dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Post any Hotel technical issues here only

[Post New]by dcairns on May 23, 10 8:25 AM
My game keeps freezing when she meets the dectective in the hallway and he says he has solved the case.

They walk off together and it says 5 minutes later and I get nothing - just blackness! I have tried 3 times to close game (after the first time I had to play 15 minutes of the game I had already completed because it wasn't saved), but it keeps freezing at the same spot!

HELP!!!

[Post New]by sciencenerdp on May 23, 10 9:43 AM
my game crashed as well, but for me it was after talking to the sister (theresa) in front of the church at the graveyard. Totally frozen. will have to restart.

[Post New]by sciencenerdp on May 23, 10 9:45 AM
Also, it still does not auto save. Every time it freezes I have to start from the beginning.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 9:47 AM
sciencenerdp wrote:my game crashed as well, but for me it was after talking to the sister (theresa) in front of the church at the graveyard. Totally frozen. will have to restart.

when this happens on the graveyard, just press "space" key on your keyboard. the game will resume like nothing happen.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 9:48 AM
dcairns wrote:My game keeps freezing when she meets the dectective in the hallway and he says he has solved the case.

They walk off together and it says 5 minutes later and I get nothing - just blackness! I have tried 3 times to close game (after the first time I had to play 15 minutes of the game I had already completed because it wasn't saved), but it keeps freezing at the same spot!

HELP!!!

try to "Alt+Tab" to minimize the game. then see if there is any message in the background.
anyway, if there's any message, close it and then resume the game from Taskbar again. Things like this can happen with games sometimes (since, games work in full-screen resolution)

beentheya
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by beentheya on May 23, 10 9:53 AM
Same thing happened to me as chrsb70 and tatajojo. Unfortunately did not read forum and Ivanbral's info until after this happened. Also didn't save for quite a while!

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on May 23, 10 10:26 AM
To kspes ... I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

[Post New]by AzKelly927 on May 23, 10 11:13 AM
I've d/l the game but when I hit new game, I get an error message. Here is just a partial of the message....
Error loading scene prologue Video OGRE exception 3: render APIE exception surface lock failed...........

I didn't finish copying the whole message as I get a few words copied and it phases it, so I have to click new game again to have the message come up. Can you help me here and tell me what could be wrong. Direct X maybe?

[Post New]by vickigatts11467 on May 23, 10 11:55 AM
I am having the same problem as others have stated. I click new game it goes to load game and next I'm back to game manager. Crystal Valley didn't work for me as well. Wish BFG could fix these issues so I could buy the game.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 23, 10 12:21 PM
Hey Fishies!

We're looking in to the reported issues with this game. If you get a "Not Found" error at the Templar Cemetery, please try pressing the space bar as ivanbral suggested to resume game play.

If your game is freezing at a particular point in the game, please try pressing "Alt+tab" to see if there is an error message, or try reinstalling the game. If you do receive an error message, please contact Customer Support.

If you're experiencing display or resolution issues, I would suggest searching for an updated version of DirectX or your video card driver that can be downloaded from your computer manufacturer's website, or the video card manufacturer's website.

The following help article has some more display advice as well:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

We are currently looking in to these issues, and we highly encourage you to contact Customer Support if you are experiencing a technical problem so we can work on getting it resolved. Just click the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat during the week for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by LightningSpark on May 23, 10 12:50 PM
I got the blank after exiting the office, thankfully I hadn't saved that long ago and it only took me 10 minutes to get back to that point.

The error message said something about OpenGL and when opening the game again I chose this option on a pop up and everything seems fine so far... oh and it made it a smaller resolution which is great as I had to scroll with my small screen.

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on May 23, 10 1:41 PM
My game is also freezing and once booted me back to game manager. The voices were echoed and choppy. Am completely unable to play game due to the freezing. Looks interesting though.

[Post New]by ejgreen on May 23, 10 1:44 PM
I have hit the space bar twice on the coversation with Teresa. I already solved the wisdom game, but I cannot get to the love game because every time I go back to Teresa she leaves off at the last conversation.

How am I supposed to move forward???

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 1:50 PM
you don't need Theresa for Love quest. go to that dead tree on the graveyard. Veronica should be there.
you can also check the walkthrough

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 23, 10 1:51 PM
ejgreen wrote:I have hit the space bar twice on the coversation with Teresa. I already solved the wisdom game, but I cannot get to the love game because every time I go back to Teresa she leaves off at the last conversation.

When you have the first dialogue with Theresa you will need to go all the way to the end of all of the conversation. Her last comment will say (not found), then hit Next in the conversation prompt. Your menu items at the lower right will disappear. Then hit the SPACE BAR and the menu items will come back. Then you should be able to walk back to the graveyard on the left and see her dead sister's ghost. She will help you get to the Love task.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 1:55:37 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 23, 10 2:24 PM
ivanbral wrote: meantime, you can continue playing if you press "space" key on your keyboard. so, when "not found" is displayed, and everything disappears from the screen, just press Space and the game will resume like nothing happened.

i will try this the next time i load... i've gotten stuck in day two when matisse wants to go to the ballroom and uncover his great solution to the crime... just when it's game on and we go to walk away - the screen goes dark... i guess there's no winning with this guy!

[Post New]by blazingmane on May 23, 10 2:41 PM
Pepper010 wrote:Hi Ivan,

Thanks for writing back. The problem is that BFG automatically ends the demo after 60 minutes. When that happened, I bought the game, but when I restarted I did not have the option of resuming or loading a game. I had to start a new game.

Same here. Also, there was a place in the basment that said a < file not found> every time I walked past the table. It turned me around from in front of the wine rack and put me back by the large barrel. Weird.

[Post New]by blazingmane on May 23, 10 2:48 PM
ejgreen wrote:I have hit the space bar twice on the coversation with Teresa. I already solved the wisdom game, but I cannot get to the love game because every time I go back to Teresa she leaves off at the last conversation.

Same here. I thought I was going to have to start over! I did figure out that I could just go on with the game. However, that was AFTER I pushed every key 10 times and got freaked out because it froze. Panic... I was happy to see the little (walk) icon. whew!

daqisymae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by daqisymae on May 23, 10 4:45 PM
I have been having the same problem as some others. Haven't had the chance to even try the game. When clicking on start game it kicks me back to the game manager. what can I do about this.

bethh
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by bethh on May 23, 10 4:49 PM
Wonderful, another buggy game. Thanks for the tip about the space bar.

Go to: