bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:Post any Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 19, 10 3:21 PM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are currently looking into the issue with the professor's office and will definitely keep you updated!

If you are experiencing display issues such as Game Crashing, Freezing or Blank Screen you may want to try the updates in the article above. The good news is that almost all of these updates are free!

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Post any Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin technical issues here only

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 19, 10 5:44 PM
eventfull wrote:In chapter 12, after scaring away the cat, I collected the emblem (saw it but didn't see it float to inventory) and now it is not on the floor or in the inventory. Therefore, I can't move the game forward by putting the emblem on the door. Please provide me info on how to correct this problem.

Just a thought...the game is a little quirky about when things move into the inventory tray. Have you had a chance to check the Blog Walkthrough and make made sure you've followed all the other necessary steps? In particular, you need to have shone a light on the door before you can put the Emblem there.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of the page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

It may just be a glitch, but it's worth checking to see if it's a sequence issue.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 6:15:51 PM PST

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on May 19, 10 6:22 PM
I play the game on a another site and it was fine but I only get my games from Big Fish and now I keep getting error something I never had any problems before with any of the games and I have lots

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on May 19, 10 6:57 PM
eventfull wrote:In chapter 12, after scaring away the cat, I collected the emblem (saw it but didn't see it float to inventory) and now it is not on the floor or in the inventory. Therefore, I can't move the game forward by putting the emblem on the door. Please provide me info on how to correct this problem.

I have the same problem. Already shone the light on the door so it's not a sequence problem...must be a glitch. Anyone know how to correct it so I can move forward?

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on May 19, 10 7:25 PM
Same problem as a lot of others... clock hand not only freeze the game (and keeps on "clanging" incessantly), but I can't even get the Manager to kill the game (it says "not responding", but I can't select the "end task" function! So I have to do a hard PC kill and reboot! Re-installing doesn't help and I've done this about 3 times, so I give up until BF can provide a new download...

[Post New]by Pokeyteacher55 on May 19, 10 8:53 PM
When I put out the fire to get the piece for the trunk puzzle, the piece did not save, I've started this game over 3 times, lots of errors and problems, HELP, Patti

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on May 19, 10 9:16 PM
Just want to put my two penneth in. I've tried twice now to play the demo, I was really enjoying it as it felt a little different and both times I have been frozen out with the clock hands, I had already looked at clock so that made no difference. Even so, we shouldn't have to play around an obvious glitch, there's quite a few people here who have been stumped at same point which doesn't seem to indicate running problems etc..., phooey I wanted to buy it

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 20, 10 2:39 AM
OK, after trying several times and using every suggestion in here to get past the hands on the clock in the Professor's office, I broke down and emailed the tech people. I got a very fast reply. Here's what they told me to do about the problem with the hands on the clock if nothing suggested in here worked.

1. Uninstall/reinstall the game

2. Try the game as a new player

IT WORKED!! Good luck to the rest of you who are stuck there.

[Post New]by eventfull on May 20, 10 6:55 AM
Robin, thanks for the suggestion but I had already done that and it tells me to put some sort of medallion on the door. I didn't have the clock hands problem others are reporting so I'm not hung up there (which might explain why others aren't encountering this problem yet). Any other suggestions? I hate having to start a game over because I had to reinstall the game; it defeats the purpose of purchasing the game to begin with. Any direction from Big Fish is greatly appreciated.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 20, 10 7:18 AM
carolina67 wrote:OK, after trying several times and using every suggestion in here to get past the hands on the clock in the Professor's office, I broke down and emailed the tech people. I got a very fast reply. Here's what they told me to do about the problem with the hands on the clock if nothing suggested in here worked.

1. Uninstall/reinstall the game

2. Try the game as a new player

IT WORKED!! Good luck to the rest of you who are stuck there.

Did that, still glitched. Have now played the beginning of this game
FOUR times!! If I start over for the FIFTH time, I will not have
enought demo time left to get to this point. Cannot justify spending
money for a game with a known unrepaired glitch. Since a
number of players have had no problems with demo on developer's site,
why has the developer released a glitched version to Big Fish?

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on May 20, 10 9:04 AM
Gieyo wrote:
barregar wrote:I don't know if anyone else has this problem or whether the developers are aware of this problem:
On the bottom right hand side where there are the Map, Hint, and Menu,
clicking on the Map does not bring it up at all. Clicking on the Menu and Hint works ok.
Is it a glitch or does it not work only on my pc?

Hi Barregar: As far as I saw, the map only activates (it glows) when you must go to another location in order to get something needed for your current location; if not the map remains inactive.

I have a different yet soemhow similar problem, maybe someone can help me out or tell me if they have had it too: I am in the well (same area as in main menu screen) and Am trying to locate last 2 items on my list (hammer and forgot the other sorry ). The thing is I tried to use a hint, the hint button is charged but it just won't let me use any hints here (it would seem the button froze). I only used one hint in a different area and it worked fine. Is this supposed to happen (that the hint button can't be used here)?
Thanks

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on May 20, 10 9:05 AM
Have the same problem as Gieyo. Hint button stuck, cannot find the hammer.

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on May 20, 10 1:08 PM
sct1968 wrote:sylvia99 wrote:
I tried to play the demo, but in the scene at the professors office the game freezes when I try to pick up the clock hands. I seldom have problems in a game. Has anyone the same trouble ?

That's a glitch that some players have reported. We mention it in the Blog Walkthrough. When you leave the Crime Scene for the first time, you will have a choice of two locations--the Professor's Office and the Victim's Home. To avoid the glitch, you have to go to the Professor's Office first. If you do that, everything should work fine, including collecting the Clock Hands.

If you go to the Victim's Home first, you run the risk of hitting the glitch. If you hit it, unfortunately I think the only thing I know that works is to start over with a new profile.

I'm so sorry you've run into that--I know it's very frustrating. I would definitely report it to Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right. They may know a better fix.

Robin

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on May 20, 10 1:10 PM
I have same problem and will try your fix. I've already tried all the Big Fish standard fixes without any luck. I also tried this game on another site and had the same problem and was thrilled to find it offered here, but very disappointed it doesn't run.

[Post New]by BethThomlinson on May 20, 10 2:19 PM
I also have the crash when picking up the clock hands. It's disappointing to hear people have played without problems on other sites. BFG is usually better than this. The graphics on this game a very good, so I hope I can play more.

Since some people have had the problem going to Professor's House first, I didn't bother to start a new profile. Anyway, I wasted too much time trying to make this one work.

I wrote to BFG today asking if there are other workarounds, and if they will reset our demo counter back to an hour if we need to run a fix.

[Post New]by BethThomlinson on May 20, 10 2:58 PM
I just heard back from BFG support. Here is what they said:

"Currently we're working on a new version of this game and when its released, please try reinstalling the game and playing through the Demo again. If you run out of time then we'll be unable to reset the Demo so I'd recommend that you wait until the update is released to try it further."

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by ojrufee on May 20, 10 4:31 PM
I hate this stupid game.

It doesn't save

My hints freeze too

Now I'm stuck after taking pictures of the ritual site at the end of Chapter 13. I tried to skip drawing the rune and now it's frozen.

If I exit I will have to start all over again! (for the 3rd time)

Will they announce when they've fixed the glitches???

Nevermind.

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 2:31:59 PM PST

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 20, 10 4:44 PM
I have a problem I haven't seen in the posts yet. I played 30 minutes of the demo last night. I'm in some type of garage/supply area where you have the "suspicious paper" and are supposed to do the first tracing minigame.

You must pour the chemical onto the paper - and I remember picking up the pink chemical - but now it's no longer in my inventory.

I can't move any where using the map, because this scene is not finished, and I don't have the chemical to use on the suspicious paper.

So, essentially, I'm stuck. Considering the next glitch I have to face with the clock hands in the professor's office, I just don't know if I want to bother trying to reinstall this game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 20, 10 5:18 PM
AnnieO_2424mad wrote:I have a problem I haven't seen in the posts yet. I played 30 minutes of the demo last night. I'm in some type of garage/supply area where you have the "suspicious paper" and are supposed to do the first tracing minigame.

You must pour the chemical onto the paper - and I remember picking up the pink chemical - but now it's no longer in my inventory.

I can't move any where using the map, because this scene is not finished, and I don't have the chemical to use on the suspicious paper.

So, essentially, I'm stuck. Considering the next glitch I have to face with the clock hands in the professor's office, I just don't know if I want to bother trying to reinstall this game.

Remember that in this games items don't actually go into your inventory when you first pick them up. Instead, the game just holds on to them for awhile (you can't see them).

Then after you've picked up EVERYTHING on the Find List, including any Hidden Items (those written in red), you'll get a pop-up that's tells you you've "found something useful"--and then the game will "activate" the Quest Object and put it in your inventory tray.

So check your Find List. If there are any items still left to find, you won't see anything in your inventory tray yet. Go ahead and find the other items, and then the Chemical will move into the tray.

For more on this specific issue, see the topic in the forum called "Chapter 2 (Chemical)."

Good luck!
Robin

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 21, 10 6:31 AM
BethThomlinson wrote:I just heard back from BFG support. Here is what they said:

"Currently we're working on a new version of this game and when its released, please try reinstalling the game and playing through the Demo again. If you run out of time then we'll be unable to reset the Demo so I'd recommend that you wait until the update is released to try it further."

Thanks for the info, I will wait for the update.

Go to: