clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

Re:Please can we have some response from BFG about the latest announcement on our game

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 28, 17 10:10 AM
Librarian2003 wrote:Nope, still not seeing any message here, no matter how I sign in to the game. The only message is about the game utilizing Flash, but that has been there for a few days.

I just looked on facebook and those people lost their neighbors on Dec 8th. Very strange what's happening.
I only see the message that Librarian see's also.

Re:Please can we have some response from BFG about the latest announcement on our game

[Post New]by _Sweetgrass_ on Dec 28, 17 10:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear that some players are having issues. Like Librarian and clm I was able to log in without any problems and don't see the message that some of you do. I am also a neighbour to Javacupper and aurendel both of whom still show up, at their appropriate levels, in my neighbourhood.

I hope this is sorted out quickly for you.

edited to add: I wonder if this is an isolated issue affecting the site you are playing on? I play on bfg and as stated, am having no issues and the only notice I see is the one concerning adobe flash in a green banner at the top of the screen.

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 11:49:10 AM PST

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Dec 28, 17 11:02 AM
Yeah, I also don't see any message and I also see Javacupper in my neighbourhood, if I didn't come to the forum I'd never know about this. The game looks normal to me

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 11:02:53 AM PST

sammy219
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sammy219 on Dec 28, 17 11:37 AM
Librarian2003 wrote:Hi aurundel.

I suppose it's an oldish game, and I know everywhere is trying to do away with Flash. But certainly I get no messages. *Sigh*

Yes, it's possible I'll see you there, but I don't much fancy playing on a Russian site without an interface, so I'll have to think about it.

*Grump*

Hi Librarian, I am curious about where you are from? Maybe that makes a difference? In my case, once the game loads, ie once it goes through all the startt up stuff and you are finally in the game, there is a message on the middle of the ROM screen, in the same font as the game, telling me it will no longer be supported. It is not the same as the Big Fish site message talking about Flash. Though when I did click through, I had to fiddle with the Flash settings to get their site to work at all, but I was back to the beginning of the game, so their message of game progress being saved doesn't appear to be accurate for everyone. Javacupper, do you see me as one of your neighbours there? The fact that the BFG mods know nothing and, I assume that many other players are, like you, not seing anything is weird

sammy219
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sammy219 on Dec 28, 17 11:38 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:Good morning,

I wanted to take a moment to stop in here and address the concerns that Rooms of Memory may no longer be offered on the Big Fish Games site.

At this time the moderation team has received no information to indicate that Rooms of Memory is being removed from our catalogue.

We will be looking into the reported in-game message that some players mention seeing, and we'll update this thread should we learn more.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and for your patience while we look into this further.

bfgMurrumbidgee
Thanks for responding Murrumbidgee. It is a great river btw and I hope you know it! I don't know if you access the game, but in my case the message from the devs loads once the game has loaded. It is in the same font as the game. If you click on it, you are directed to their game site, but have to start at the beginning. Yes, I understand that you haven't heard anything mate but maybe give it a try to understand. I have contacted them, they gave me advice about FlashPlayer stuff which worked, but I was left starting at the beginning without any of the coins or crystals I had on the BFG site. Which, I guess is understandable, but I feel BFG and the devs need to work out some sort of arrangement so that those of us who have been dedicated players, are not left without anything. It is like gambling, I guess, playing these games where you need to pay real money to progress, and so maybe we are all fools to have kept going and play because we enjoy it. But that is a pretty awful way to run a business, more fools us, I guess

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 11:49:25 AM PST

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Dec 28, 17 11:46 AM
I'm in the UK, Sammy.

No, I get just the ordinary screens when loading, nothing extra.

And like others, I still have Javacupper as a neighbour.

*Scratches head*

Let's hope a Mod can find something out about what's going on.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Dec 28, 17 12:26 PM
Hi again,

Thank you all so much for the information being provided here in the thread.

sammy219 Thank you so much for those details of when the message appeared and what it looked like.

I neglected to mention in my original post that I had checked in my own game to see if the message would appear but with no luck.

One thing I would like to ask is that if anyone sees the message, or sees it again, that they try to grab a quick screen shot of it and email it in to the CS team.

Being able to see what our players are seeing will help us and the teams who work with the developers as we investigate further.

bfgMurrumbidgee

1/26/2018 Editing to add: The moderation team are now able to see the message in their own games. Thank you to everyone who has contacted us with screen shots and transcripts, this has been incredibly helpful.

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 2:12:18 PM PST

[Post New]by Ram8ler on Dec 28, 17 1:18 PM
I sent over a screen shot

[Post New]by Ram8ler on Dec 28, 17 3:16 PM

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 3:38:16 PM PST

javacupper
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by javacupper on Dec 28, 17 3:46 PM
While I opened an account on playme8, I am not having any problem accessing the BF ROM game and intend to keep playing here unless BF determines that they cannot support the game in the future. I trust the BF website but I am not sure that I fully trust the playme8.ru website.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 28, 17 3:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to thank Ram8ler (and anyone one else who did the same) for sending in a screenshot. We've passed this information along to the appropriate teams and are continuing to investigate this message. As soon as we receive more information, we will absolutely announce what we've learned here. We want to keep you all as informed and up to date as possible about playing Rooms of Memory on our website. Thank you so much for your patience.

The Moderation Team also wants to briefly remind everyone to keep the Forum Rules in mind when writing posts. Specifically:

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

We ask that communications with our Customer Support Team and others remain confidential to respect the privacy of all involved parties. Thank you so much for your help with this. Please PM me or another moderator if more questions arise, and we'll answer as quickly as possible.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by pmmarti on Dec 28, 17 9:27 PM
Unable to play on BFG but did set up with new site. It changed my 'name' from pmmarti to pat. I lost all friends but kept my 'level' of 172. if this site isn't safe i don't want to keep playing. Please keep informed. I am wondering if BFG got hacked since the moderators were caught off guard.

sammy219
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sammy219 on Dec 29, 17 1:14 AM
That's an interesting thought! I am still getting the message, but can play on BFG if I close the box by clicking on the x in the top right hand corner. If you click on "continue" you are directed off to the PlayMe8 site. When I try to play there, I have the same username ie Sammy219, but am back to Level 1 with the beginners coins/crystals.I contacted their support, heard back about the flash player issue but nothing about the loss of progress/coins/crystals So I will keep playing on BFG site until we hear more. It does sound dodgy given not everyone is getting the message.Whereas I get it on my current and old game sites. Maybe they are just trying to get more players on their site?

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Dec 29, 17 4:22 AM
I wonder if what they're doing is merging the two games in the background. As in, the version on RU is the version they will load into the BF site.

I already have an account on RU with the same name, don't know how this would work for me.

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Dec 29, 17 4:35 AM
queuester, I play on an imac online too, and I'm able to access both sites of RoM (BigFish & PlayMe8) at this time.

The key is to allow the sites to use Adobe Flash.

moshermind
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by moshermind on Dec 29, 17 7:55 AM
Hello Friends! Yes, this is an unexpected state of affairs...I have been playing ROM for five years and it's disappointing to think it will go away. But my son, who works in tech, tells me Flash is going away so the change to ROM seems inevitable. From the message we saw in the game I went to the Playme8 site and my level, crystals and coins crossed over but - no neighbors - and my user name changed to my first name. I have played ROM on Facebook so I wonder if that's how the PlayMe8 folks knew my first name and used it for my player name on their site. Like others, I'm concerned about the security of playing on PlayMe8 but I do love this game...

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Dec 29, 17 8:03 AM
Well, my Norton is showing PlayMe8 as secure.

I originally found RoM through Yahoo games, which went through the PlayMe8 site. But instead of sending me to my original character or transferring my BFG character, they've restarted me.

I think Flash is the issue. It seems it's being phased out, so unless the developers create a new version of RoM it may go the way of the dinosaur.

We'll just keep our fingers crossed.

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Dec 29, 17 9:57 AM
I always play through the BFG manager. I haven't seen any messages, and my game has not been interrupted. The only thing that I notice is lately the game gets hung up more often.

sammy219
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sammy219 on Dec 30, 17 4:18 AM
Well it all seems very bizarre. It appears that only a minority of players get the message from playme8. It is a bit suspicious that if you click on the message, you get directed to their site, a bit like spam and as our mods know nothing, something doesn't feel right. Or else they plan to roll out the message to everyone eventually, and it just happened that my 2 sites were targeted first. I don't know. As for Flash player, it is due to be phased out from 2020, and that info was released back in July so I don't think that has anything to do with it. But I just don't know, in my gut I don't think it will be good news, but maybe it has all just been a mistake afterall

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Dec 30, 17 5:10 AM
I suspect it probably has more to do with maintenance of the game. Rather than having to support multiple versions, it would just be one. I think that's probably why some of the other platforms were slowly removed. Not long after yahoo was closed down was when the playme8 site version started up.

I would expect that they will probably maintain the main social media sites and BF, where they drive a lot of traffic. It also provides a forum in a language that they don't have to support.

For those who play on BF and who have had the message, are you still able to play your account here? When you play here, are your level and resources increasing on the playme8 site as well?

Go to: