bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 22, 10 1:23 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are stuck in an area and need a hint, you can access the strategy guide from the Extras Menu. If you have followed the steps in the walkthrough and are still unable to move forward, it may be a technical issue that our Customer Support may be able to help you with. Just click the green envelope to the right.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by 9552516451 on May 22, 10 2:11 PM
Y'all are lucky...I can't even get out of the hallway after searching the apartment! It let's me go back into the apartment and all the rooms associated with it, but once I come out of the apartment, it won't let me leave the hallway! Good thing I'm just trying it. With all the problems everyone else seems to be having, I certainly won't be bu ying this one . BF needs to be sure all the bugs are out before offering it for sale. Don't worry BF, you still have plenty more games I can choose from!

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on May 23, 10 1:16 AM
Okay, let's see if this helps anybody else.

I was stuck at the chemistry game, so I went around it and played everything else I could play at the cabin.

It worked.

When I went back, the chemistry game played, so you must have to do something else before chemistry will play right. Also, you were supposed to get a blue marble from the tesla coil. It is there, but I don't think you can pick it up until chemistry works. Be sure to get it. You'll need it later.

Good luck!

Oh, and be sure to exit to save your progress before you go back to chemistry...just in case.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 1:17:36 AM PST

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on May 23, 10 10:17 PM
As posted down below, I seem to have come across a glitch at the photo scanner for the webcam. My pictures are not showing up to the left, they aren't by the music box where I first found them, and I can't progress beyond this. Does anyone have any ideas?

[Post New]by ansert on May 24, 10 2:35 AM
A hint if you're suck at the laser room, spray again at the last door and you can then get through.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 24, 10 4:10 AM
Just as for Love Chronicles Collector's edition: I download the game and all I get is a blank screen, only way to get rid of it CTRL, ALT,etc, but it also blocks all my other BFG. Just as for Love Chro I have to restart my computer. I had to wait for the non Collector's edition of Love Chronicles to be able to play it, I guess it's going to be the same with this one. Hope it's a great game, I expected too much of Love Chron. and waited so long to get it that I couldn't help feeling disappointed when I finished it.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 26, 10 2:01 PM
Nothing more I love than staring at a Black Screen of Death for 5 min waiting on a POS game to stop sucking 98% of my pc's physical memory so that my pc can actually WORK & Task Mgr can come up to get rid of it. Didn't even get the 3rd pg in Game Mgr that tells you how much time is left etc when you exit. Didn't care. Uninstalled posthaste. My stuff is perfectly updated & I'm not getting a paycheck to be a techie troubleshooter here. I got as far as Tom's apt (which means I played nothing) & as soon as I entered the LR blipped past in a nanosecond, it hurled me into the BR, & froze & crashed everything. Had issues when I beta'd & it looks like we fill out the surveys for nothing if they can't be bothered to read & fix things.

[Post New]by gamejunkie2 on May 26, 10 4:22 PM
I am stuck on trunk in basement. It won't let me place the missing piece and it won't let me skip it. Every thing on my computer is updated. The game let me do it on the demo, but after I purchachased it and started from the begining it won't let me do anything with this mini game so I am effectively stuck at this point. Help please.

[Post New]by skatejackson on May 27, 10 11:44 AM
can anyone please tell me that the settings for display/color should be? i've purchased the game and am unable tp play it on my computer. also, what kind of video card should i have? the error messages i recieve state mine may not be compatible with the game, but its a fairly new computer. thanks

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by twin_mom on May 27, 10 6:56 PM
I get into Tom's bedroom and just start finding the objects on the list and the screen goes black. Cntl/alt/del results in showing a screen with "Game Paused" on it and a dimmed out background and then proceeds to take me to the window to finish terminating the game.

4oaks
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

I can't get into the chemistry part of this game either.

[Post New]by 4oaks on May 28, 10 8:49 PM
It just keeps freezing up on me. Music still plays, picture there, but won't let me forward into the game.
I also have a brand new computer--and I will not be satisfied to hear the check out the video card, reinstall, ya da, ya da yada.......
Just wondering--is everybody who is having a problem have windows 7?????

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 29, 10 7:36 AM
what kind of video card should i have? the error messages i recieve state mine may not be compatible with the game, but its a fairly new computer.

If you rt click on your desktop the little box that comes up should show the name of the manufacturer of your display stuff; mine is NVIDIA. There may be an update button if you open it, or you can just go to the manufacturer's site & check for display driver updates. I do have the latest NVIDIA update released Apr 13th, & I still had a problem w/ the game. It's more display than video card that's apt to cause a game issue, & if you have a fairly new pc, I wouldn't worry about that. Also, there was a new version of Flash released by Adobe a few mos ago; it's # is 10, so if you still have 9 & haven't updated, that could be a game issue, too. Alas, mine is 10 so all my specs are good. You may also need to go to Adobe & download Shockwave if you don't already have it. I got that, too, so it's def the game & not my pc. I just ran Dr Felix last wk for a game that kept running in the background instead of loading, & CS said my pc was fine. That was irritating b/c it slowed everything down until I could get it to uninstall (refused to b/c it insisted it was running GRRRR). BFG has had several glitchy games in the last cpl mos & it's getting irksome. They're all script or code errors, but Picman said once that unless a significant amt of ppl experience the same issue, the devs won't bother to fix it for a sm minority.

Just wondering--is everybody who is having a problem have windows 7?????

No, I have Vista & it's still unplayable.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 29, 10 11:07 AM
jennyoliver1 wrote:Played for about 2 1/2 or 3 hours. Exited. When I went to play the game again it had completely wiped out my profile and made me start fom the beginning. NOT happy!!!

ouch I'd be livid as well

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on May 29, 10 6:48 PM
Can't play--when I click to play, the screen goes black, then I get the desktop back and the "Thank you for playing" on the game manager. This is the forth game in recent months that does that for me. All my drivers are up-2-date, java etc all have most recent version.

RachelleL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by RachelleL on May 31, 10 3:18 PM
No, it does not help with Laser Room. Game did not allow me to go on also.

[Post New]by kcurry415 on Jun 1, 10 7:40 PM
I finished the main game, watched the last movie, and watched the credits roll. Alt-tabbed out and did some business and came back, credits still rolling. Alt-tabbed out and tried to close the program by right-clicking the tab, no response. Closed the program with task manager. Reopened BigFish Game Manager, opened LMCE, tried to play the "Extras" and was told I couldn't access Extras until I had finished the main game. Restarted LMCE, which started up at the last scene - movie, , i.e., "I've got to get out of here" and device destruction, through to the graveyard scene, clicked the "last" card, saw the movie through to the end, watched the credits roll clear through to the finish, then watched them start over again. Rinsed and repeated. Still can't access Extras. Looks like I bought the collectors edition but can't use the extras I paid an additional $10.00 for. Or, how many times do I have to watch the credits roll until I've "completed the case?" If I'm doing something wrong, please enlighten me.

Best regards, K

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Jun 2, 10 5:56 PM
Won't buy this - a few technical issues. Hints button doesn't work in backyard, etc. Certainly won't buy for $20.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 5, 10 2:46 AM
Now that it's not anymore a CE it was able to play it. Same thing happened with Love Chronicles, Magic Village. What's wrong with some CE ? Sweeney Tood, Puppet Show, etc, worked fine and I bought them straight away. Still, considering the problems other people have further in the game, I guess that it will not be a buy for me. Too bad as I quite liked the game.

[Post New]by coopertootsie on Jun 6, 10 9:38 AM
RachelleL wrote:No, it does not help with Laser Room. Game did not allow me to go on also.

I have gotten past laser room 1. I sprayed to see the laser grid in laser room 2 but I can't go any farther there is no arrow pointing to go ahead.

Did I miss something? If I did, I can't seem to go back any farther than the ventalation ducts...

I only have the video & spray in my briefcase...should I have something more? What am I missing here??

[Post New]by ragzmom on Jun 6, 10 4:03 PM
I can't find the extras menu that has been mentioned. The faceted key won't go into the slot (I have the code) and it won't allow me to skip the puzzle so I am stuck.

Go to: