GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re:Fastest Win Challenge - 43 days is the time to beat!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 16, 10 11:21 AM
Annotating Bezdomny, as much for my convenience as yours, Gentle Readers--

Started with this:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/95784.page
"Career Fast Track"

and continues with this:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/96069.page
"Fastest Win"

other posts:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/97120.page
"Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Purchasing"
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/96582.page
"Bez's Movie Guide" (which I don't believe misses any, despite his disclaimer)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/97069.page
"Don't Worry, Be Unhappy"

Edited on 08/17/2012 at 7:58:29 PM PST

[Post New]by Rainedaysz on Dec 26, 10 4:13 AM
I am down to 86 days and am happy with that, but I have never been able to repeat 86 days. I have never opted to try for a perfect score. Reading these post in this forum, I see a reference to lottery tickets that I don't understand. Today I am going to see if maybe they are in the grocery store as I only go there once in the entire game and have not really looked around. I always become the accordion teacher asap every game I play, and I usually on purpose lose the level of buying the biggest TV because that is when the what the matter you collage unlocks. I only start dating in the buy a house level so I can get married and have the kid before that level comes up. I usually review the movies while I during that lost level too. I seem to spend way to many days saving money around the buy house level and am going to try improving that.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Feb 1, 11 2:54 AM
Rainedaysz wrote:
I am down to 86 days and am happy with that, but I have never been able to repeat 86 days. I have never opted to try for a perfect score. Reading these post in this forum, I see a reference to lottery tickets that I don't understand. Today I am going to see if maybe they are in the grocery store as I only go there once in the entire game and have not really looked around.

You're right, Lottery Tickets are in the Grocery Store.

Rainedaysz wrote:
I always become the accordion teacher asap every game I play, and I usually on purpose lose the level of buying the biggest TV because that is when the what the matter you collage unlocks. I only start dating in the buy a house level so I can get married and have the kid before that level comes up.

Buy during sales to save money. It really helps if you can get a $2000 item for $500 (75% off)! You can also buy things on sale you don't need, and put an ad in the paper to sell them for extra cash. You might also think about trying for better jobs. C.E.O. pays $100 more per shift than Accordion Teacher, meaning that you earn money faster.

Rainedaysz wrote:
I usually review the movies while I during that lost level too. I seem to spend way to many days saving money around the buy house level and am going to try improving that.

You can review a movie at the end of the day when you're almost out of time. You can review instead of watch a movie to finish Libby's challenge. Reviewing movies even gives you a small boost of Happiness and a bit of money.

b3achy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by b3achy on Feb 12, 11 9:32 AM
Wow, 43 days...that's very fast! My current fastest (before reading all the tips here) is 84 days...almost double yours! Congrats!

I'm currently trying to reduce my times by implementing the optimization ideas here, but this first round, I'm only anticipating shaving off some time, but will likely still be in the 60s, I think...I'm going to have to re-read these ideas to get them to sink in before I'm truly competitive...

ETA - Yep, got it down to 65 days, but alas, I made some tactical errors in the beginning (got bogged down waiting on sales, etc.) and can quickly see where I can trim some more. I suspect I'll get down to the 50's, but not sure I can compete with 43... Sadly, trying to do it all quickly definitely seems like you miss other aspects of the game...maybe a better goal for me would be trying to accomplish it spending the least amount of money (most of mine have been around $45-46K, though I had one that was only $44.3K)

Guess there could be multiple goals for this game:
Best/Fastest Completion
Most Life Points at Completion
Least Amount of Money Spent at Completion
Most Gnomes Found
Fastest time to max Intelligence, Charm and Practicality
Fastest time to buy the Chariot
Fastest time to complete all courses at College, University, Flex
Combinations of the above
(and yes, it would be nice if these were tracked in the stats pages to make it easier to figure out)

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 11:29:01 AM PST

b3achy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by b3achy on Feb 12, 11 1:37 PM
Using the fastest win strategy posted here...
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/96069.page#2774306

I was able to get down to 59 days in the first try. Missed a few parts, or I would have shaved a few more days off that...try try again...

ETA - My latest is down to 55 days, and I think that's it for me since I'm not having that much fun racing a clock...so the 43 day record stands unbroken...

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 10:38:48 AM PST

[Post New]by monichan123 on Mar 1, 11 10:20 PM
Just got 41 days - 110/2630 time units left!

Was lucky with the flex classes 75% off around day 16. Delayed buying the condo but getting 2000 time units early on was very worth it. Ended up buying the chariot car at full price but was lucky with buying 6 $2000 tvs at 75% off and reselling.

I generally finish <50 days. Since marrying and having children will max out happiness, I make sure I have >1500 time points and work the head chef/CEO job till the last moment, and then propose .

I've never scratched a lottery ticket. didn't realize it existed until i read the forum today!

Females CAN get a >$10 job the first day and end with 100% happiness

- how on earth can you get this? I never get it until day 4.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Fastest Win Challenge - 43 days is the time to beat!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 30, 11 6:03 PM
See the posts whose URLs are given at the top of the page, monichan. It's not simple, but it actually is easy!

Go to: