Re:Talk to the developers here

[Post New]by PassionFruitErik on May 19, 10 2:11 PM
genkicoll wrote:PFruit Developers, have you seen this thread?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/96634.page

It has some very good suggestions and requests!

Thanks for pointing it out genkicoll. Good advice from the users. I see two things we violated from that thread that we will work on for next time

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 2:14:06 PM PST

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on May 19, 10 2:21 PM
Koodos.Keep this kind of game coming.Realy enjoyed it.Loved the puzzles.

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 19, 10 2:29 PM
PassionFruitErik wrote:
genkicoll wrote:PFruit Developers, have you seen this thread?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/96634.page

It has some very good suggestions and requests!

Thanks for pointing it out genkicoll. Good advice from the users. I see two things we violated from that thread that we will work on for next time

Ha, yes, "violations"! That is a great thread; I had not seen it.

[Post New]by PassionFruitSeed on May 19, 10 2:46 PM
Thanks for all your great feedback everybody! Especially the ones regarding the too-hard-to-find objects. We'll definitely work on that for the next game. We're also checking out all other TE-related forums on Big Fish but would love hear from y'all on this Developer forum here.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 19, 10 3:12 PM
I love it...not a junk pile HOG; unique in it's story line (okay, a little sappy, but unique) LOTS OF PUZZLES!!!!! Big plus for me...and the puzzles vary...not the same thing throughout the game.

The graphics are very good and the artwork creative. All in all, I give it 4 out of 5 stars. It's easy to play, graphics and story line are good, puzzles are varied but not too hard, it's not short, however, replayability is questionable, as when I played a second time, the puzzle solutions were the same. A few of the key items were in different places, but for the most part, few differences.

In part 2, I'd like to see more continuity between storyline and object scenes and maybe a little more variety in objects, i.e., instead of finding 16 of one and 4 of another and then 10 car parts, maybe something like 10 car parts 6 of something, six of something and four of something and then all the puzzles, especially if the objects continue to be so well hidden. I guess I'm asking for either emphasis on the objects, the puzzles, or a more even mix of both.

BUT, I really want to say that, without a doubt, this is a GREAT game!!! Thank you so much for all your hard work---I'm looking forward to more great things from PassionFruit---I give it 4 out of 5 stars!!!

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 3:13:15 PM PST

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on May 19, 10 3:33 PM
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us. I have not bought the game {yet} although I was enjoying it..until...the cursor started doing it's own thing. Only during the match game did I notice it, but as you have to take and drag the cursor it became a pain in the buttocks. Nothing worse than a floating cursor. Would love the option to turn that off in the next game.

Also, as stated, would be nice to have the option to skip puzzles that make you use words that startle your husband from the other room.

I did find that I had to use the hint button more than I like. I may buy this game if my husband will put his ear plugs in. Thinking on it.

Thanks

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on May 19, 10 3:56 PM
I have but one small request for the next game: If I am stuck on a puzzle and I am forced to skip it because I just cant figure it out I would like for it to at least show me the finished puzzled so I can see what I was missing/where I went wrong. Like some of the concentric circle puzzles (especially the skeleton one) I just couldnt make out the picture and I would have liked to have seen the solution. Other than that, Great Game!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 19, 10 4:51 PM
I am having a lot of fun with your game. I got so involved, I forgot to turn the oven on so dinner was late. I normally stay away from the "romantic themes", but this wasn't one of the sappy ones. Loved the mix of puzzles. I see replay value because I know I won't get the 50 hints the first time around, so am looking forward to trying it again and solving those puzzles I just didn't get first time around. Keep up the good work and get us another one soon.

[Post New]by bigmama3636 on May 19, 10 5:48 PM
Got only 1 question. How do you open the extra's?

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on May 19, 10 8:06 PM
Congratulations on a wonderful game! One of the most engaging that I have played in a long time. I actually played it twice.

I agree, some of the objects could be a tad bigger - I play on a laptop, and the resolution's not all that. But I loved the many, varied minigames - especially the word puzzles! So wonderful to see different elements, not just the 47th iteration of Towers of Hanoi.

Can hardly wait for Part II, and I have ordered the book (need to know what happens next!).

Again, wonderful game - keep up the good work!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 19, 10 8:18 PM
Fantastic game! Two levels completed and I was completely hooked.

I only had to use one hint in the first two levels & loved the puzzles. Very different & very in tune with the game.

I can't wait for the next one to come out. If you have this kind of quality in the next game, I'll buy on developer name alone.

Keep up the good work & give us more games like this!!!

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 19, 10 10:19 PM
bigmama3636 wrote:Got only 1 question. How do you open the extra's?

Hey bigmama - to unlock the extras you need to obtain 50 psi points (hints) in the game.

(Thanks again for everyone's feedback... we've been having fun listing out and prioritizing all the changes we want for Part II!)

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on May 20, 10 2:30 AM
Really enjoying the puzzles and like others mentioned a lot of the hidden objects are small and hard to find. Impressed that it's your companys first game, great work.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 20, 10 4:33 AM
I agree with textrekkie that replay value would be improved if the puzzles had random solutions. I played the game twice but it would have been more enjoyable if something had changed. I liked the Connect the Neurons puzzles and would liked to have seen different ones on the replay. Many of the word puzzles could have different solutions and the pipes puzzle too. It would be nice if some of the hidden objects would vary on subsequent play, not the key items but some of the others.

The variety of the puzzles was great and random puzzles would be even better.

Thanks for a great game.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on May 20, 10 8:02 AM
I liked the game, too. Well, exept the "black on black" objects that were impossible to find.
Another thing were the cut scenes. As far as I could see, you can either watch them in full or skip them alltogether. What I would prefer is an option to "click through" to make them run faster. In this game the story is important, so I didn't want to skip the whole dialog, but I'm a fast reader and sometimes the were really slow.
Apart from that, I'm waiting for part 2!

[Post New]by PassionFruitSeed on May 20, 10 10:37 AM
FunIt wrote:Another thing were the cut scenes. As far as I could see, you can either watch them in full or skip them alltogether. What I would prefer is an option to "click through" to make them run faster. In this game the story is important, so I didn't want to skip the whole dialog, but I'm a fast reader and sometimes the were really slow.
Apart from that, I'm waiting for part 2!

That's a good idea. We'll see if we can make the 'fast-forward' option happen. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited on 05/20/2010 at 10:39:06 AM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 20, 10 12:06 PM
I agree with Funit's suggestion. That would be a very good improvement.

Edited on 05/20/2010 at 3:07:41 PM PST

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on May 20, 10 1:42 PM
BTW, passionfruit, I LOVED the dragon puzzle and the skeleton circle. Really had to think to figure out how they went together. Hope you have more of the same planned for Part 2!

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on May 20, 10 7:14 PM
I demo'd this, it was ok, and I did play the full hour, but it's nothing special.

The graphics - if you are going to spend such a long time doing cut scenes and dialogue, you really need to up your game on the graphics front. What may pass ok for brief viewings begins to look increasingly amateur the more the player is exposed to it. Watching the characters move was almost making me feel embarassed on your behalf, it was like paper characters moving across a stage. I think if the art style was intentional in a sketched way - you still need a better artist. The character art wasn't consistent, with the shapeshifter's face changing shape and size quite regularly within the first few scenes he was in. The art which was just ok for the scenes and background needs a lot of improvements for the main cut scenes. What we got in this game was almost 'concept art' that had never been developed.

On the topic of cutscenes, the voice acting was mediocre - not to the point that wasn't listenable, but certainly - the novelty wore off quick and I'd rather just whizz through without skipping the entire scene.

The puzzles were too easy, none were challenging or really innovative. While well placed, and at least plot related - nothing stood out.

The hidden objects were at times too small, and badly hidden - badly in that it was exceptionally hard to decide if that was an object or just some random squiggle in your artwork. I think if you want to hide objects like you did in this game, you really need better, clearer artwork, with the artwork in this game, coupled by indistinct objects - it's just a mess. The metal objects in the first scene - I'm not sure what metal looks like to your artist, but to most it has a shine on it, what the metal objects in that scene reminded me of was foam swords - I also found some of the objects slightly questionable in resembling what they were meant to be.

Now, the majority of the above is negative, and I won't be buying this game. The artwork is what tends to put me off the most, the artwork in the 90s was better than this, and it was mostly pixels. Artwork matters a lot, and if your artist isn't great, get a new one. While this game may have better art than some, it's nowhere near the quality of the top games in this genre. And I think for any game developer, that's what you aim for. Even with an intentional cartoon/sketch look - there are other games already there with this, and done so they look professional.

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on May 20, 10 7:25 PM
Of course, it's not all bad, you have produced a playable game. Granted, I won't be paying any money to play it - but I am picky, what you have produced is marketable as a playable, easy game with little replay value. It has the bonus of being released at a time when few other HOGs have been, thus is liable to have boosted sales because of that. Had this game appeared alongside a game of better quality, I think you would find your reviews more negative, and fewer sales.

For instance, had this game been released at the same time as Deadtime Stories, or Dire Grove, or Love Chronicles: The Spell (to name just a few) - it would have been passed over quickly for those titles. And those titles aren't perfect, but they look professional. The artwork is superb, the gameplay - while not perfect, is consistently good. The puzzles challenging. All of which this title failed on.

This game also went for the niche market of romance gaming. Which isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I think one of the niche's that is least liked among gamers. It's also not unique, there has been quite a few recent romance HOGs, all of which were better produced.

However, I will stop here, my comments are reasonably harsh - but truthful (as per my opinion, and experience with other games) - and they aren't something I would post as a review, but I like playing games and where possible I feel it's better to be honest with a developer in the hope they will produce a game worth spending money on, than telling you lies and watching another dud pop up in 6 months to a year's time on big fish. I think from what you have produced, your game company has potential, but unless your next game is seriously superior to this one, it's going to be a long time before you will be taking on the ''big fishies''.

Go to: