gamenut23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box technical issues here only

[Post New]by gamenut23 on May 21, 10 5:17 AM
Mistickel wrote:Ive played LOTS of BFGs with never a problem until this one. I kept getting sound but no picture. The game just wouldnt come up no matter what I tried. Im on Windows Vista.

rita9720
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Post any Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box technical issues here only

[Post New]by rita9720 on May 22, 10 11:58 AM
Game is fine BUT every time I go to play I must start from the beginning. It is really most annoying.

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on May 23, 10 9:48 PM
Pinky559 wrote:I also had a problem with this game. I was going good til I got to the part where you have to play like match game. The cursor went crazy. It went all over the screen. I had no control over it and the screen kept flickering. Then my computer crashed.I will not be downloading this for the hour and I certainly will not be buying until this problem is corrected by BF. Its too bad because the game was very good until this happened. |

I am having the exact same problem - came out here tonight to see if it was a flunk with my system or if other people were getting it too - and I too liked the game until this happened 29 minutes into playing it.

B

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on May 23, 10 9:51 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the game. It sounds like most of the issues are display issues that may be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The great thing is almost all of these updates are free! Here is a help article with more information.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Display Issues</a>

If you have already tried these updates or that lost the time on your trial, I would suggest contacting our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

this would be great as I am a club member but I work 8:-5pst m - f - too bad you don't have later hours or sat hrs for us working folks

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on May 23, 10 9:53 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the game. It sounds like most of the issues are display issues that may be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The great thing is almost all of these updates are free! Here is a help article with more information.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Display Issues</a>

If you have already tried these updates or that lost the time on your trial, I would suggest contacting our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

and I should have said I have only had my computer a few months so it is hard to believe my drives would be out of date already

[Post New]by PopcornPrincess on May 30, 10 2:15 AM
I love the game but I'm having trouble with making the chains of three or more. Is anyone else having problems with this? It's hard connecting them. I don't know how to fix it.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Jun 1, 10 12:07 PM
I had priblems too until I tried clicking on a symbol and then holding down the mouse button and dragging it through 2 or more of the same type of symbol. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by FroggiePharts on Jun 4, 10 10:45 AM
game played fine, until I got to the puzzle called A stone fruit, and it will not let me click. It just closes the game out. I bought the game because it did play good, and it was fun, but now it wont play. I don't understand how some games are fine, and then they just stop. Anyone else have this problem? thanks

[Post New]by Kevamy on Jun 14, 10 12:38 PM
I am having a similar problem. i get half way through the game everything is fine, playing great then all of a sudden I get to a scene and the game just stops. Can't get a hint and can't move on. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Jun 19, 10 9:55 AM
I bought the Mac version of this game and have enjoyed playing it until it kept freezing in the middle of one of the puzzles (the one where you have to make chains of three or more). I've tried it two or three times and it freezes every time. Didn't have an issue with the previous chain puzzles in this game. I too have a new
Apple computer MacBook Pro with 10.6 OS. It definitely does not need a new sound card or driver. Should I ask for a credit and give up on this one?

[Post New]by Lee_Last on Jun 19, 10 10:14 AM
I bought the Mac version too & when I get to the level after the bombs, it says : Loading... & freezes. Nothing happens. I need to close out & if I come back in, it does the same thing again. I have uninstaled & reinstalled & it is still happening. Is there a fix for this or should i get a credit & give up on this one? Please help!

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jun 19, 10 1:52 PM
I bought the Mac version because the demo worked fine. But now I'm at the level where you have to disable the security devices in the hotel room and suddenly I have no sound. Everything else is working fine.

Edit: I quit and restarted and the sound came back.

Edited on 06/19/2010 at 2:28:01 PM PST

Meldandy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Meldandy on Jun 26, 10 3:22 PM
Ok, this is just weird. I played the demo without any trouble a couple weeks back. I bought it today and now there's no picture, just music. And I don't mean a black or blank screen; it's more like the game window never opens. All I see is my regular wallpaper and the BF game manager with background music. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, rebooted the computer, and no change. I've checked all the faq suggestions so it isn't one of them.

I just bought this thing and I've really been looking forward to it. Help!

[Post New]by katie64 on Jun 26, 10 7:07 PM
Lee_Last wrote:I bought the Mac version too & when I get to the level after the bombs, it says : Loading... & freezes. Nothing happens. I need to close out & if I come back in, it does the same thing again. I have uninstaled & reinstalled & it is still happening. Is there a fix for this or should i get a credit & give up on this one? Please help!

I am having the exact problem with the game freezing right after the connect three game. It says loading..... and freezes. I have all updates for my macbook pro OS 10.6.4. Not having any problems with any other games. Any fixes yet for this game? I was enjoying it until the freezing started.

[Post New]by theprofw on Jul 3, 10 8:31 PM
Same situation with the freezing. The game is mediocre...but the freezing is intolerable. First time I have ever been truly disappointed with a BF game. Fortunately it was one I got with a credit. Unfortunately I could have used the credit elsewhere. Seems with so many having issues at the same spot (the match/drag 3), it indicates a software bug. Ah well...my loss.

[Post New]by Shauna_Lynn on Jul 12, 10 8:42 PM
I too have the Mac version, and it keeps freezing right after connect 3 puzzle. The game moves into the storyline where she says she recognizes the knife, it goes to load the next set, and it freezes on the loading screen. No one has heard of a fix yet?

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Locked extras and Credits screen

[Post New]by Bron186 on Jul 17, 10 10:58 PM
I've been able to play the game right through (Mac OSX 10.4.11), but can't get at the Extras. I figured I had to complete the game, but now when I launch it won't go past the credits. I've let them play right through to what is presumably the end (black screen) but it never progresses past that.

[Post New]by Anastasia20 on Nov 30, 10 8:12 PM
Is anyone still working on the freezing fix?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 31, 11 1:30 PM
Hi Fishies!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we now have a new build for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box (PC) available! The new version of this game fixes the following:

-the main menu now explains how to unlock the "extras" area
-a couple of darker hidden object scenes have been lightened a bit
-as a result, items in hidden object scenes are now easier to see and find
-color corrections
-the game now launches correctly in multiple screen resolutions

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Go to: