The End

IceLore
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:The End

[Post New]by IceLore on Jul 31, 10 7:11 PM
Hmm, I just got done playing my trial (got to Ch 13), and came to read reviews and such for this game before I bought it. I was in to the story line and was going to buy it just to see how it ended....so glad I read here first. lol

Thanks for posting your experiences people.

Grizabe11a
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Grizabe11a on Nov 12, 10 12:05 PM
Hi

I just played through and had the same experience - stunning? stunningly flat, maybe. Ended with butterfly puzzle, a flitting white figure, one blurry word and -- the end? What the heck happened? And no way to replay last scene without starting over? Huh.

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 12:06:14 PM PST

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Feb 27, 11 8:00 AM
That has to be the worst game ending ever!! Left me wondering what the heck happened (sequel, no doubt?) I picked this game up yesterday as a Daily Deal special and was glad I didn't waste a credit on it. I was able to replay the last scene just by clicking on "Play" after the game ended - just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything (which I didn't).

Interesting twist on HOG but way to easy (surprised to see a Walkthrough available - for what I don't know. If the devlopers are going to do a sequel, they better do a much better job before I consider spending a credit on it.

DaniForbes
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by DaniForbes on Feb 27, 11 1:17 PM
I'm glad I only paid $3/so for it. If I had paid full price, or used a game credit, I would have been seriously honked off. LOL

Oh, well...onto the rest of my day of games. I'm gifting myself some time off to play today.

bandtmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by bandtmom on Feb 27, 11 2:20 PM
Terrible, terrible ending. I was very disappointed.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 27, 11 10:42 PM
I muted the music, lovely as it was, just so I could hear the audio narration. It was very faint, so you may have missed it. Here's the transcript:

--------------------------

START

Narrator:

1916. Europe is at war. I don't want to be here anymore.
My daughter and I are going to my grandfather's old manor.
Inhabitants at the nearby village tell us stories about spirits.
They say these spirits drove my grandfather insane.
I'm not scared. War is far more real than ghost stories.

LAST H0 SCENE
(while we're picking up fragments in the garden,
we hear the sound of a baby crying)

Narrator: Baby? My Baby? Darling? (constant loop)
Butterflies: (when we get to the tree) Stop! Don't go any further!

END

Butterflies to Narrator (granddaughter):

Congratulations, child. Your determination guided you to us. Fear not, we have your daughter and she is ok. Come with us now. We are your sisters and are waiting for you.

(fade to white)

Several Decades Later:

(overgrown butterfly garden, sound of footsteps entering)
(close up of floor with locket and a sneaker beside it)

Male Voice: Huh?

(open locket with various scenes flashing)

Text:
For you who found my memories...
I have so much to tell you...

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 4:30:53 PM PST

gum_nut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gum_nut on Feb 28, 11 3:50 PM
I have seen some dumb endings but this one has to be the worst!!! When I got to the butterfly screenI thought the game or my P.C. were faulty,but obviously not,If they do have a sequel I hope it has a sensible ending! I feel we were ripped off with this game.

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Feb 28, 11 4:23 PM
Hi everyone.
I just finished this game tonight. I was flabergasted to say the least. I came here to see if I was alone in the disappointing ending. Misery loves company & I can see I do have a lot of company. I also noted that as the game/story progressed, the 2 scenes seemed to get "shorter".
I'm thinking the dev. didn't know how to end the story so just thought up something weird. Look what they did w/the husband's storyline. I kept waiting for everything to be explained. That didn't happen.
Dvdiva, thank you for giving us all the written finale. As others stated the words were too low w/the music. I had noticed that at the beginning, too.
IF, and I mean IF, they do come out w/a sequel, it had best be the greatest ever written by a game dev.

[Post New]by 1duncan on Mar 2, 11 2:10 PM
when I read the walkthrough I got the impression you have to keep playing the last scene 4 times...which I did because after the post "I have so much to tell you" it kept taking me back to the start of the last scene. I also could not understand what they said at the end except "congratulations"...frustrating and I did not see any "stunning" end either. Live and learn!

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Mar 4, 11 12:00 PM

Glad i only paid 2.99 for this piece of trash. If there is a sequel, i won't be buying.

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Mar 10, 11 2:23 PM
Just finished the game and am confused by the ending. Hopefully there is a sequel. The game itself was OK. Not the best, but certainly a change of pace, which is what I was looking for. Made you think and reason stuff out. Very different gaming experience. I will be on the lookout for another similar, or even the sequel.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 5, 11 3:57 PM
xirone wrote:I didn´t hear what the ghosts / spirits was saying to her, the music drowned the voices. Did get that they had been waiting for her, a sequel maybe?

Can't quote them per se but it was along the line that "we've been waiting for you; we've got your daughter and she is safe -- come with us". After that, you see the locket on the ground being picked up and apparently it's opened up because you see all the scenes that you completed going backwards and then the statement about having alot to tell whomever had found her memories.

Sounds like the possibility of a sequel to me; hope so.

MEnr56

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 4:01:32 PM PST

[Post New]by dianedebt on Apr 21, 11 9:32 PM
Thought my pc or the game had a flaw in it and kept playing the butterfly game over and even thought if I hit "skip the puzzle" it would default me to the next scene. What a disappointment. It was a good game up until then. I've never felt ripped off by Big Fish Games before. I think they should give us a refund on this one. Anyone else feel the same?

Go to: