grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds

[Post New]by grammyapples on May 26, 10 8:10 AM
Really enjoying this game, and did purchase.
Very relaxing after being frustrated with another game this week.
Some items are very hard to see but hint button fills quickly.
Easy mini games included.
Does anyone else see the resemblance between Detectives ex boyfriend and Dr.House? LOL

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on May 26, 10 8:21 AM
I think I would enjoy this game but it's very sluggish on my computer, takes 3 or 4 clicks to get thru dialogue and the objects move very slow after I find them. I thought the art work was nice and the story is not to bad but must pass on this one it doesn't like my new computer I guess

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 26, 10 8:25 AM
Hi, I played the hour and have mixed feelings. The first chapter was difficult to manuver but I also had not read help so I might have had less frustration with the map manuvers and all. The inventory items were next to impossible to find but hint filled up quickly and that helped a lot. The cursor will freeze when you randomly click..heh, heh. I noticed as the game advanced the items were somewhat easier to find. I was constantly grossed out but maybe that is similar to being spooked out in other HOG games. The music was nice and relaxing. I'm intrigued by the story line. I'm a Law and order fan and this reminds me of that program. Those detectives are cocky and snide to, and with, each other also. I think it will be a buy for me. I might wait for the memorial day sales...woohooo!!!
Nana

YOU NEED TO SIGN UP FOR A DAILY LETTER TO BE PART OF THE SALE!

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 5:17:26 AM PST

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on May 26, 10 9:36 AM
I like murder mystery games so this was dl'd right away. As someone else said (sorry don't remember who) very similar to Woman's Murder Club. Easy to find objects except for that pillow on lampshade! Had to use a hint for that one. A relaxing IHOG though, hints refill very fast. Music bugged me though so turned that off. Haven't checked out how far I got during hour demo with the walkthrough. That will determine if I buy now or later as a DD or Memorial Day Sale game.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on May 26, 10 9:39 AM
I had an issue with a very slow opening screen, but after that it ran fine. I think I'm having virtual memory issues, though, so it's probably not the game.

I enjoyed the gameplay of this - the scenes are clear and bright and I don't mind challenging hidden object scenes. I don't like any of the main characters, though, and there is some true direlogue. "I'm visiting my mom tonight and don't want to twist my ankle" - huh? It's a shame, because it seems like a good story, but the thought of another nine chapters with those three is really putting me off. A bit more attention to characterisation and this would be a buy for me. As it is, I'll have to think about it.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 26, 10 10:12 AM
I've loved all the Floodlight games so this is a buy for me. BUT I shall (I hope!) restrain myself till the weekend sale.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 26, 10 10:15 AM
Sale ?

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on May 26, 10 10:27 AM
This is a great game! I've played 50 minutes and its a definite buy for me. Will wail until first of month so it will go on my new monthly account. I already have enough for this month. It works great with Windows 7 and was plenty fast moving. The questioning of the family, and others were pertinent as were the ****'s.............
The hint badge fills up fast and overall I say Go for it!!!!
Thanks BFG!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on May 26, 10 10:37 AM
Mixed feelings about this game.

My Likes -- I really like the storyline. It's got a good murder mystery going on. Yes, there is a lot of dialogue, but this makes the story very engaging. The game has hidden objects, mini-games and some interaction. Thus, giving the game some variety. There is no timing, so you have plenty of time to find objects. The hint system is one of regenerating. It does this fairly quickly.

My Don't Like So Much -- It's a fairly basic hidden object game with little challenge other than objects at times being either too small to see or too blended into the scene. The directions for some of the interactions could be a little better. For example, the very first interaction (taking picture of the diary using the program image enhancer). This required several hit-and-misses before figuring out that you have to to certain things in a certain order and that you have to line up the scales exactly before you could go to the next scene/chapter. -- Of course, this might be what playing games is all about -- The directions for most mini-games and interactions are just not that clear.

Bottom-Line -- Good storyline; graphics so-so; challenge, minimum to average; sound, I turned off. Not a purchase for me. Maybe when it's put out as a $2.99 deal.

out of 5.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 26, 10 10:38 AM
This game is a maybe for me. I think it's grittier than Women's Murder Club and I like it better. No problems that I seen with gameplay in my hour demo. Good graphics, story, music. Hint recharges pretty fast. Probably purchase this weekend during the sale. But...I'm waiting on PuppetShow 2 this week, so I'll just have to wait and see.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on May 26, 10 11:19 AM
OLDBAY wrote:Sale ?

Yes. Is there a sale this weekend or are these just guesses?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 26, 10 11:38 AM

Check the Big Fish home page. There is going to be a 30%-off sale for Memorial Day Weekend, May 29th to 31st!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 26, 10 1:34 PM
dianaluna wrote:Have to agree with burning swan--some objects are too small. This will be frustrating for some. I clicked through much of the dialogue. The hint button re-charges pretty quickly. I think this is a buy at the special 30% off!
You 2 should play "Mystery Chronicles : Murder Among Friends", then you would know what a tiny object is, the ones in "the hand that..." seemed large enough to me and quite easy to find. Anyway I got bored after half an hour of the demo. But the graphics are fantastic.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on May 26, 10 1:52 PM
Howatch wrote:

Check the Big Fish home page. There is going to be a 30%-off sale for Memorial Day Weekend, May 29th to 31st!

Great.......sale at the end of the month..... Why can't BF have these sales after the 1st of the month?? Alot of us can't buy these towards the end of the month, due to having no money, until after the 1st of the month. My SS doesn't drop until the 3rd of every month....so, I won't be able to buy any games, and there are a few I did want to buy. Now I'll have to wait, and buy them at full price.......not fair for us others that have limited income....BigFish..are you listening???

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on May 26, 10 1:55 PM
Thank you all again for great reviews.
I'll pass on this one also.
When are we going to have a REAL great game. IMO it's been a while.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on May 26, 10 2:07 PM
Bought it after the Demo and enjoyed it. Took me between 3 - 4 hours so a decent length.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 26, 10 2:10 PM
Very similar to Womens Murders Club like a few others already said, but on a lower standard. Story is okay but nothing special, items are sometimes a little bit tiny, minigames are okay but also nothing special. I will made my decision if to buying it on Saturday (sale on Bigfish!), I will put the game now on my "games for later" (maybelist). Happy gaming!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 26, 10 2:57 PM
Susu2 wrote:I think I would enjoy this game but it's very sluggish on my computer, takes 3 or 4 clicks to get thru dialogue and the objects move very slow after I find them. I thought the art work was nice and the story is not to bad but must pass on this one it doesn't like my new computer I guess

Pretty much what I was gonna say, but I would've taken thrice as long to do it LOL

The irksome bit w/ the dialogue is that most of it's doing nothing to advance the storyline & they even talk to themselves! Was bad enough putting up w/ a yellow balloon popping up every cpl secs when the 2 cops were together. Couldn't pick up HOs until they were done babbling & closing the balloons got old real fast. And the voice bits were faster than the on-screen words but when the voice bits finished it didn't go on till you clicked next & lo & behold there was there missing words & it restarted the voice bits again. Couldn't rapid click on a few objects in a row esp when they were lollygagging their way into inventory. Didn't like inventory or task clipboard not closing. Just way too much clicking to get on w/ it. I actually enjoyed the little bit of storyline there was & the graphix were crisp & well-done for photorealistic stuff & if it wasn't for the sloooow dialogue it would be on my maybe list.

O & doesn't every cop go to work looking like she just rolled out of bed (& I ain't talking sleeping) w/ half her bosom hanging out? That's professional.

BUDDYROSE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by BUDDYROSE on May 26, 10 3:02 PM
I agree with almost all the comments. Floodlight Games are great but this one is not as good as the others they have done. Very similar [almost identical] to Women's Murder Club but not as good. The wisecracking detectives are a little much and what's with the hostility of Captain Vance?! Slow moving too. But the graphics are good, objects sometimes too hard to find but the hints recharge quickly. Am on the fence about this game. I do want to see how it ends. It's better than some but just above average. I think the developers could have done so much better as they have in the past with their games. Maybe when it goes on sale.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 26, 10 3:04 PM
Just finished the demo on this. Thought it was a good game, but didn't like it well enough to buy it. However, I believe it's something that many of the fish in the pond might like, as it has a lot of hidden object searches with some interactive elements mixed in. The hints refill quickly, the custom cursor can be turned off, the graphics were good (though not my favorite style) and I found the music pleasant enough that I was able to leave it on the whole time. (I used the low volume setting, as usual, but many games have such annoying or repetitive music that I have to turn the volume off completely.)

I agree with one of the entries (sorry, I don't remember who wrote it) that said it would be great if they would call the hidden objects by their correct names in the search lists. (I, too, looked and looked for the hidden object listed as "jaws" in this game. Could hardly believe it when the hint showed that it was the dentures.)

I'm sure BFG will soon have some other game I'll be ready to purchase. I've already added six new BFG games to my collection just this month. (Hoorah! That's enough to fill up my Punch Card again!)

Classicaljazz

Go to: