Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 21, 10 6:51 AM
I agree with OLDBAY that this is the best game since Deadtime's release. Not long into the demo, I knew I was hooked and it'd be a purchase. It is that good and entertaining... for me at least.

And honest to gosh, I about wet myself when the pirate in woman's garb winked at me. LMAO!!!

This is such a from me.

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 6:53:00 AM PST

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 21, 10 7:17 AM
I just ended the demo with 23 minutes left so I could buy!!!!! As others before have posted... it's a GREAT game. Very, very witty and challanging (in a fun way) The hidden object scenes are very crafty Very similar to deadtime stories and the mini-games/puzzles are different I am going to start "fresh" after buying without using the tutorial. I will probably still need hints and thankfully they recharge quickly I'm in love with that little monkey

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on May 21, 10 7:27 AM
Love it, wifey and I loved the first one and I'll buy this one WO even trying. Got to cool it. BF starves us , and then comes out bang bang bang with good'uns. I've been winding up getting 12 punches/ month for a few months . I wish I could enjoy re-play like some say they do, but I just put the finished ones in my BF file and move on. 240 more or less. It's to bad a person can't "gift" a purchased game to someone else, but I guess that wouldn't be financially viable for BF. Any way happy gaming all my good friend fishies. Once more into the breach, LOL .

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on May 21, 10 7:32 AM
Two great games in two days! BF you are going to break me lol. Very nice game. Enjoyed it so much I started over as soon as I was done. Even better the 2nd time around. Thanks again. Love it.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 21, 10 7:56 AM
Smallhaven wrote:...
And honest to gosh, I about wet myself when the pirate in woman's garb winked at me. LMAO!!!

This is such a from me.

Lol Small! I saw him wink and kept my eye on him. Lots of faces and eye movements. Watch his eyes and he will try to show you where to find something. Really cracked me up! Hated to finish that scene.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 21, 10 7:57 AM
This is a beautiful looking game BUT I find the hidden objects are so small or so hidden, I had to use hints allot more than I'd like. I won't buy this game for that reason. I would be wasting my money if I had to use hints through the entire game to find things. I hope every one else who buys it enjoys it.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on May 21, 10 8:30 AM
This game has excellent graphics, with some creative mini games, love the animations and the sound effects (especially me, laughing out loud! ) Great job developers!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on May 21, 10 8:37 AM
I had a dreadful time picking myself up off the floor after trying to play with the Captain. I haven't had such a good rollicking fun time since Mushroom Age. This game has moved to the head of the most wanted list after Dead Time and the Fifth Gate.
Good job dev's.

UPDATED ETA: Excellent job dev's....couldn't stand it, had to take another look at the Captain so I bought it....great puzzles too .

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 9:58:10 AM PST

[Post New]by smrocco2002 on May 21, 10 8:50 AM
I am playing the demo right now, it has amazing graphic.Not hard to play, have chuckled a few times when testing the potion on the monkey. Love it when you there's a little humor in a game. I think that I will buy this game without finishing the demo. Keep up the good work.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 21, 10 8:57 AM
Great game, amazing graphics. Agree - best game since Deadtime Stories. A definite buy for me.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 21, 10 9:03 AM
Do I need to say I bought it!?!?

The graphics are really great and the animation catches the eye without being overly distracting. The music is compatible with the theme. You have the options you need, timed or not timed, custom cursor or no, etc. It's laced with humor enough to make me laugh out right. Yes, some objects are hard to find, but not so teensy weensy that you can't see them at all. If you choose relaxed mode (I did!) then you have all the time you need to look at the scenes and find the things you need. I was just about to click Hint in one case, when I realized what I needed was right there in front of me LOL!

Got as far as testing the potion on the monkey and had to stop because I have things that I need to get done. The monkey's reaction cracked me up! It was hard to pull myself away and that my fishy friends is a clear indication to me that it pulled me in that quickly!

This one gets and a great big and it makes me and I love love love it! Thank you for bringing this on and so "soon" (to quote picman! LOL)

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on May 21, 10 9:47 AM
Oh my goodness,i just had to comment on this game.Whoever made this game what a sense of humor.I never laughed so hard in my live at the man dressed in the pink dress.Spent 10 min. of my free hour time looking and laughing at that.And to top it off its really a good game.So Im off to buy it.It made an older ladies day brighter.So a special thanks to THE MAKER AND BF for bringing it to us.

Diamond71

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 21, 10 10:05 AM
My only complaint with this game is that it makes a lot of okay games seem like duds by comparison!

kckvic
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by kckvic on May 21, 10 10:06 AM
finally!!!!! after waiting sooo long after deadtime for a good game, this one has everything..........great grapics, good music, different types of minigames and also some pretty funny scenes.., i agree with oldbay.......this one is a sure buy, keep them coming bf, we've had a drought for too long!!! vicki

edited to say that i've been playing most of the day and recommend to all the fishes to get this game......not your run of the mill hog.....minigames are fun and not repeated, i'm taking a break and wanted to come and see what everybody else thought of this game......have fun!! vicki

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 3:34:09 PM PST

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on May 21, 10 10:32 AM
I beta tested this game several weeks ago and LOVED it. I guess you could say I have been waiting with beta-ted breath (did I really say that?) for it to be released. The graphics are incredable, like watching a film. The humor is so refreshing, such a change from wart ridden witches and vampires who are all out to get you. I love using the monkey as a lab experiment. I bought the game straight off, knowing that I would enjoy it. I hope everyone else has a good a time playing it as I am.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 21, 10 10:39 AM
'Smallhaven wrote:...
And honest to gosh, I about wet myself when the pirate in woman's garb winked at me. LMAO!!!'

Totally agree. Love the humour/music/graphics - will be buying. I enjoyed the first one several times.

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 10:40:38 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 21, 10 10:48 AM
THANKS FISHIES

I am going to buy it!

I also, ROTFL when I got the "WINK"

Happy Gaming
PEN

FIN SHAKE to OLD BAY, SMALL & PUZZLE

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 21, 10 10:57 AM
penrose47 wrote:THANKS FISHIES

I am going to buy it!

I also, ROTFL when I got the "WINK"

Happy Gaming
PEN

FIN SHAKE to OLD BAY, SMALL & PUZZLE

Ditto for me on all the "thanks". Now hurry up BF and take my payment
which is due today so I can use it as soon as I get it. Have NEVER used
my credit on the day I get it. But have to today.

[Post New]by carolsansone on May 21, 10 11:11 AM
I can't wait until my game credits appear; I'm going to buy this right away. The accompanying music reminds me of a Tim Conway skit -- who needs words? It's so cute and funny and really makes the game seem that much better. Love it!

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on May 21, 10 12:19 PM
Not only was this a beautiful game, it had me laughing myself silly! I can't wait for the sequel!

Go to: