Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Heritage

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 22, 10 9:41 AM
I really like this game also! The hour was up before I realized it, and that's a good sign for me. Yes, I know some of the fragments were easy to find, but that's usually true in FROGs. Some of the fragments, however, were NOT easy to find at all. Just a note that when it asked if I wanted help at the beginning, I said no to that choice. I don't know how much difference that makes in actual game play, but I liked the amount of help I got.

Some of the mini-games that I got to were actually different for a change. I ended up having to do the candle game a few times because I didn't actually pick up the fragment it gave me. That's not a fault of the game....just me being dense! LOL!

I thought the graphics were very good, and I liked that it didn't always tell you directly what you had to do with some of the items. I also liked that the items you put together weren't always used in the same room where you found the fragments. It actually reminded me quite a bit of the Mortimer Beckett series, although it wasn't quite up to that level.

Are there voices in this game? I never did hear any so I'm not exactly sure what the story is.

I agree that the game isn't quite as straight-forward as it first seems to be. Things do get more complicated as you progress, and I like that.

I ran out of time while trying to put the cards in order, and according to the walkthrough, that's about halfway through chapter 5 so it would probably give me an additional 3 hours or so of play at least. This is definitely going on my purchase list, but I will probably wait awhile before doing so. I have so many others that I still want and lots that I haven't finished and some I haven't even started yet that are already purchased.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on May 22, 10 10:10 AM
A total bore to me after Robinson Crusoe. The graphics were terrible in comparison and little if any challenge. Definitely not a buy for me.

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 10:11:34 AM PST

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on May 22, 10 10:12 AM
I really don't like FROGS. Sometimes it is hard to spot those fragments and I like the sense of accomplishment of finding an (one) item. I much prefer looking for a whole object. Will give it a try, though, just in case it turns out to be ok.

ranger05
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ranger05 on May 22, 10 10:23 AM
I had tech problems so couldn't figure out the story line.

I thought the puzzles quite easy. For me most of the hidden items were very easy to find until the final pieces.

Game had promise, but too short (it didn't take long for me to go through many of the chapters in the demo), and too many tech problems.

Not a buy for me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 22, 10 11:02 AM
I had no technical problems with this game and I must admit the demo time flew by. But the fractured objects were for the most part ridiculously easy to find, making it no real challenge. The story itself was very sad, reminded me of the first Ravenhearst in places. The graphics, whilst grainy, were actually quite restful on my eyes. It just felt like the developers thought "a FROG is a popular choice of game and as there aren't many out there, we'll make one".

If and when it's on DD, might be a buy but not today.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on May 22, 10 11:21 AM
I just stopped playing in the middle of demo time. In the beginning, I had the locket issue, but I understand that this is being worked on, so that's good.

I didn't finish the game for several reasons:
1. Many of the fragments are too hard to find. I found myself just clicking around at random or waiting for the hint to load up.
2. The story didn't intrigue me at all. Usually, I like those "spooky" background stories, but I personally found this one boring.
3. I didn't care so much for most of the mini games.

These are all things that are matter to personal taste, so I'm sure this is still a good game for many. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Still, what got me to end the game was something I think might be a glitch: I think it is in chapter 5 or 6, in a room where a glass of wine is put on the table and where a grammophone with a missing needle stands. I can't yet get the last fragment of the missing needle from the adjoining bedroom and have nothing to use in adjoining bedroom. In the room with the grammophone, there is a spark in the wine glass which tells me something can be done there/added there. Still, that spark doesn't react to anything. I absolutely cannot do anything in that room anymore and the hint just says that at the moment no more fragments can be found. I don't think it's so great that the hint doesn't give more help when objects need to be used. Granted, usually there are not so many objects to choose from but it still would be nice to have some better hint when one is completely stuck.

If the game had entertained me more I would have checked the walkthrough but I have to admit I just wasn't too interested in continuing the game.

[Post New]by puglette404 on May 22, 10 11:28 AM
i haven't tried the demo yet, just wanted to drop in with my two cents. I am beginning to feel like the FROG's are a lazy developer method. Instead of having us look for twenty items, you have five or six broken into bits. Again, just my opinion!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 22, 10 11:36 AM
After reading some reviews first thing in the morning I was really looking forward to trying the game... Too bad, as I now feel sort of blank.
The game is indeed too easy and as someone mentioned you can actually find most of the fragments without even glancing once to the list.

I had no interest in the story wahtsoever up to chapter 4 and was trying to figure out what the point of visiting this place and all the story of the marriage was about. I got to chapter 12 (just was there like 2 minutes before my trial ended) and was wondering if the "problem" the story goes around is centered only in the man (which I would find rather sad as enough of this goes on in real life) or has some external reason (which personally I would find better as I don't want to face in my spare time what there is in real life, especially when it is not nice).

The FROG scene graphs were nice but not wonderful, the story graphs were horrible (maybe that was the point to make them fit what I guess at some point will become an eerie tale).

The minigames are relatively easy (some very very easy), but iw what nice tor ecover some oldies and apparently forgotten ones as whack- a- mole. AT least it means the developers where trying to get a bit out of the trend and I reallya ppreciate that.

Also experienced the music issue, which I found annoying as at first I though I might have pressed the silence inadvertedly on my keyboard, so I toggled the key an dthe volume and when I went to option I hardly moved the cursos and I had this noise booming.

As several users have mentioned that the game has around 20 chapters and given it was ok for 1 hour but I don't think I owul ever play it again (especially since for some reason I was forced to repeat thebaby's bedroom scene twice and the object location is exteremely asy to remember) this won't be a buy for me.

Happy gaming!

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on May 22, 10 1:03 PM
I normally heed to advice of the forums as to technical issues, but I liked this game and decided to buy it anyway. I, too, had to turn on the volume, but played it all the way through and it had a good story line and once you got used to the fragments, it was pretty good to try and find them. I liked it. Had no problems with it holding my place when I quit and returned...the secret is to click on the "close" tab and not the heart itself. Would have liked it to be a little longer.

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 22, 10 2:09 PM
GradmaSue wrote:
Victoria5 wrote:This is an interesting game but I wonder if anyone else (the real players out there) notice that the music is from another game. I can't remember which game but I know I have heard this music before -- any guesses or am I alone on thinking this music sounds so familiar. I have not made my mind up on buying it yet but it is good! Happy playing.
It's from Hidden Relics..one of my all time favorites

Actually it is from a music vendor who sells music for non-exclusive rights. In this case they bought same music from same vendor

[Post New]by finegan on May 22, 10 2:09 PM
Too short for my liking ... but this also may be a function of the game somehow going out at 10 chapters. See from this forum that people have mentioned that there are 20. Don't know why this number of chapters isn't happening for me. Have restarted - thinking that maybe it was my being stupid despite never having had this problem before in five years plus of a weekly trying and buying an embarassing number of hidden object games. Am I missing something, inept or crazy?

Thanks to any Big Fish game users who can straighten me out.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 22, 10 3:32 PM
Played 45 minutes of the demo and got into chapter 6 without any tech problems. I know others have gotten farther (belamba got through chapter 11) and then got kicked back to the beginning. So I may yet run into problems.

BUT, this is the FIRST FROG, that I can say I really like! Why? Because I'm finding fragments of regular things I can recognize, not pieces of metal gears or sceptors or gizmos. Secondly, because the fragments are for the most part, easy to find. Since I generally don't like FROGs, I couldn't like it otherwise.

Next, the story is intriguing and definitely above average. And last, there's only a minimum of going back and forth to find the last pieces and then place the items - so far it's just been between two adjacent rooms.

So for BEGINNING FROGGERS and others like me who tend to pass on FROGs all together, give this one a try!

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on May 22, 10 3:36 PM
Never was a fan of the fragmented pieces. No incentive to look for object, just click away at anything that looks out of place. And in this game the pieces would annoyingly wiggle. What's the point?

Also, the artwork in this game was quite creepy...especially the locket pictures...egads what horrible artwork.

Not a buy for me.

[Post New]by kimjoy7869 on May 22, 10 4:33 PM
The game looked great in the beginning but then it began to lock up and kept taking me back to the first chapter. I eventually got to chapter three before it took me right back to chapter one again. I just gave up after that. Big disappointment.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on May 22, 10 4:51 PM
I couldn't get to Chapter 2. It would stop right after I used the key. Quit and save bombed. It quit but it didn't save. I didn't get far enough into the game to offer any feedback, but it kind of looked promising

After the third try, a second download and a half hour, I gave up. Not all bad - I'm now an expert on Chapter 1.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 22, 10 5:03 PM
Great review, Gieyo!!!

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on May 22, 10 5:58 PM
I truly like this game. I normally do not like FROGS, but this one I do. Graphics are good and not to dark. There are no penalties for over clicking, which I seem to do when there are so many items I need to find. Hints recover in a nice time frame. Also appreciate that there appears to be no time to complete each level.
I do not like to rush through games. I miss too much of the nice graphics or scenes. At my age, 72, frankly I do not see any reason to rush through anything. Life is short enough as it is.

I like that I had to go from room to room to find everything I need for a chapter. I know some do not, but I think it adds to the game.

Now for the flip side of the coin.

When I first signed into the game, I went to options to see what was available. I felt the music was a little loud, so turned that down. As soon as I left options the music became too loud again. I went to options again and lowered the level of the music. Still too loud, so I lowered the sound on my laptop. Well, of course, then I could not hear the voices, so turned that back up. To keep the game sounds where I wanted them, I was not happy when the music came on.

Second. I thought, and must have misunderstood, that the locket problem fixed for new downloads. I finished the 4th level and when I went to the locket, it was empty. After clicking on close, I was returned to the beginning of the game. I closed the game and went back to the forum. That is where I saw that the fix was made but was being tested.

I will wait until later tonight or tomorrow, make sure all is fixed, then will try it again as I would truly like to purchase this game.

BTW..... hey Terry Mann .. good to see you.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Your Comments and Review for The Heritage

[Post New]by quaifen on May 22, 10 6:30 PM
what is with this darn game, this is the worst game I have ever played so far, I can get to chapter three and end up back at chapter one what is this?

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 6:34:44 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 22, 10 7:27 PM
Maybe I am spoilt from Robinson Crusoe, yesterday, but I felt this game was sort of a let down. I didn't have any technical problems and I usually love FROGs. On this game, the items were, for the most part, too easy to find. I didn't even need to look at the pictures of the objects. There were only a few I had a problem with and it was because they were dark objects on other dark objects. At least the hint button refreshed quickly.

The storyline was a little too dark for me, but I found at the end of my trial that I did want to find out the rest of the story, although you can sort of tell ahead of time what is it is going to be. Since I got halfway through the game on the trial, I'm not sure whether I will purchase this one or not. Overall I think it is an okay game, but it just didn't "wow" me.

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on May 22, 10 7:39 PM
I actually thought this game was sorta good, I am not a fan of FRog's but don't mind once in a while during a H O game, but seeing as how the whole game is like that it would be the only reason for me not to purchase it. I was interested in the storyline, it somewhat reminds me of another game and I am curious as to how it ends. No problems whatsoever and it was pretty easy, the flashes of the objects did get a bit irritating, doubt I will purchase it though, maybe if it is offered as a DD.

Go to: