tigra1021
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by tigra1021 on Dec 27, 17 4:25 PM
I think deeforest is correct. I just updated my OS. I played for hours yesterday with no problem. Now, it's the dividing by zero screen resolution problem. I has a sad.

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Dec 27, 17 7:25 PM
i am not getting a screen resolution issue, but the game freezes completely at random moments. In level 1 it froze as soon as I talked to the person on the level and it froze on the dialogue. I had to replay the level and turn off the tutorial to get through. Then on level 2 it froze just after I completed the level--I waited for it to go back to the map, but it was just frozen there. I had to exit out of the level.

I was able to get through level 2 (seemingly) because I completed the level goals in order this time--before, I was completing them out of order. This seemed to work until level 11, where it froze once again right after I completed all of the level goals. Didn't acknowledge the level was finished, just froze there. Tried it twice, same thing. This is as far as I have gotten so far.

This is a real shame, as I have enjoyed the other Viking Brothers games without problems, and it is quite rare for my computer to run into problems with any games.
Running windows 7, so it isn't a windows 10 issue.
Sigh.

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 4:51:43 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 28, 17 3:31 AM
No screen resolution problems here. Mine is set to 1920 x 1080.
No freezing problems.
The game got past level 2 with no trouble.
I bought the game and am up to around level 13 (or somewhere near that). The game plays smoothly with no technical issues whatsoever.

I use a desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit. It is extremely rare for my PC to have any issues with these games, even when it was running Vista. I'm sorry for those having issues but as far as my PC is concerned there is nothing wrong with this game.

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Dec 28, 17 5:51 AM
Running Windows 7 64 bit... I also became 'stuck' on levels 2 and 11. Tried replaying each level multiple times to see if the 'order' played would make a difference and each time the game would just play the finished level sound and then stop. Went back and played both levels in windowed mode (uncheck play full screen) and BOTH levels finished and went on! Switched back to full screen mode with no problems so far... *fingers crossed*

[Post New]by texassandra on Dec 28, 17 10:19 AM
I got the same message about screen resolution and followed the suggestion of manually changing my resolution to 1440 x 900. That worked yesterday and now today the game is working at the optimal resolution. Also, I had the same problem of getting stuck on level 2 and then on levels 3 and 4. Each time, I discovered through trial and error that if I clicked the next level on the game map, that level would come up and allow me to play it. Since I reached level 5 I have not had to manually click the levels. Currently I am up to level 8 with no further problems. Hope this helps and good luck with the game.

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on Dec 28, 17 1:35 PM
I have Dell XPS with Window 10. I cannot open this game at all. the error message said: Switching to resolution 1920x0 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1920x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1920x1080 fs=1 hz=0)

So what can I do????

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Dec 28, 17 2:41 PM
I'm using a PC with Windows 10 - 64 Bit OS and 8GB installed RAM

I finished the main chapter and am on Level 7 of the Bonus Chapter where I ran into an issue while looking for the younger brother's sword ... The SG shows where it can be found but it just is not there and, the level cannot be finished without it!

Your immediate attention and time taken on this matter will be immensely appreciated.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 28, 17 3:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some resolution issues, as well as a couple of different progression difficulties while playing. Let's see what we can do to get things working better again.

When it comes to the resolution error that's coming up for some players, it sounds like some adjustments to the resolution have resolved this for some of our players. Sometimes games can be picky about the resolutions they work best at, and updates to the operating system for the computer can also impact how games display on the screen. Because of these reasons, we definitely recommend changing the screen resolution for the system to help the game and computer get along better. For steps on how to do this, please visit this link:

Screen Resolution

I'm also going to include the information from a couple of our players (westielover and peecee50) that may be helpful for this particular situation with the resolution error message:

by peecee50 on Dec 26, 17 8:03 PM
well, i set the resolution manually to 1440 and the game worked...i reset the resolution back to 1920 and ran the game again and it worked just fine then...don't get the issue with resolution, but after the above, at least i could play the game.

by westielover on Dec 27, 17 6:16 AM
Noticed others have mentioned recent windows update and agree that this could have caused problem. Tried changing screen resolution then went back to original and game now works

[Continued in next post...]

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 28, 17 3:08 PM
[...Continuing from previous post]

For the progression issues, it sounds like the game may not be sending players forward to the next level at certain points (level 2 and 11 being the most commonly reported). This could be related to how the game is trying to display itself running into trouble, so I'd like to go ahead and share the workarounds jimeezlady and texassandra shared to see if that can help us get around this tangle. Here are those tips:

by jimeezlady on Dec 28, 17 5:51 AM
Running Windows 7 64 bit... I also became 'stuck' on levels 2 and 11. Tried replaying each level multiple times to see if the 'order' played would make a difference and each time the game would just play the finished level sound and then stop. Went back and played both levels in windowed mode (uncheck play full screen) and BOTH levels finished and went on! Switched back to full screen mode with no problems so far... *fingers crossed*

by texassandra on Dec 28, 17 10:19 AM
I got the same message about screen resolution and followed the suggestion of manually changing my resolution to 1440 x 900. That worked yesterday and now today the game is working at the optimal resolution. Also, I had the same problem of getting stuck on level 2 and then on levels 3 and 4. Each time, I discovered through trial and error that if I clicked the next level on the game map, that level would come up and allow me to play it. Since I reached level 5 I have not had to manually click the levels. Currently I am up to level 8 with no further problems. Hope this helps and good luck with the game.

If manually clicking on the next level or going into windowed mode does not help resolve this progression issue, please go ahead and also try running the game as an Administrator to see if that helps out. This will make sure the game has all of the permissions it needs from the system. This may also help with the sword not seeming to appear in the Bonus Chapter, scorpio42.

Should the issues described persist after trying out these steps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators are also available by PM any time. We'll do our best to answer any questions that remain.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by sharonblain on Dec 29, 17 1:01 AM
is there anyone going to fix this issue???????

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Dec 29, 17 4:56 AM
jimeezlady wrote:Running Windows 7 64 bit... I also became 'stuck' on levels 2 and 11. Tried replaying each level multiple times to see if the 'order' played would make a difference and each time the game would just play the finished level sound and then stop. Went back and played both levels in windowed mode (uncheck play full screen) and BOTH levels finished and went on! Switched back to full screen mode with no problems so far... *fingers crossed*

That worked for me! Thanks jimeezlady, I'm sure that was the only thing I hadn't tried yet. The tiny people are back to moving on to the next level. It's so nice to see them move again!

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Dec 29, 17 8:09 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:[...Continuing from previous post]

by texassandra on Dec 28, 17 10:19 AM
[/color]

If manually clicking on the next level or going into windowed mode does not help resolve this progression issue, please go ahead and also try <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">running the game as an Administrator</a> to see if that helps out. This will make sure the game has all of the permissions it needs from the system. This may also help with the sword not seeming to appear in the Bonus Chapter, scorpio42.

Should the issues described persist after trying out these steps, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>. Our Moderators are also available by PM any time. We'll do our best to answer any questions that remain.

bfgArinelle

Actually I do run everything that's loaded on my PC as "ADMINISTRATOR"
Apparently nobody else has gotten this far along in the game and therefore cannot substantiate my claim about not being able to find the younger brother's sword where the Strategy Guide says it is on Level 7 of the Bonus Chapter!

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Dec 29, 17 10:46 AM
I can't even play level 2. The game is completely frozen. This is yet another game I have purchased and cannot play. The latest Redemption Cemetary won't even start and I have a long list of games I have purchased, played and cannot replay. Guess I won't be buying anymore games for a while.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 29, 17 11:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out and for your patience. If adjusting the screen resolution of the computer, updating the video card driver, or running the game in Administrator Mode doesn't fix Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll absolutely replace the game for you. We sincerely appreciate your patience; this issue has been passed along to the appropriate teams, and if more news is received, the Moderation Team will definitely announce it here. Please don't hesitate to PM one of us if new questions or concerns arise; we're always here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Dec 29, 17 12:32 PM
jtrigg wrote:why is the game trying to set a resolutuon of 1380x0?

The game , it seems doesn't like my Toshiba i7 Laptop , runs ok on my desktop with a higher graphics resolution cpability . BTW, the latest nvidia driver update did not fix the laptop issue

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 29, 17 12:46 PM
Hello jtrigg,

It sounds like updating the video card driver didn't fix the game. Thank you for trying the suggested steps. Next I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team as they can replace the game. Please have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by soph0571 on Dec 29, 17 1:07 PM
I have finished the main game with 3 stars on all levels and the 5 mini games. When I try and access the bonus chapter I get a message to complete the main game for access.

[Post New]by faulkwood on Dec 30, 17 5:07 AM
Game crashes on every level. At the end of level 1, it stopped working. Used Task Manager to close it, re-started. It went to Level 3 but stopped in the middle.

Using Windows 10 64-bit. Usually in the past, the reason I've had these problems, including other software, is BECAUSE 32 BIT GAMES DON'T WORK WELL ON 64 BIT SYSTEMS.

Especially Windows 10. It is even more picky about it than Windows 7. Just a heads up in case you guys have no idea why there are so many crashes but the bit level does make a difference, especially in newer operating systems.

UPDATE: Turned off full screen in options. Worked for a few levels. Went back to full screen. Stopped in middle of level again (level 7). Oh well. Can't play this way. Don't like playing the small game in the middle of my big screen.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 5:32:35 AM PST

[Post New]by irak5480 on Dec 31, 17 6:16 AM
I am also having the issue of not being able to access the bonus chapter. I have completed all 40 levels plus the 5 mini games with 3 stars and it keeps saying I need to finish the main adventure first.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 31, 17 12:32 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some issues with the game freezing as well as trouble accessing the Bonus Chapters. If the troubleshooting steps mentioned above (checking for video card driver updates and running the game as an Administrator) do not resolve these issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to help us better track issues our players have experienced, which in turn helps us report those issues.

Our Moderator Team is also available by PM to answer any questions we can, so feel free to send a message our way. Wishing everyone a happy new year!

bfgArinelle

Edited on 12/31/2017 at 12:32:53 PM PST

Go to: