Locket Issue Fixed!

Re:Locket Fix coming soon

[Post New]by nosmo99_us on May 22, 10 6:37 PM
got to level 3 and was sent back yet again, i guess its either kick the computer or wait till the fix gets here

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 22, 10 7:14 PM
It should be soon, and kicking the computer might damage it, I mean you!

peascot
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by peascot on May 22, 10 7:47 PM
where abouts in game manager do you find the locket fix...

kega
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by kega on May 22, 10 8:17 PM
I found the update on my game manager. I had to click on the bottom where it sayd "options". Then under updates click "manually". There it was in green "1 update" Clicked on it, and it re downloaded.
Good luck. Yippee!!!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 22, 10 8:51 PM
thank you kega, i also went under options and changed from automatic to manual updates and there it was so it is updating now.

i am going to start from the beginning, but i am also buying this one.

momof33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by momof33 on May 22, 10 8:56 PM
I clicked on update and it downloaded. but the game still wont let me get past the front door. i uninstalled the game again and its not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 22, 10 9:17 PM
After the fix is received is there anyway we can get more time added to our demo of this game???

The problem with the locket LOL I thought it was something I was doing incorrectly and kept trying and trying I have 8 minutes left.

Have a great day

kkhamjani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kkhamjani on May 22, 10 9:30 PM
big question here - has it been fixed yet, or has it not?

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on May 22, 10 9:38 PM
I downloaded the update. The game is still not working which is a shame.

kkhamjani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kkhamjani on May 22, 10 9:41 PM
too bad, i've been waiting all day to play this game, because it looks like a good one

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on May 22, 10 9:49 PM
Fix did not work.

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on May 22, 10 10:00 PM
Surely it will be fixed by 1 am Pacific Time when it becomes Today's Game. I hope, I hope

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on May 22, 10 10:13 PM
Just downloaded the trial a couple of hours ago....taking a few breaks and on Pacific time. Playing chapter 4 and haven't been booted out yet. Running XP Pro, and no problems so far....
I decided to purchase as I'm currently playing two other games and I know there will be a fix if I run into problems or backup from CS.

However, I know the feeling when you download a game or purchase it and want to play it NOW!

kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kszanz on May 22, 10 10:25 PM
I downloaded the update, and it did not work. I keep having to go back to the very first scene for the umpteenth time. By the time I get a fix that actually works, I will have spent the whole 60-minute trial trying to get through the front door. My sister evidently didn't have any problems as she liked the trial. She has XP whereas I have Vista. Needless to say, I am really ticked right now!!!!!

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 10:28:01 PM PST

Essie422
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Essie422 on May 22, 10 11:41 PM
The "fix it" didn't work. Downloaded that, tried again and still locket still does not work after first scene. So I uninstalled the game, restarted the computer and re-downloaded the game. Still cannot get past the first time the locket opens. throws me back to the beginning.

Essie422
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Essie422 on May 22, 10 11:44 PM
I'm pissed too. Happening to me with another game too. The Eye of Odin. Every time I get to the clock hands, the games closes! Starting to get a bit aggravated here lately. I buy a LOT of games from here!

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by 0459 on May 23, 10 12:26 AM
3:25am on the 23 still no fix?

[Post New]by PattyMeeMaw on May 23, 10 12:44 AM
First time poster, long time lurker and BFG member.

The first time I played the game, I had no problems. Then I got to Chapter 9. I didn't have a piece of the second key, and the game would not let me return to the first room to retrieve it. I even started over, just to come up against the same problem.

I came to the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem, but eveyone else was plagued with the locket. Then I read that there was a fix, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Everything was roses until I came to the locket after Chapter 17. After reading the story, I hit the close button, and was thrown back to Chapter 1. I am now having the same problem as most everyone else, trading one problem for another. I am through playing this game until there is a definitive fix. (I know BFG is on the case-Thanks, guys and gals! )

I can't believe this game was beta tested. Problems like these should've been found and dealt with before releasing.

Sorry to be so crabby.

MOMMY54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MOMMY54 on May 23, 10 5:19 AM
It's now 8:15AM Eastern time, 05-23-2010.

Did the update that was supposed to "fix" the locket problem, and it is still not fixed, took me back to the beginning of chapter 1 again.

This is not what I expect when I play a BF game.

I purchase at least 8+ games a month, and don't ususlly have these issues.

Does anyone know when this will be REALLY FIXED?

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on May 23, 10 6:22 AM
Well I purchased the game and had the same trouble with getting past the locket. Downloaded and installed the "fix" but still doesn't work for me. Does anyone have a solution or did I waste my money and time?????

Go to: