room I too will be deleting so I can add friends that want to work together.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Dec 13, 17 6:57 AM
kujosmom wrote:I have no problem at all if someone doesn't want to do the event or the challenge. That's one of the things that I love about the game - so many options !!! BUT - it only takes 2 seconds to open the New Christmas room for those of us that do the event. You never have to collect your gifts or visit the other rooms if you don't want to but you are giving your friends the opportunities available with the new room open. I know that people are busy - schedules are tight - but after a week of no open room I too will be deleting so I can add friends that want to work together.

Same here, will be deleting come weekend, but those same friends are asking for xmas items on their wish lists. duh - don't get it.

I have just invited another 20 friends to see if anyone wants to play with me at xmas.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Dec 13, 17 7:35 AM

I just checked to see what is on several folks wish list that haven't put up the new Christmas Room and are displaying their Ghost Book on the First Christmas Room..

they are asking for what only can be gotten through the NEW ROOM.. I am done... there is no excuse..i am not waiting till Saturday to remove them... now I can only hope they remove themselves.. after I remove them for CHEATING ME by not opening the new Christmas Room.. bye...poof be gone from my friends list ..

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 13, 17 8:47 AM
It's a bit premature to assume people are trying to mess you over. It's only day two. Some people may be out of town or super crazy holiday busy or busy with family and work obligations and haven't open the game for a day or two. I think it's prudent to give them a few days before deleting them, if that's what you plan to do.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Dec 13, 17 9:36 AM
I personally was speaking of folks who had opened the first Christmas room...YET had a wish list full of items only gotten through the New Christmas Room and had up their Ghost books... have been gifting & or chatting out here in forums..

I felt cheated and dealt with it...

it's not like the game hasn't had trouble with who never gifts back.. and or cries all darn day & night when ever you hear from them out here in forums..

or never had trouble with folks who start swaps and never swap back....

some folks just get off too spoiling what ever they can for who ever they can l...!!! this game has a HANDFUL of that type...O well...

I rid me of them...

meanwhile.... I have enough pink boxes to gift EVERYONE on my list Christmas EVE... Christmas Day ...New Years Eve look forward to doing so...

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Dec 13, 17 9:59 AM
One of my friends has played the game for a long time. Day 1 Room 2 was opened. Day 2 it is the old Christmas room. I have sent a gift with a message as in my mind this is an oversight.

If I remember correctly, gold keys were needed to open areas in the new room. Some of your friends may not have them.

Also, remember the glitch at the time of the Spring event.

I have oodles of pink boxes. I only gift the ones with the new room opened. That is my way of saying thank you.

I would not delete someone so soon, just in case.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 13, 17 10:59 AM
There are players working on getting Monkey pet busy updating xmas room one!

If this is someone's first event...tons to see and do and fiddle with.

Not offended; only changed private room msg as a reminder.

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Dec 13, 17 12:03 PM
I currently have 3 of my 45 friends who do not have the Christmas Room 2 open. Two of them I know are not currently playing as they are showing red. I will certainly leave both of them on my friends list as they have been good friends, and I will hope they come back at some point, realise what is going on and change their rooms. If not, then I wish them luck with whatever they are busy with at the moment and will welcome them back when they eventually return.

I don't leave gifts for them, they clearly aren't playing and I don't have enough gifts to last through the winter event so will reserve them for people who I know are playing.

The third friend is a bit more of a puzzle. Has Old Christmas room up but is showing as green, so presumably playing. I'm guessing they are just busy, but haven't been out of the game long enough to go red. Hopefully they return soon. Again, I won't delete them, but I am also not gifting them under the tree until I can determine that they are actually playing.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Dec 13, 17 12:59 PM
WeeSam I have a friend showing the old Christmas Room & a green icon.
I looked at their album & can see some Christmas trees & snowmen so they have obviously been playing since this Winter Event started.I have sent a PM but as yet I haven't received a reply.
It's very frustrating.

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Dec 13, 17 1:19 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:WeeSam I have a friend showing the old Christmas Room & a green icon.
I looked at their album & can see some Christmas trees & snowmen so they have obviously been playing since this Winter Event started.I have sent a PM but as yet I haven't received a reply.
It's very frustrating.

I must check that when I get home. Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought of that. If I can find any indication at all that they are playing I will leave gifts under the tree. I just don't want to waste gifts if they are not playing.

alliebdive
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by alliebdive on Dec 13, 17 2:08 PM
I had 100 friends at the start of the Xmas event although some of them had been showing red for a while. I have just decided that if they are still showing red, and if the room hasn't changed to Xmas room 2 by the weekend I will take that as a sign that they are now inactive and delete them. it takes ages for the deleted ones to disappear so I will re-check after another week and if anyone has suddenly sprung to life, I will reactivate them. It's a good chance to really checkj if people are still in the game as you have a double indicator ie showing red and no change of room. I am more confused by the odd couple of people I have who are displaying xmas room 1. What's that about?? Well.... again, if they are playing ie green I will leave them there but will probably not leave gifts under their tree as I am not sure what their status really is. Looks like I will end up with about 80 active, playing friends after this event. That['s fine.

jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Dec 13, 17 3:15 PM
FishyBiotch wrote:let friends visit??? I thought they could already, so confused as usual lol ... ill make another pot of coffee and keep at this til I figure it out

Don't know if you already received an answer, but when you are in your private room, if you click on the the lower left icon (monitor with arrow) you can scroll to the right by clicking on the arrow - first is the original Christmas room, then your Spring room, & next will be the New Christmas room.

I promise you will love the new rooms - bells play Jingle Bells!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Dec 13, 17 4:00 PM
I don't understand not having the 2nd room open if you are playing the event.

1st--you are cheating yourself out of the 3 HOS in your own room. (unless you switch back and forth after you finish your own) and that would be real wrong!
2nd-- Most people aren't leaving gifts in the old room (so you are cheating yourself again)
3rd-- Why NOT? It's more beautiful and festive than the old room.
Kudos to the devs for this awesome holiday event!

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Dec 13, 17 8:23 PM
Finally got enough chards to open the second Christmas room. Come by and see me now to play the HOS

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Dec 13, 17 11:26 PM
First of all, I second 1457051’s commentary and wholeheartedly agree.

Second, as I played by going friend to friend on my IPad this evening, I noticed there were less Christmas room 2’s open than previously. Now, you may already have what you need for the pets and other inventory or are just playing your room’s scenes and switching back before continuing on, but I am sure that the rest of us don’t have what we need or have as many friends as you do. As rooms close and people retreat to previous rooms, the rest of us who only have a few friends find ourselves struggling to get where you are.

Yes, I know, put it on our wish lists and hope we get lucky. It is too early for that in the event. Please, show the rest of us some compassion. Open or reopen those 2nd Christmas rooms, it is only fair.

As for myself, I pledge to leave mine open until the event ends.
Please join me in this.

luv2playhog
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by luv2playhog on Dec 14, 17 8:37 PM
ty so much for direction on Christmas rm 2. did not even know to look for it. there is so much more to do, helps keep it exciting. The devs have done an incredible job on everything new, ty again, happy gaming

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Dec 15, 17 3:20 AM
Agree with all...

First off, those that are red in my friend's list are deleted but I check every Saturday to see if their status has changed.

Also..and this is the biggy for me. BFG gave us all a huge Christmas Present in this year's Event. The Christmas Room's HOs, when maxed deliver 250 coins per scene each day per room. With all the bellyaching that goes on about the cost of everything..why isn't everyone doing just Christmas HOs? I have surpassed my last update cost in just doing those scenes! This is unprecedented people! I have 150 CE friends. 10 are on the verge of deletion because they don't have their Room 2 up and available...and the kicker to that is they are all in high level attainment so they know how this game is played..I too say bye bye, Happy New Year.

If you want to come play with me please send an invite to a898030. I collected enough pink boxes this year to accommodate 175 through the New Year! And since my trees, snowmen and stockings are all almost completed, I have no problem trading with the kiddos for more boxes through the end of the Event if I happen to run out.

Enjoy your castle and Happy Holidays!

RBsMom

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Dec 15, 17 12:37 PM
I have been gifting in the old Christmas room as well as the new and I noticed a friend in the old Christmas room with one of the new pets. Maybe they think their new room is open and it isn't showing? Puzzled!!

Go to: