Octor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by Octor on May 31, 10 11:21 AM
Not very hard, but not very interesting. Would be a possible buy but for some reason they decided not to allow keyboard input. For a WORD game. Huh??

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 1, 10 1:45 PM
I enjoyed playing the game demo, although I never got past day 4 of Adventure mode.

It's a pleasant variation of hangman.

I seldom play the downloaded word games that I already have, so I won't be buying this one.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Jun 2, 10 11:21 AM
I would have definitely bought this game if the timer refilled at the end of every level (day) or at the very least didn't go down so fast. The way it is, it's a no buy for me. I want to relax when playing word games, not get all stressed out because I'm running out of time. It's a shame, it could have been a great game. And, yes, as others have said, some of the words were really not fitting the theme given. I'm saving my credit for something better.

EDIT!! :

Okay, I gave it another go today, what with the game update and all and because I really think this game has potential and I love word games. I think I got the hang of it and now I love it! The trick to save on energy levels is to guess as many words as possible, you do that and your energy stays at least two thirds full the whole time. As you progress, you get more power ups which come in really handy if you get stuck. It's pretty much a mix of strategy, vocabulary and plain old luck. The only thing that still bothers me is that some of the words are actually abbreviations. I mean, RPM? Really? That's a WORD? Come on. Other than that, I'm totally into it!

I bought it.

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 5:49:09 AM PST

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Jun 4, 10 1:48 PM
I was pleased when I saw this described, as I really like word games, and downloaded the hour's trial.

The first thing was that it very quickly became boring and repetitive, so I knew it was going to be a "no buy" if more variety didn't come in - it didn't! I had little trouble with the timer for as long as I played; I did get the trick about guessing in order to replenish it.

Others have complained about the "Animal" theme; I was clearly lucky as I was just mildly annoyed that nearly all mine were fish. Here I had "_oose"; I put in "m": WRONG, it was "goose" (yes I know that's not a fish!)

This, in the end was what had me deleting the thing after about 28 minutes however. I guessed "professor" but it was "processor" so again my word was WRONG: no, like "moose", it was different but equally correct.

All in all, I was just battling an increasing feeling of "why am I wasting my time here?"

[Post New]by shiningstarur12 on Jun 7, 10 5:05 AM
I am a HUGE word player. In the course of looking for the best word game, I was excited to see this new arrival.
BUT - I am on my free hour of play - I've played 3 games and every time I finish the pyramid, the game stops working and kicks me out. Then when I log back in, I have to enter my player name and I'm back at the beginning.
More help on how to play this would also be beneficial.
Is this glitch due to Mozilla?

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Jun 11, 10 6:20 PM
i liked this game and had made it 3/4's of the way through but when I went to play today my progress was not saved. Not really interested in starting back at the beginning. Too simple.

[Post New]by spellermom on Jun 12, 10 5:38 AM
I agree with everyone below. It IS possible to move forward in this game if you're very patient and figure out how to use the goodies. This should be explained up front. What's really annoying is the "special effects." This is not a game for 2 year olds, so why do we have to sit through all the sparkly stuff? It gets really old after day 2!!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 12, 10 8:37 PM
Amazing Pyramids

I knew this was a word game going in... what I didn't know is that it is basically an Egyptian-themed Hangman! Your goal is to reveal seven words, from the bottom of the pyramid to the top. The bottom word is 8 letters, the second one up is 7 letters, then 6, then 5, and so on to 3 letters at the top of the pyramid.

Each time you click on a letter, you lose a little bit of vitality. When you lose all of your vitality, the game is over and you have to start again from the beginning. To regain vitality in the gauge, you can try to solve the word all at once. You also get bonuses to your vitality from unused letters. There are bonuses you can get for quick solving, finding letters back to back, etc.

I got to level four before I ran out of vitality, and it took me 28 minutes to get there. In other words (pun intended), I didn't get very far

This game would be more fun if there was a "theme" per pyramid, rather than totally random guessing. Out of the 4 pyramids I did, only the third one had a theme - animals (and was still hard!) Go figure, I enjoyed the 3rd level more than the others.

I like the game, but I think that it could use some improvement.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jun 15, 10 6:57 PM
I used a punch card credit for this game, and after a couple of slow starts I got the hang of the game and enjoyed it - managed to get to the end. But like everyone else I think the game could use alot of improvement. I found sparklies too long and the mini games boring - I started skipping them when I discovered they just added points, which I don't care about that much.

That said, I also have to quibble with some of the word choices. I like challenging word games BUT.......First there were a number of slang abreviated terms which I don't think belong in this kind of word game (yep, legit, bio, sis, badass, scag, jerry, mac and also not-words such as mcg (microgram), uae (United Arab Emirates), bpi, bps - I don't know what the last two mean). Then I started running into the most obscure words that I had to look up - archaic forms, medical terms, obscure foreign currencies and animals. I consider myself quite literate with a fairly large vocabulary, but alot of these words are probably known to only a few diehard crossword fans (ort, bora, blay, cateran, angary, copula, impasto, cataplasm, agama, inti, cavy - to name a few). And the words definitely started to repeat - with all the words available in English, they shouldn't have to repeat!

Mostly the categories were pretty understandable, except for the cars which included an Indian and a Chinese model I've never heard of, and the last category - ART, which included these words that I can't see have anything to do with art: catharsis, appendix, aerator, animus, cavil, anis, and mcg.

Your Comments and Review for Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by caswinston on Jul 13, 10 12:43 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Amazing Pyramids? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by caswinston on Jul 13, 10 12:49 PM
Bad purchase. Always back to the start, no way to attempt another level. You keep doing the same screens over and over and over again. Got to day 6, lose back to start. Should be some alternative plays. The classic, what's the point boring. Don't buy.

[Post New]by uralmac on Jul 28, 10 10:48 AM
Hey! Anyone else out there disgusted with this game?? If ONLY there were catergories for the words to at least give a clue. I WISH that I had read a few reviews before purchasing. I'm sure I'n not the only frustrated one who cannot get beyond level 3. Frankie

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Sep 6, 10 5:34 PM
Sheeez, really sorry to hear this is a dud. The third game I bought here at Big Fish was Haiku Journey (four years ago) and there hasn't been a word game to match or exceed it since. I keep hoping, though. ::sigh::

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Sep 20, 10 10:32 AM
francisx wrote:hi every one, dont post very often but felt the need after playing this game, really enjoyed the demo so jumped straight in and bought it, then maybe wishing i hadnt.
its not only the animal '' themes'' that are wrong , alot of the others are too, eg in colour theme theres countries and in clothes theme there are train and bracelet !
the rest of it the words have no association at all which gets a bit odd at times, also not keen on the fact there are 12 levels to a chapter and if you fail on levels you go back to level 1 which is harsh if you fail on level 11, sorry for ''moaning''
just thought game could be a lot better

ok, either I am dense, blind, or just not awake enough. what is this with the themes? I see NO themes in my game. just row after row of words. HELP!?

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 3, 10 3:39 PM
I will never buy a timed game. Stop making them BF, you are losing money.

[Post New]by granofthree on Oct 29, 10 7:10 PM
I am a big fan of Amazing Pyramids. It is a real challenge to complete and to get into, but once you master it, the challenges are a lot of fun, and you build your word skills...spelling, derivatives, vocabulary and word mastery. The key is in realizing that you have what it takes to master this...it is not smarter than you are, you can win.

[Post New]by sleuthnbucks on Oct 29, 10 7:56 PM
I would not recommend this game, as it is very annoying, you get through six puzzle pieces , you miss one game, and they take all the puzzles away!!!!! very irritating---------- on scalel from one to ten--------- 2 =======not worth it!!!!

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Jan 6, 11 11:48 PM
I wanted to like this game. The idea of a hangman and a word game got me interested. It was frustrating though that the energy level would go down even when you had a correct letter. The fact the energy bar didn't refill between levels meant that if you had a hard pyramid early on, you were basically out of luck for finishing out the area. The words also started out at a fairly difficult level instead of easing into things. While the words were known and not obscure, they did call on some more advanced rules of english.

What would be nice is more options to the game so that both kids and adults could enjoy. Being able to change dictionary complexity would help this a lot as this is a word game I think my younger ones would enjoy. Also having the energy bar refill more or having ways to get bonus energy after a particularly bad round would be nice and not so discouraging.

I think I'll pass on buying this one and save my money for a word game in the future.

[Post New]by gelles on Jan 18, 11 12:26 AM
Initially enjoyed the game. It could be great fun. What I don't like is the heavy penalties. I find that having gained 5 or 6 pieces of the map, you forfeit everything you've achieved if you run out of 'energy/time'! I like a challenge but going round and round and finding yourself back at the starting point with nothing to show for the effort and time spent is a dismal disappointment, NOT funny!

The penalty for not completing one pyramid, should be say, you forfeit that particular piece of the puzzle, and at a later point you try for it again. Or as a penalty you get to do the 'make words from the jumble' to gain extra time to complete the pyramid.

This is a good word game and hope that someone is watching the forum and can take some of the suggestions and incorporate into the game.

[Post New]by gelles on Jan 23, 11 2:17 PM
Hi. Seems there's nothing to gain by posting on this forum. Prove me wrong please. We would all like some changes to enhance this game. Any one?

Go to: