bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 23, 17 3:57 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to check in with the players affected by this game's different errors. It sounds like, even when it's lined up with the cracks, the blowtorch still isn't functioning properly. I also understand that there is trouble getting other items to align.

For those who haven't already tried basic progression block troubleshooting, please take a look at the following help pages. Checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date and running this game with administrator permissions should improve how the game interacts with the computer.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)
Run Game as Administrator

If those suggestions don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team.

I want to assure you all that I've passed along these reports to the teams behind the game. If an update or new information is released, the Moderation Team will announce it here. Please PM me or a fellow moderator if any new questions arise, and I wish you all the best of luck.

bfgBeruna

mcqueenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mcqueenn on Dec 23, 17 9:28 PM
Why is it that all the games from this developer have a white band at the top of the screen, and thus part of the screen is cut off at the bottom? It is only Daily Magic games that are affected this way. What can I do to correct it? Also, the gear won't go on the gear shaped space on the third or fourth scene.

[Post New]by Granny_Gruff on Dec 23, 17 9:53 PM
I haven't seen this issue yet, although I do have several of the other problems - I "lost the three elemental statues after I collected them! There is a black space on my inventory but the icon is gone and with it my ability to use the statues. The first and second statues were there, but adding the third makes them all disappear. The hint thinks they are still there and points to their space as the next thing I should do. Only I can't do it. I tried clicking on the space but that's not working. Thoughts?

ackpfft
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ackpfft on Dec 24, 17 10:02 AM
I haven't seen anyone else posting this problem, so it's probably just me. On the "Paint the picture according to the diagram" puzzle, the small space on the furthest left hand side will not press. I have restarted the puzzle several times and even used the guide to go step by step, but still no luck. I hate skipping puzzles because I like that achievement, but I had to switch to "casual" to skip. Anyone else have this issue?

jlroeder
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jlroeder on Dec 24, 17 2:04 PM
First, I couldn't get a few items to line up on the drawing game (reindeer, star and gingerbread house) I fixed this by changing my resolutions (twice!) Now after I went through all that I didn't get the chain that I need for the other game and it won't let me back to the drawing to get the chain! So now, I probably have to start the game over again under a new name just to get the darn chain. I'm half a mind not to and just forget about it as I read of lots of other cliches in the game. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by Cecelia2 on Dec 24, 17 3:59 PM
I had the same problem with the paint puzzle. I too could not get that little patch to work and had to switch to casual mode as well. I was a little unhappy that when I hit skip the little block turned purple. So much for my perfect score.

Charango
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Charango on Dec 24, 17 4:37 PM
I too am having the same problem with the blow torch. I am not seeing any thing with playing any match 3 as an alternative. I am using MAC.with latest download OS. This is happening too much. Plus I am finding that I am repurchasing the same game that I may have bought as a collector editions and not realizing. I think there should be a system that informs you that you have purchased the PC version and/or the collectors or standard version already. I buy a lot of games, but I am getting weary of so many of them not working. Is there some version of making sure the games are working before we purchase them? Some quality control and pride in work Too much time is wasted having to go through help, FAC, and forums. I am wondering if others are experiencing this problem too:
1. games freezing and crashing
2. repurchasing games you already bought using a PC, or a collectors edition and the standard version, not realizing that one was purchased.
3. A better method of letting you know if you have already purchased it in PC for or in Collector's edition.
Hopefullly, I am not the only one who has these issues.
Thanks

[Post New]by JstJenn on Dec 24, 17 9:43 PM
I have finished the picture scramble puzzle with Tempest throwing the wall up between her parents. It won’t open the door to get the rabbit out as the guide says it should. Additionally after solving this puzzle the last time my game reset and I lost the profile. There is no skip function. Any ideas?

[Post New]by Lmooberry on Dec 25, 17 7:56 PM
I have the same problem with the blowtorch as with other players. I have tried multiple times as well as made sure my video card drivers are updated and I am running the game as administrator. My system is a PC running Windows 10. I also checked for compatibility, but changing that just made the game completely crash.

Thank you.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Dec 25, 17 8:20 PM
I am playing this game, I have no issues with this game.

What you have to do is place the torch over the key part on the left side, then slide it over to the right and it will work, first time I play had a bit of trouble and then the second time play this whole game, I had no problem with the broken fire key

for it to work you have to place the fire torch over the part of the key that is on the left side then slide it over to the right, if you do this the key will come together

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 26, 17 3:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like problems with the blow torch are still occurring. Please see MaryCricket's post for a potential solution. If those steps don't make the blowtorch usable, and if updating the computer's video card driver and running the game in Administrator Mode don't work, then please contact our Technical Support Team. Be sure to tell them where in the game the blowtorch occurs. I've passed along information about this issue to the teams behind the game, and knowing where to look for the blowtorch will be helpful.

Thank you so much for your patience, and please PM me or another moderator with any more questions. We'll be glad to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Charon46 on Dec 26, 17 5:37 PM
I also am stuck and can't go forward because the 4th firefly won't go into the jar. I see that others have experienced this same problem. Is there a solution?

This game seems to have multiple problems and shouldn't have been offered.

Many games work just fine, so I don't want to start messing with my computer and take a chance on totally screwing it up to try and make a faulty game work.

The Devs should fix this game and put out an updated version.

[Post New]by dpasta11 on Dec 27, 17 7:45 AM
I'm having a problem with the HOP when you're in the house in the village. You are supposed to use the sliders to align the objects. The sliders won't move far enough to the right and down to get the reindeer, the gingerbread house and one other I can't remember. I was looking around for a way to flip or move the sliders but haven't found anything yet. I'm going to try to reinstall the game to see if that works.

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by doorgirl on Dec 27, 17 2:07 PM
Dearest Daily Magic: I love the content of your games, but you are the only dev who still can't figure out how to fit the window to get rid of the white bar at the top of the game. I didn't buy your games again until recently for this reason! Everyone else can manage this: currently have 3 other games going without tech issues. Had my fingers crossed you'd figured this out. But, NO, It played ok until I quit and now when I opened it up to start again the bottom part of the screen is unavailable. Which is where the MENU is so one can't even quit properly!!

I don't have to jump hoops for any other dev's games to play -- it's you, it's not me. You've lost me as a customer. Sad, because you have creative content!!! I'll be buying games, just not from Daily Magic!!

MacOS 10.13.2

[Post New]by baglady159 on Dec 27, 17 7:09 PM
dpasta11, I'm having the same issues. I can't line up the house, reindeer or the star. This happened on this CE and today I played the demo of the SE and have the same problem. Not able to go any farther in the game so I guess I'm moving on. Will uninstall both games.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 28, 17 12:39 AM
doorgirl wrote:Dearest Daily Magic: I love the content of your games, but you are the only dev who still can't figure out how to fit the window to get rid of the white bar at the top of the game. I didn't buy your games again until recently for this reason! Everyone else can manage this: currently have 3 other games going without tech issues. Had my fingers crossed you'd figured this out. But, NO, It played ok until I quit and now when I opened it up to start again the bottom part of the screen is unavailable. Which is where the MENU is so one can't even quit properly!!

I don't have to jump hoops for any other dev's games to play -- it's you, it's not me. You've lost me as a customer. Sad, because you have creative content!!! I'll be buying games, just not from Daily Magic!!

MacOS 10.13.2

I fully agree with you. I have same issues with these devs' games on my Macs. Always keep all up to date. Only devs whose games open in a square, off the screen with zero access to any controls, and can only see a third of what should be on the screen. Changing screen res doesn't help either. I tried the command+F and it made no difference. I will no longer even d/l their games as its pointless. Until they fix the issue on what are (according to others) excellent games I can't buy their offerings. Why make Mac games that don't work on a Mac? Don't have the screen problem on any other BFGs.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 29, 17 5:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to offer you a sincere apology for the progression block occurring within this game and thank you at the same time for your patience. We've passed along the information about the blowtorch and are aware of the matter. As soon as we receive new information, we'll absolutely let you know.

Until then, I recommend trying the suggestions in the help article below (if they haven't been tried already).

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If you'd prefer to replace the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll handle the rest as soon as possible. As always, please PM me or another moderator if new questions or concerns arise. We're here to listen and to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by jan698 on Dec 30, 17 8:07 AM
I can't get the 4th firefly into the jar either please can someone help with this

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 30, 17 10:31 AM
ackpfft wrote:I haven't seen anyone else posting this problem, so it's probably just me. On the "Paint the picture according to the diagram" puzzle, the small space on the furthest left hand side will not press. I have restarted the puzzle several times and even used the guide to go step by step, but still no luck. I hate skipping puzzles because I like that achievement, but I had to switch to "casual" to skip. Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same problem. It's very upsetting. Like you, I do my best not to skip any puzzles, but if I want to continue with the game, I guess I'll have to.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 30, 17 10:33 AM
What's up with the paint puzzle? the small piece on the upper right hand side by the hand will NOT work. This is very much a drag. I spent quite a while on this only to find out I wasted my time. I noticed on here that I am not the only one with this problem.

Go to: