Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by jillehouston on May 18, 10 10:09 AM
Great game....loved every minute. Anyone know of any other games similar to this one? I liked all the puzzles....would love to find another game like it.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on May 18, 10 11:18 AM
just tried the demo and it is a buy for me. Love when their is alot of different puzzles plus a story .. reasonable gamelength too....

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 18, 10 11:20 AM
OMG! That is the BEST game I've played in forever. Right up there with the Mystery Case Files in my mind! And a cliff hanger...to be continued...Part II to come. Has no one ever told these game producers that some of us HATE suspense? Ugh! It had better not be a year until Part II's release is all I can say!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on May 18, 10 11:31 AM
Its just ok. Its raining out today. I sure liked Deadtime Stories a whole lot better.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on May 18, 10 12:16 PM
This one's not for me. The puzzles are far too easy. I played 20 minutes and got through three levels. Seems like it would be a short game as there are only 15 levels. I'll save my money for something else.

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on May 18, 10 12:56 PM
Really like this game.Guess i will have to buy even though Iv got 11 games not played waiting for me.Iv spent too many days playing Lilly and Sasha,and Royal Envoy.Now im behind Everyone enjoy your day.Happy Gaming

Diamond71

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 18, 10 1:46 PM
I was playing the demo and was totally surprised when it ended. Thought I had only been playing about 10 minutes. I guess that means I was really enjoying it so I will definitely be buying it.

Akamar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Akamar on May 18, 10 2:17 PM
I tend to find a lot of romance cheesy, and to be certain, the dialogue in this one fit the bill pretty often. XD Mind, it's something I find amusing, and not exactly detrimental to the story.

All in all, I found the length of this game to be VERY appealing, i feel I got my money's worth, and the variety of puzzles was a big plus. In a number of HOGs, the repetitive nature of the one or two puzzles can be irritating to me, as I tend to play after work and when tired. I admit I skipped a couple at the end.

I'll certainly be looking out for the sequel, which I hope will release fairly soon. ;3

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 18, 10 2:19 PM
I tested this game too, and then bought it elsewhere as soon as it was available...I really enjoyed this one and can't wait for part 2. But that means once again there isn't a game on BF that I want to buy today. Off to do my searching elsewhere as I really want a good game to play (hog) and since I have fractured some ribs, I am most comfortable at the moment sitting at my computer. Sure hope I can find a good hog for me today.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 18, 10 2:34 PM
Well, my search paid off...I did find a new one. downloading now. Oh well, it is only money, and who really cares where it gets spent, lol; it all winds up going around the world anyway.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 18, 10 2:37 PM
sonofstar wrote:OMG! That is the BEST game I've played in forever. Right up there with the Mystery Case Files in my mind! And a cliff hanger...to be continued...Part II to come. Has no one ever told these game producers that some of us HATE suspense? Ugh! It had better not be a year until Part II's release is all I can say!
The game developers have posted on other sites that it will probably take about 7 months to complete the Part 2 of this series. So if you don't like the suspense you can do what I did and get the book from the library. I am really enjoying the book and I look forward to the next game. I hope the game developer and the book author keep going and make many more games like this.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 18, 10 2:48 PM

Truly enjoying this one!

Everything has been well reviewed.

All I will add is...

Where do I get a puzzle box like that?

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 18, 10 2:57 PM
Seems that quite a lot of fishies like this one so I must be an exception.
The items were rather small, and puzzles were easy and too many. Artwork not that great in my opinion.
I much prefer Deadtime Stories...now that one has fantastic artwork and is most interesting. JMHO.
Happy Gaming everyone!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 18, 10 3:00 PM
sonofstar wrote:OMG! That is the BEST game I've played in forever.

Weeell...don't exaggerate... I've played many more better games this year, after Madame Fate was posted...

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on May 18, 10 3:06 PM
Euskalduna wrote:Sounds good. The only thing that is making me hesitant to buy is that "contains romantic scenes" and that is a big no-no for me. I get bored to tears with romantic games. However the reviews are good and probably I will use my free credit.

I agree with you! The romantic scenes in these games bore me to tears too!
Laura

Akamar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Akamar on May 18, 10 3:18 PM
barregar wrote:Seems that quite a lot of fishies like this one so I must be an exception.
The items were rather small, and puzzles were easy and too many. Artwork not that great in my opinion.
I much prefer Deadtime Stories...now that one has fantastic artwork and is most interesting. JMHO.
Happy Gaming everyone!

XD yes, I admit, the artwork drove me nuts. Particularly the hands.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 18, 10 3:20 PM

sonofstar wrote:OMG! That is the BEST game I've played in forever. Right up there with the Mystery Case Files in my mind! !

I beg to differ but I don't think this game can compare with the Mystery Case File games, especially RTR. They are in a class of their own and way better than this game. Just my opinion.

Anyway, glad that you are happy playing this game.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 18, 10 3:37 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I tested this game too, and then bought it elsewhere as soon as it was available...I really enjoyed this one and can't wait for part 2. But that means once again there isn't a game on BF that I want to buy today. Off to do my searching elsewhere as I really want a good game to play (hog) and since I have fractured some ribs, I am most comfortable at the moment sitting at my computer. Sure hope I can find a good hog for me today.

I am really sorry to hear about the rib fractures; you have certainly had more than your share of trials and tribulations lately. Take care, and I hope that BF will release some more good HOGs/IHOGs/FROGs this week so as to keep you in good supply.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 18, 10 4:31 PM
barregar wrote:Seems that quite a lot of fishies like this one so I must be an exception.
Happy Gaming everyone!

I agree with your review. I liked also Deadtime Stories much more and find items hard to find. Maybe as a Daily Deal or if we have a new sale but no buy yet.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 18, 10 5:23 PM
lauramarie8 wrote:
Euskalduna wrote:Sounds good. The only thing that is making me hesitant to buy is that "contains romantic scenes" and that is a big no-no for me. I get bored to tears with romantic games. However the reviews are good and probably I will use my free credit.

I agree with you! The romantic scenes in these games bore me to tears too!
Laura

I personally found myself laughing at the first "attempt to romance" scene,
didn't go to well for him
Also, I like the heroine-she can really take care of herself.
This was a definite buy for me.

Go to: