Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 8 here.

[Post New]by fen13y on Dec 19, 17 7:32 PM
Like 7 - it is too big to fit on my screen. Please advise. Many thanks.

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Dec 19, 17 7:49 PM
I guess you are not hearing me. I have games from 2011 that play beautifully on windows 10. I have one game that curled up in a fetal position and hid in the upper lefthand corner of my 17 in. laptop.
I am not buying this game, reconfiguring my laptop or standing on my head. I will continue playing #4 (runs beautifully) and wonder why these programmers are so ignorant.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Dec 20, 17 11:52 AM
Right now I'm using a backup computer with Windows 7 and have downloaded this game several times only to get the same result "INPUT NOT SUPPORTED" ... Don't know or understand why I'm getting a message like this ... Have all the other games in this series and don't recall having any sort of problems with them ... Am looking forward to playing the latest game sometime in the immediate future w/o any issues as described in these posts!!!

BJ Minnich
12/20/2017
11:52 AM PST

[Post New]by Shumana on Dec 20, 17 1:01 PM
UPDATE: When you have the issue that I did, where the game was too large and you could not get to the bottom, easy fix press alt and enter to go into window mode, it is then playable! This is on my desktop that runs windows 10, and I did make sure to hide the task bar). Figured this out today after 2 frustrating days of not being able to play any Christmas Wonderland games from 5 on up! Good luck everyone!

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 9:06:07 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 20, 17 1:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear players have experienced difficulties playing this game. For those who have not tried them yet, the following help articles may help for display issues or troubles opening up the game:

Screen Resolution
Video Driver Updates
Mac Game Troubleshooting

Since it sounds like Shumana found a workaround that may work for players who are seeing the game as too large for the screen, it may be a good idea to give that tip a try. Here it is, just in case:

UPDATE: When you have the issue that I did, where the game was too large and you could not get to the bottom, easy fix press alt and enter to go into window mode, it is then playable!

Should none of the above resolve the experienced issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can help us gather information helpful for the reports our team can pass along. I did want to let players know that I've passed along the information from this thread to try to help our players' voices be heard. We really appreciate your patience and understanding with the situation.

Please feel free to PM me or another Moderator with any other questions. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Pollysweet on Dec 21, 17 11:18 AM
iMac 10.13.2
My issue is different.
In the church nativity scene, after I find all the figures, I don't get the usual stars and Good Work. Even if I wait for the time to expire, nothing happens. Then, I click Skip and I cannot see anything move into place that perhaps I may have missed. So I get no points for that scene.
I have played it 3 times and it never gave me the good work and stars.
But, I love this and all Casual Arts hidden object games.

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 11:19:15 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 21, 17 11:43 AM
Hi Pollysweet,

It sounds like there's trouble getting credit for completing a puzzle in the game. Troubleshooting for this sort of things on a Mac system are a bit tricky, but we can check for updates or reinstall Shockwave and Flash to see if that helps since those programs have a lot to do with how Mac games act and look. Steps for this can be found here?

Mac Game Troubleshooting

It is also possible that something went awry with the save file; in that sort of situation, starting a new profile, when possible, is the best way to get around issues with progressing in the game. This definitely isn't an ideal scenario, so hopefully the above steps (or simply closing the game and reopening it) will fix it up instead.

Should none of the above help, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. Additional questions can also be sent to one of our Moderators by PM; we're always glad to do what we can to help.

bfgArinelle

PCR45
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by PCR45 on Dec 21, 17 2:36 PM
To anyone who is having screen overflow issues with Christmas Wonderland 8,
1. I got it to work analogue
2 Radeon HDMI has a setting called virtual super resolution, turn it off and the game works just fine!
Hope this helps someone

[Post New]by judemickN on Dec 21, 17 4:42 PM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

In the scene where you have to find the missing food and drink items and drag them to Mrs. Claus's table:

The box of chocolates will not go into the empty spot for it at the right edge of the screen. It will "bump" against the right side of the screen but not slip into place, as if it hits on the side and won't go far enough. So you cannot finish this level and have to skip it with only one item left to do.

[Post New]by mrmccoy on Dec 23, 17 1:54 PM
I have a Mac with OS High Sierra. Recently purchased Christmas Wonderland 8. Played the trial version with no problem but am unable to continue play as a purchased game. Have sent requests to Big Fish but have not received any replies (it's been more than one business day). When I try to do anything with the game now, I get two error codes, 1400 and 1402. I have an internet connections, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Has anyone else had this problem?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 23, 17 4:27 PM
Hello judemickN and mrmccoy,

I'm swimming by to offer troubleshooting assistance post haste!

It sounds as if your game is experiencing a progression block, judemickN! When this happens, I recommend that players check to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how graphics display, and installing a newer version can fix a number of issues. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode to give the game more permissions on the computer.

The following help pages contain instructions for those processes.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)
Run Game as Administrator

For suggestions about how to troubleshoot error codes 1400 and 1402, mrmccoy, please take a look at the help page below.

Errors 1400, 1401, and 1402

Should these suggestions not fix your games, the next best step will be to contact our Technical Support Team. My fellow moderators and I are also available to answer any new questions that might arise, so don't hesitate to PM us if the need arises.

Please have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by jsearles61 on Dec 25, 17 5:02 AM
I have windows 10 and my game won't open full screen, this just started happening
when I hit help it says the game launcher is not working,

[Post New]by mrmccoy on Dec 25, 17 6:07 AM
I'm using an iMac and, as far as I know, there's no way to update video card driver nor run game as administrator. I'm not using a Windows machine. I've been to the page that explains what to do when you get error codes 1400 and 1402 and have followed those instructions without success. I've also contact support twice and have not heard anything back (I first contacted them the beginning of last week). I'm at a loss as to what my next step might be. As I mentioned before, I'm on an iMac running OS High Sierra.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 27, 17 2:27 PM
Hi jsearles61 and mrmccoy,

It sounds like there's a display issue and also troubles with error codes 1400 and 1402 coming up. For the display troubles, let's try adjusting the screen resolution to see if that helps, since some games can be picky about the resolutions they work best at. Steps for this can be found here:

Screen Resolution

For the 1400 and 1402 errors you're seeing, mrmccoy, our Technical Support Team is best equipped to help from this point. They have additional things we can try that aren't something we can troubleshoot over the forum. If you haven't heard back from them yet, please locate the most recent email from them and reply directly to it. This will let our Tech Support team know that help is still needed. Thank you so much for your patience.

If there are other questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or another Moderator. Sending a ticket to our Technical Support Team is also a good idea when troubleshooting doesn't resolve an issue. We will do our best to help to the best of our abilities.

bfgArinelle

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 12, 18 3:23 PM
I too ended up with a full screen with the inability to change the size. It also mucked up my resolution while the game was playing so the Internet was tiny, while the game was huge.

There are enough games out there to not be fiddling with just the one.

Game deleted.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 12, 18 3:53 PM
Hello jillaroogirl,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand not wanting to fiddle with a game, but if you'd like to have this one replaced, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll issue a coupon code as quickly as possible.

Your patience and grace are much appreciated. Please don't hesitate to PM someone from the Moderation Team (myself included) if any questions or concerns arise in the future. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: