Re:Your Comments and Review for Magicville: Art of Magic

[Post New]by desktopgaming on May 16, 10 3:29 PM
onetoomany: Thanks for the kind words. Pleased you're enjoying the game.

Dave
DesktopGaming

[Post New]by mprater306 on May 16, 10 5:30 PM
Stopped after fifteen minutes of play. I agree the skip feature is the reason why I gave up on the game.

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on May 16, 10 6:37 PM
I like HOs and M3s they are my all time favorites. Overall this game was really prettty good. The exception was the no SKIP button for the mini puzzles.

Also there was a lot of time spent loading between screens.

This will be a no buy for me because of the no SKIP, which leads to aggravation and that I don't like either.

I would give it about a 5 out of 10......

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 6:39:44 PM PST

owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on May 17, 10 2:43 PM
I don't understand why some people are saying 'no skip, no buy'. I've finished the demo - got to round 23 - and so far haven't come across a game that needed skipping. They've been easy imo, and for some games (like solitaire) the whole game doesn't have to be completed to complete the level. If the game isn't completed against the clock, you get the chance to retry. One for future purchase for me.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on May 19, 10 2:32 PM
Graphics are nice. The game itself felt very clunky, maybe in part because of the cursor. It wasn't very clear how to use stuff in the inventory. One hint said to click on the item then click on use, which worked for the cog after I had to use a hint.

Even when I got the first cog, I sat there clicking and "looking" at it before I finally clicked on map to quit the game and found that was how to proceed to the next level.

Could not get the flower to the alchemist no how. Click flower then click use and nothing. Click use and then flower, nothing. So tired of clicking on something, even the alchemist and that "look at" phrase got tiresome very quick.

Thanks but no thanks.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 20, 10 7:40 AM
I am not very impressed with the game. The graphic is very clear, match 3 is okay but nothing special. I don`t like the minigames very much. I will pass this game, no buy, maybe as a Daily Deal

suzette72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by suzette72 on May 21, 10 10:13 PM
Um, maybe I downloaded a later version than other people did, but my version does have a "skip" option on every minigame. It is in the lower right corner. I have used it twice now. It is kinda funky, a little bit of all kinds of games, but I am really liking it. It's been a really slow year for good match threes, and I think this is one of the best.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on May 25, 10 6:43 AM
suzette72 wrote:Um, maybe I downloaded a later version than other people did, but my version does have a "skip" option on every minigame. It is in the lower right corner. I have used it twice now. It is kinda funky, a little bit of all kinds of games, but I am really liking it. It's been a really slow year for good match threes, and I think this is one of the best.
Thanks for the comments. A skip feature was added following a number of requests for it on the forums. So anybody who downloaded the game on release day will need to download the update to get the new features.

Dave
DesktopGaming

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on May 27, 10 1:55 AM
I found the graphics nice.enjoyable, and not dark. The Match 3s were very easy. I did not see any instructions on how to use the items in the inventory. Thank goodness for the skip button on the first couple. I finally just clicked and clicked on the buttons above the inventory items. Finally figured out to click on use, give, etc before clicking on the item in inventory.

I like the variety of mini puzzles and the story line of the game.

Now for the flip side of the coin, I played only 30 minutes of the demo and found it just did not hold my interest.

I am sure there are those out there in the pond that will like this one and to them I say .. "enjoy". That is the reason BF provided us with such a variety of games as we do not all like the same things. Thanks BF.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 2, 10 3:31 AM
After downloading it for the third time, it did work. But I can't pick up the wooden cog to put it on the wall. Is it me ? Am I missing something ?? Add that to that I'm steadily starting to dislike the game

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jun 2, 10 7:34 AM
Poutoule,

You first need to click an action button ("Use", in this case). Then click on the wooden cog. Finally click where you want to use it.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jun 6, 10 10:33 AM
I started this game and what a surprise! I loved the music! Normally, I always just go right into options and turn off any music and most sounds. This was a major plus for me.

I thought it was very pretty too.. But the icons in the match 3 seemed mushy to me. Then I decided that it was because they were animated. I liked that they were big so that I didn't have to put my eye on the monitor to see them. I got used to it all and they move very easy for me.

I kept playing and decided it was a keeper for me. Nice, gentle play so far. I think it will be a good game to play to relax after a very stressful day.

The one thing I do NOT like is the treasure chest clomping shut all the time. The only way to turn that off is all the sounds I think. So, it's turned very low, which is a shame because this is the first game I've actually wanted the music playing.

Some people say it takes too long between screens. I see the line going across the bottom of the screen, but doesn't take long at all on my PC.

Thank you for a nice game to relax with.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jun 6, 10 12:57 PM
Thanks for the nice comments.

Regarding the volume - during the game, click on the X to close the window or press ESC - this will bring up the game menu (and pause the game) where you can independently adjust the volume of the music and sound effects. So you can turn the sound effects low or even completely off, and still have the music playing.

You can also change the volume from the main game menu (click "options").

Dave
DesktopGaming

Edited on 06/06/2010 at 12:57:59 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 25, 11 8:13 AM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is M3 which are simple. There are two mode, timed and relaxed. There are mnigames which are unskippable and mostly simple. Then there are the items usage. People will ask for items but with clues and you "give" them the item that fits the riddle. The storyline is wonderful and a lot of fun. Loading between scene got a little old. The music got really annoying but can be turned off.

This game is an A-.

Editted for spelling errors.

Edited on 01/25/2011 at 8:14:02 AM PST

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Jan 25, 11 11:43 AM
I like this one too and so I bought it. It's a nice change of pace from the usual M3. The puzzles are fun and not all that difficult and the music is pleasant and not distracting. I really don't like that treasure chest though. Why does it keep closing? I keep thinking it must mean something!

[Post New]by myamystic on Jan 25, 11 9:35 PM
Thanks for everyone that said to try it out since it might not be for everyone. I agree. Although the graphics and storyline were nice...I do dislike the pipes mini game and sometimes I would like the option of going past a filler game. Thanks but I will pass on it.

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Jan 26, 11 11:16 AM
To Myamystic: You can skip the filler puzzles, just click on the tiny skip button at the lower right. All the people that were unhappy with the no-skip feature were talking about an earlier version of the game.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jan 29, 11 2:44 PM
Hi Myamistic

As Scobeaux said, the game was originally released without a skip button, and I added it in an update soon after as a lot of people seemed to be requesting it. If anybody is still playing and *doesn't* have a skip button on the minigames, an update should be available to you via game manager which fixes that problem.

Dave
DesktopGaming

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 10, 11 2:32 PM
The game was okay, but is pretty far on the easy side, especially with all the potions you can buy. The interface during conversations seems clunky, but easy to figure out. Probably is fun for some people, but not one of the more enjoyable match-3 games I've played. The graphics are pretty though, and the music isn't bad.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Dec 20, 11 2:34 PM
Generally OK, but suffers for me by being too "loose" when moving the pieces. Difficult to describe: think of how some cars have a "tight" gearshift, while in others the gearstick feels sort of "loose" - that's how this one feels. Have recently bought "Jewel Match 3" which is much crisper.

The mini-games didn't worry me too much, and the in-game help was just enough to sort out the first gear problem.

No buy here. Might have got it as a DD.

ETA: I didn't feel quite as confident that the game would help me get the corner pieces, either. Some M3s help a lot: make a few matches near a difficult square, and in 3 or 4 moves the pieces you need will appear.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 2:37:18 PM PST

Go to: