Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mimi1927 on Jan 3, 18 10:52 PM
I've re installed the game done everything you said and still cannot put the statue back on the shelf next to book case , hopefully you guys can fix this problem seems to be ongoing , never had any problems before...Cheers

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 4, 18 11:56 AM
Hi mimi1927,

I'm sorry that the troubleshooting steps previously mentioned didn't get things working better. Please go ahead and send a message to our Technical Support Team, since the information they can pass along helps supplement our reports we relay about issues players experience. You may also PM one of our Moderators if there are any questions about this or remaining questions about issues you've run into. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by jazzy532 on Jan 10, 18 6:22 AM
Hi, I am trying to play this game, and it does let you play, but, it goes into the game only so far then quits unexpectedly, Please help/

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 10, 18 4:37 PM
Hello jazzy532,

It sounds like this game has been crashing. Let's see what we can do to fix this!

First, please check to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how the computer's graphics display, and installing a newer version (which the developers release to keep everything running smoothly) can fix a number of errors. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode to ensure it has enough permissions. The following help pages will walk you through those processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If these suggestions don't fix your game, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Should any new questions arise, you're also welcome to PM me or another moderator. We're here to provide answers!

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by jazzy532 on Jan 12, 18 1:12 AM
Can you give me that for Mac please, I need instruction of Run as Administrator for Mac.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 15, 18 1:36 PM
Hi jazzy532,

Thank you for clarifying that you're playing the game on a Mac. Macs don't have the same sort of options for running as an Administrator as Windows computers, but we do have some tips for our Mac players that may help out. When it comes to Mac games, troubles can be related to something being wrong with how the game is getting along with some of the software Mac games tend to rely on for how they act and look. Updating or reinstalling Flash and Shockwave are great places to start in those case. The following link has some steps to go through for that:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Should that not do the trick, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can further help. Our Moderators can also address any lingering questions by PM, so feel free to send one to us. We're always glad to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jan 18, 18 4:18 AM
I post this on every game by this developer, and I haven't had an answer yet. If anyone knows how to fix this, please message me. Every game I have played by this dev has an issue with the cursor in the lower right corner of the screen. If I move my cursor to that area, it locks up. I can wiggle the mouse around to free it up, but if I need to click something in that area, like a hint, SG, or the map, it is next to impossible. Once the cursor freezes, if I click, I get bumped out of the game. Not permanently, I can click on the game icon on my bottom taskbar to go back into the game. I don't have this problem with any other game by any other dev, just AMAX. I am running Win 10 on a laptop, and everything is up to date. Like on this game, I got stuck and needed the map. It took me about 5 minutes to actually get the cursor onto the correct spot to open the map. If I can't find a fix for this, I'm not going to buy any more games from this dev. It's really frustrating.

[Post New]by Lini2012 on Jan 31, 18 12:29 PM
I am stuck trying to place the Aries statue in the Bonus chapter. There is nothing else to do anywhere else and it keeps giving me the annoying "nothing else to do here" message for every location, including the one where I am supposed to put the statue, according to the Strategy Guide.

So what now?

[Post New]by Lini2012 on Jan 31, 18 12:36 PM
I don't have loud noises and the game isn't freezing, there is something wrong with this particular part of the bonus chapter, from reading some of the replies on here, people are having a problem trying to place the Aries statue, I haven't got "Europe" for the globe because I can't place the statue.

[Post New]by RHSREBELDES on Jan 31, 18 6:19 PM
judy76073 wrote:
vsvillanoseven wrote:So, I'm in the Bonus Chapter and trying to put the continents in the globe, and it's frozen, also trying to put the deer on the shelf, frozen. Even on the map, there's no indication that there's anything to be done. I'm stuck and can't go further. I checked the strategy guide, and there's no indication that there's anything I missed. It's just stuck and I'm upset.

Anyone having the same problem?

Yes, me too. the only 4 locations available all say "look elsewhere" or "nothing left to do here". I too have checked the strategy guide and that doesn't help.

And here I was, just sailing along with this game until this part.

I am also stuck in the same spot.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jan 31, 18 7:37 PM
Stuck also, can't place the Aries statue.

[Post New]by Hans4001 on Feb 20, 18 3:55 AM
Same problem here. Is there a solution to be expected or should we just quit this game?

Doctor9fan
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Doctor9fan on Mar 16, 18 7:29 AM
Same for me, I can’t place the Aries figure as the magnifying glass doesn’t appear nor can I revisit the room on the right as the arrow doesn’t appear.
I have uninstalled & reinstalled the game but it will take a while to get back to the bonus chapter to check to see if it is fixed but from the look of things here it’ll be the same.
My Graphics card is fully upto date.

Edited on 03/16/2018 at 7:34:34 AM PST

Go to: