8dognight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates technical issues here only

[Post New]by 8dognight on May 23, 10 2:01 PM
I had an interminable first download so I deleted everything and rebooted. I no longer have the game listed anywhere in "My Games" so I went over to the website and tried to download from purchase history. I now get the NSIS message that the p731291 file is corrupted or incomplete.

What now? The help pages do not seem to have an answer.

(I think I posted this initially in the wrong section.)

barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on May 23, 10 3:24 PM
I am having this problem as well -- help, I love this game and am stuck

JillyBigFish wrote:I have a problem with the game too.

I have completed the cemetary and yet it is the only place on the map that I can go to but there is nothing there for me to click on???????

[Post New]by frippisland on May 23, 10 7:39 PM
i enjoy the game... but somewhere in the middle my screen went all dark, but only for this game. I have my monitor setting at the brightest it can go and the rest of my computer is fine but can't get the game bright enough to play it... it's way too dark to find things? I've deleted the game and re-downloaded it too? Help???

ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on May 24, 10 5:51 AM
Game install problems: has anyone figured how to fix the download-install issues?

I too have tried to download it 4 times now. Each time it stops somewhere at the end, before total install.

Not sure where it stops because I usually walk away from the computer for these big installs. Never had a problem like this before. When I go into the game manager to play the game, it's not there. No install. So, I try again. It looks like its downloading, but again stops before it finishes, right at the end.

Any help would be appreciated, since this looks like a fun one.
Thanks,
Kelly

catpang888
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by catpang888 on May 25, 10 10:30 AM
lordkalvan wrote:For those who are getting access violations, odds are you need to either reinstall or else update your video driver. If you don't know how to update the video driver, click the green envelope ----------------------------->
to contact customer support. BFG has great customer support.

I only have a very minor tech issue to report. I can't get the game to play in windowed mode, even though my resolution is larger than the message that pops up when I try to switch to windowed mode. I had to turn wide screen correction OFF to get the game to look right too. I'm using 1280x800 resolution, and my taskbar is set to autohide which usually fixes confusion about the vertical room available. This is a Win7 computer if that makes a difference.

Same here! my screen seems to be narrow and I dislike the way it looks.. So for this reason I decided not to buy this game, unless someone could help solving this issue.

fremaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by fremaw on May 25, 10 11:08 AM
JillyBigFisn and/or Garnet Did you get past the cemetary on the map. Same thing heppened to me. Would appreciate any advice or solutions. Thank you. Love the game but hate to be stuck like this lol.

tilly008
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tilly008 on May 26, 10 5:41 AM
please help i have down loaded and uninstalled and reinstalled this game 3 times.
but when i go to collect things . the item list on the side bar stays blank i have no idea what im meant too be collecting.
a total waste of money .. NOT HAPPY .. would prefer a credit for another game as i have lost all interest in what looked to be a great game ..
big fish have my ten dollars and i have a game that doesnt work .

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on May 26, 10 12:27 PM
I just purchased this game today; my trial time ran out. Now after installing the downloaded file, the program isn't working right at all.

First of all, my name has disappeared from the Profiles, and I cannot add a new one.

Secondly, when I get to the point that was last saved, Chapter 3, there are 3 map locations, but no lists or inventory and on the beach the drawers open, but the little tags that go with the cursor are blank.

I have uninstalled, re-downloaded and installed again, but still the same. I checked the requirements and they're all good.

Is there any way to fix this game?

Alice

fai_fai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by fai_fai on May 26, 10 12:34 PM
Did you try to restart the PC?

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on May 26, 10 1:48 PM
Oh fai fai, wisest of young fishes, where do you get these great ideas? Thanks!

[Post New]by bigg32 on May 26, 10 5:21 PM
This is the third time i have removed and installed this game , the picture flashes around , looks more like a disco bar than a game

[Post New]by janmarie on May 28, 10 7:33 AM
when you feed a rodent to the owl, count how many times the word hoot comes on your screen, then knock on the door that many times.

[Post New]by LGreen4688 on May 28, 10 6:23 PM
Please, Please, Please. Fix this game. It has the potential of being one of the best games, but if we're all hung up in the cemetary, never to leave, that means it has the potential of being the very worst game. Big Fish, this is not like you to leave us stranded, especially in a cemetary. I really want to move on to level 8. I've been in the cemetary so long, my brain is fried, can no longer remember the purpose of this game.

[Post New]by coroman356 on May 29, 10 3:13 AM
Like the others, am stuck in the cemetary. Come on BFG this is obviously causing many of us considerable strife.
CAN YOU FIX IT SOON?

[Post New]by Jezzybird on May 29, 10 4:57 AM
I am also stuck in the cemetery on level 7 and I can not progress to level 8. Please Big Fish find an urgent fix as this game is really great and I want to finish it. Many thanks

[Post New]by jesterwitch on May 29, 10 9:00 AM
Yep- I'm with you guys stuck in the cemetery. This is a pretty fun game- I really hope BigFish can fix this weird issue so we can keep enjoying it!

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on May 29, 10 5:28 PM
Hey can anyone help me. I have enjoyed this game but now I'm stuck near the end- How do you get the leg bone under the cave door quickly enough before the cave door falls down again?This is almost at the end of the game (chapter 11) where RC is at the beginning of the cave. I pull the silver ball down as far as I can, but by the time I grab the leg bone with my mouse the door has closed completely and and I can't wedge the first leg bone under the door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dana

[Post New]by Jezzybird on May 31, 10 2:48 AM
Jezzybird wrote:I am also stuck in the cemetery on level 7 and I can not progress to level 8. Please Big Fish find an urgent fix as this game is really great and I want to finish it. Many thanks

Here is the reply I have received from BGF with the instructions on how to resolve this problem. Hope it works for everyone. Personally, I do not mind starting this game over again as it is so brilliant!!

"If you've done everything else right and are still having trouble, an error like this can be the result of a corrupted file. If you haven't already, it can help to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can do that by following these steps:

1. Click on the "Play My Games" or "Game Manager" icon on your desktop or start menu to bring up the Game Manager
2. Find the game title in the Game Manager’s list and click on the trash can icon on the right side to uninstall the game
3. Make sure you’ve deleted all versions of the game by using your computer’s "Add / Remove Programs" "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel
4. Go to your Purchase History
5. Find the game title and click on the blue "Install Now" button
6. You may need to sign in with your email login and password -- or if you're already signed into the Game Manager, please make sure this is the same login you purchased the game under

Our help article on Uninstall / Reinstall a Game has more information.

If you're still having the trouble, please start a new game with a new player profile. This almost always corrects trouble like this. It may also help to completely delete your old player profiles. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Open "My Computer" under the Start Menu
2. Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\MagicIndie"
3. Delete the "Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates" folder, delete "Profiles" file"

Good luck

[Post New]by Jezzybird on Jun 2, 10 8:02 AM
Jezzybird wrote:
Jezzybird wrote:I am also stuck in the cemetery on level 7 and I can not progress to level 8. Please Big Fish find an urgent fix as this game is really great and I want to finish it. Many thanks

Here is the reply I have received from BGF with the instructions on how to resolve this problem. Hope it works for everyone. Personally, I do not mind starting this game over again as it is so brilliant!!

"If you've done everything else right and are still having trouble, an error like this can be the result of a corrupted file. If you haven't already, it can help to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can do that by following these steps:

1. Click on the "Play My Games" or "Game Manager" icon on your desktop or start menu to bring up the Game Manager
2. Find the game title in the Game Manager’s list and click on the trash can icon on the right side to uninstall the game
3. Make sure you’ve deleted all versions of the game by using your computer’s "Add / Remove Programs" "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel
4. Go to your Purchase History
5. Find the game title and click on the blue "Install Now" button
6. You may need to sign in with your email login and password -- or if you're already signed into the Game Manager, please make sure this is the same login you purchased the game under

Our help article on Uninstall / Reinstall a Game has more information.

If you're still having the trouble, please start a new game with a new player profile. This almost always corrects trouble like this. It may also help to completely delete your old player profiles. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Open "My Computer" under the Start Menu
2. Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\MagicIndie"
3. Delete the "Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates" folder, delete "Profiles" file"

Good luck

Hi fellow gamers

The above fix does work and I am now on level 8.

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Jun 3, 10 12:38 PM
Well I am sick of turtles just like chefsue I skipped and got nothing come out of it realised I needed a pearl and the shell isn't open so tried again, my turtle goes round and round won't go up and the other one goes straight up to the finnish but now I cannot get the skip to show up at all. I have uninstalled, and will reinstall because I bought it and love it up untill the turtles, but I hate the sight of themmmmm! Lets hope I can get past it this time.

Go to: