bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 17, 17 3:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble progressing in the game due to the amulet not being able to be used. If closing out the game and starting it up again didn't help, as well as the aforementioned troubleshooting, have not resolved the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to help when troubleshooting does not fix the issue.

Please send a message to me or another Moderator if there are any additional questions. We'll be glad to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 17, 17 5:23 PM
murphy1018 is right, exit the game enitrely and restart the game.
You will be able to access the Amulet and save Dupene.

Thanks murphy for the info.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 18, 17 10:15 AM
I'm running Windows 10Pro. This is the second Dark Tales game that I can play as a demo, but the moment I purchase it, everything goes wrong. I click on the downloaded icon to begin to download and install the game. The game manager starts the process then it just dies out. It can't download the full game and I'm out the money. I've seen the suggestions to play the games in Administrator mode, but when I go to the file and right click for more, BFG games never have whatever file is necessary for Administrator mode to be an option. I've had other files on my computer I was able to right click on for more and open in Admin mode, but no BFG games provide me with whatever is necessary to play in Admin mode. So what do I now? I love the Dark Tales games. I have 2 now that I can't even download and install and I'm really bummed.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 18, 17 11:44 AM
Hi sonofstar;

I had silimar problems; listed below are the steps necessary to change the Big Fish Game Manager to have Administrative Authority.

You do not want to change the "game" to have Administrative Authority, you want to change the Big Fish Game Manager. Doing this eliminated quite a few problems for me.

From your desktop, right-click on the Big Fish Game Mgr Icon
Click on Properties
Click the Compatibility tab at the top of the Properties window
Under Application, CHECK the Run this program as Administrator
Click OK
You're done, go ahead and open the Big Fish Game Mgr and run your game.

I hope this helps you.

Edited on 12/18/2017 at 11:45:28 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 18, 17 11:51 AM
jcsgame wrote:Hi sonofstar;

I had silimar problems; listed below are the steps necessary to change the Big Fish Game Manager to have Administrative Authority.

You do not want to change the "game" to have Administrative Authority, you want to change the Big Fish Game Manager. Doing this eliminated quite a few problems for me.

Click on Properties
Click OK

I hope this helps you.

Now this sounds promising. Will let you know what happens.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 18, 17 12:00 PM
sonofstar wrote:
jcsgame wrote:Hi sonofstar;

Click on Properties
Click OK

I hope this helps you.

Now this sounds promising. Will let you know what happens.

Ok, followed the steps you suggested. The Run as Administrator box remained checked, but the game still will not download. I'm formally in a funk now.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 18, 17 12:48 PM
Hi sonofstar,

Those are definitely some great tips that jcsgame provided! Since they didn't seem to do the trick in this particular case, let's see if we can get the download going another way.

When a download won't complete or go through, it can often be related to some other program interfering in the background (most often an antivirus). There are some adjustments we can make for that, and it may also help to ask the Big Fish Games app to try downloading the game in a different way. Changing up how the app downloads games can often fix download and installation issues. For information on these possibilities, please visit the following link:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should that not do the trick, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide additional assistance for download and installation issues. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any other questions you may have. We're happy to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by SUNNIEYVONNIE on Dec 19, 17 9:10 AM
I would like to renew my membership with Bigfish, however, I can not get my favorite games to play. I can only get one of the Edgar Allen Poe games to play. It is so frustrating. My computer is a Windows 10. I can get the games to download but but when the process is completed and I click the play button an error message always appears. SO BIGFISH GENUSES GET TO WORK AND FIGURE THIS OUT!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 11:07 AM
Hi SUNNIEYVONNIE,

Sorry to hear there's been trouble playing some of the Dark Tales games! Depending on the type of error message coming up, there can be a few different causes, so let's go over some general troubleshooting to see if we can get things working better.

One type of error message that can come up is an access violation error. These can have multiple causes, but a good general rule is outdated software or some other interfering program. The following article has some steps to help make sure everything is up-to-date to help the game get along better with the computer system:

Access Violation

There are other errors that can come up, of course, and the next articles have steps to help give the games the permissions and resources they need to work best. It also has some steps for updating software as well.

Run Game as Administrator
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Should none of these suggestions resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Our Moderators are also always available by PM to answer any additional questions we can. We're happy to help.

bfgArinelle

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 19, 17 11:29 AM
sonofstar:

I sent you a PM, go and read it. I'm going on the assumption that you are getting an Error 1404 when you try and download. There is also an Error 5 that I also have a resolution for, but have not written it in the PM.

It should get you past the download problem.

PM me and I'll work with you the best that I can.

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 11:32:36 AM PST

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Inside the Big Top

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Dec 19, 17 5:19 PM
I am supposed to use the death amulet to stop myself from becoming bad. The amulet has disappeared from my inventory. I can't go any further as It looks like I need to zap myself back to human and can't. Thoughts? Anyone else?
KDinMD

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 20, 17 3:34 PM
Hi KDinMD43,

It sounds like there's been trouble with the death amulet disappearing from the inventory before it can be used. For something like that, something may have gone wrong with the save file for the game. In those cases, starting up a new profile may be the best way to get around the issue. That's not an ideal solution, of course, so we can also recommend trying to run the game as an Administrator and uninstalling/reinstalling the game to see if that may also get things moving forward again.

Should the issue not be resolved by these suggestions, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. Our Moderator Team is also always available by PM to answer any remaining questions. We're always glad to help.

bfgArinelle

lindsey56
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindsey56 on Dec 21, 17 3:24 AM
It says it needs a security key to open??? Help!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 21, 17 12:07 PM
Hi lindsey56,

It sounds like a security key error message is coming up while trying to play the game. I'm sorry to hear that! If uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They will have the tools to assist with this particular error message; it's not something we can resolve over the forums, unfortunately.

For details about this error and the details to send in a message to our Technical Support Team, please visit the following link:

Security Key Error

If there are questions about this process, please PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to provide any answers we have.

bfgArinelle

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Dec 27, 17 5:35 PM
Restarting the game didn't help me with the death amulet. Nothing I've tried has helped. I play on pc windows 7. Do not have any problems playing on this platform.

[Post New]by VampireNN on Jan 3, 18 12:03 AM
try all of the helping tips, the game still not run for me!! windows 10. Has no problem running another game but just this one!!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 3, 18 1:23 PM
Hey Everyone,

It sounds like the troubleshooting steps offered haven't worked for some of our players. In cases where troubleshooting doesn't resolve an issue, the next best step is to send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. They can also help us by gathering information helpful for passing along reports of issues our players have experienced.

If any questions remain, please send a PM to me or another of our Moderators. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jan 16, 18 12:24 AM
Does anyone have cursor issues with this developer? The games I play by this dev, I typically have problems with the cursor in the lower right corner of the screen. The cursor will lock up there, and moving over it will only jog it so far. So if I need to use a hint, or if the menu is in that part of the screen, I have a lot of trouble trying to click on it. Because when the cursor locks up there, if I click, I get booted out of the game. I don't have this problem with any other game dev.

Annxqz
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Annxqz on Mar 3, 18 1:12 AM
I am in the study playing the hop trying to find musical note. I cannot find it have clicked everywhere. When I ask for a hint it gives me nothing but shows it has. I have asked for 5 hints. Have left area and come back, still no help.Without this I cannot get the item I need for other areas. I am using Win xp professional. I cannot go any further without this. I have left game and come back still same problem. I to feel this is a waste of my money and think you should give a refund until the game is fixed.

ropik
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by ropik on Apr 19, 18 4:50 PM
2dogsx2 wrote:chapter 2 i can't use the death amulet on dupin, i hope this is the only bug

Me too.

Go to: