Re:Your Comments and Review for Hotdog Hotshot

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 8, 10 11:51 PM
This is really a cute, fun little game! The main character is hilarious and the accents used for the customers are amusing as well. I also liked the pop-ups which tell you a little about the various places in NY where you are cooking.

I got as far as the 3rd level of the stadium in my hour trial and it wasn't very difficult. It looks like it could get very hairy with all the upgrades that are eventually available. My daughter was watching me play and I promised her I would leave half the demo for her to try. I had no idea an hour could go by so quickly, lol. Now I'm off to purchase the game for the both of us. Thanks BF!

Edited on 06/08/2010 at 11:57:20 PM PST

mrspeel99
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by mrspeel99 on Jun 9, 10 4:55 PM
holy carp! this game just stressed me out. I was clicking like a tuna-fish (lunatic) trying to make those hot dogs and the customers kept wandering away! If I need to raise my blood pressure maybe I'd consider to buy it but I don't think that's a good idea. It's a pass for me.

[Post New]by crissimorris on Jun 9, 10 10:37 PM
So far so good - played about 30 minutes of the trial (now it's time to go to bed) . . .

Not sure if I'll buy yet --- very fast-paced and interesting. I agree with an earlier post though that it would have been better if the customers were on the bottom of the screen. Seems like it will get more and more challenging. I would say my only two complaints at this point would be: 1. I wish the reaction time was better between my mouse & the computer - it seems like double-clicking the items on the grille is a waste of time. 2. i wish I could go to the upgrades screen whenever I want (maybe I'll be able to later?)

I'll try the other 30 minutes tomorrow and then make a decision . . .

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 10, 10 4:27 AM
This game is set in a gameshow setting in New York City, I found it pretty challenging. Be aware though, that the sound of the food cooking might be annoying to some, it didn't bother me at all but my DH said that it grated on his nerves. You basically have customers that are coming to the counter and asking for hotdogs, fries, cokes etc.... This game reminds me of Burger Time with no kiddie mode though. You place the buns on a cutting board and place the hotdogs on the grill while the customers are placing their orders. Of course, it's not all that easy, you will have customers leave, burnt hotdogs, thieves trying to take your profit and more. I found this game to be an okay TM game, though I have not decided on purchasing it at the moment. For the fishies that like TM games, I would recommend to give this one a try.....Happy Gaming !!!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 10, 10 7:43 PM
In this game you are playing against several other fictional players to see who is "Hotdog Hotshot". You get to pick your character out of about 20. Each level is in a different NYC location & has about 6 games. At the end of each level you see how you did against the other players. You start out serving hot dogs & each level gets progressively harder, adding burgers, drinks, fries, condiments, etc. It gets frantic fairly quickly! It is also very hard to get the upgrades as most of the time you (or at least me , are barely passing the levels so have no extra money to buy upgrades.
The characters are cute & have stereotypical NY attitudes. The lady that drives the upgrade truck is hilarious.

This game is for serious fast-clicking TM fans only. You really have to plan your strategy & I found in the higher levels I could only play for about 1/2 our at a time because I would start to slow down. That being said, this game is very addictive & IMHO one of the better TM games out there

princessputter
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by princessputter on Jun 11, 10 5:50 AM
This game compares to " Hotdog Bush"
I always enjoyed playing that online right here in Big Fish
I love love love this game I am a TM ADDICT!!! very fast paced !!!
WTG Big Fish this one is a winner!!!!!!!

nayski
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nayski on Jun 11, 10 11:09 AM
I'm addicted to this game! I'm glad I bought it.

Robotcat
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Robotcat on Jun 13, 10 3:37 AM
I'm really having fun with this game!

I feel a bit stupid though as I didn't realise until yesterday that I could just click on items like fries and coffee and then the customers. I was dragging each one every time and it was so stressful and I had such a headache. I wondered why on Week 6, I had only been able to afford a couple of upgrades and regularly had to retry levels. Duh!

I restarted and am on Week 3 and have 5 upgrades and earned awards finally! My strategy is to constantly click on the frier, coffee maker etc to keep them restocked, and keep my breadboard full of buns so I can see how many burgers/hotdogs I need. I serve the customers drinks, fries etc first and leave the burgers/hotdogs until last so it's easier to see what sauces they want.

Fun game!

[Post New]by aprilmay_sun on Jun 13, 10 3:50 AM
i love this game. but you guys are right. i play until my finger goes numb. but i keep going, it is addickting. i like challenging games. i am on level five. i just wish you could get udates sooner then they let you.

happy gaming.

Edited on 06/13/2010 at 3:50:46 AM PST

teenadash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by teenadash on Jun 13, 10 6:52 AM
I LOVE LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
It is very challenging and that is partly of why I love it. Ans it is so much fun to play!!

I was getting very very bored with games lately. Take DD Boom - NO challenge at all as you can get expert without even trying.

I think Hotdog Hotshot is awesome and its the best game I have played in quite some time.
Personally I hope they work on creating another game in this line.
Perhaps a fast food chinese or beach themed food? There are many possibilites that they could come up with!
THANK YOU!!!!

[Post New]by freeofmypast on Jun 13, 10 7:32 PM
[When do you get to buy the upgrades? I have almost 10,000 in cash but have not been able to buy any upgrades yet. Is there a certain level you reach before the upgrades are available

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 14, 10 10:44 PM
Free,
You can get to the upgrade screen when you have $800 of profit over what you need to pass the level--so it's pretty hard to get upgrades

Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by Mebery on Jun 15, 10 9:20 AM
I have bought the least expensive upgrade and I earn about a 100 extra per day so I am just starting week 3 so how much money I have is 1100 dollars around that of course does that give you enough money to buy an upgrade?

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Jun 19, 10 8:37 PM
Oh me, can you say Carpal Tunnel Syndrome! I love TM games, but my wrists and fingers are paining! This is too fast, too frantic...even for me. It felt awkward somehow, could not get a good flow going. All I kept thinking was "STOP THE INSANITY!!!...

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jun 20, 10 3:32 AM
[b]Hi, I'm on week 8 day 2 with a total of $26,605.00. I have only had one upgrade. I just can't get better to get a upgrade. There are to many things going on. I wish I can get a upgrade. When it says needed I have to go over $750, and that is so hard. What does someone do to get another upgrade? And, is there a way to start all over?

dolcifusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dolcifusa on Jun 20, 10 6:53 AM
Actually, it's boring! After I have bought every improvement, at the half of the game (I haven't bought all them, only the best of every one), the game is repetitive and totally boring.
And I hate the character who burps and farts, really disgusting and inappropriate.

dolcifusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dolcifusa on Jun 20, 10 6:56 AM
So boring I haven't played the challenges at the end of the game, they are only a copy of the story levels... boring, boring, boring!

katabbey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by katabbey on Jun 21, 10 4:41 PM
I tried it first then purchased it. It was fun.

Melissa1978_01
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Melissa1978_01 on Jun 23, 10 3:57 PM
I was playing it for awhile it takes forever to get through some of the levels especially when you need a goal of 750 I stopped and uninstalled at week 8 on the Staten Island Ferry it gets more and more impossible to get through I am done with it so I uninstalled it and never finished.

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jun 24, 10 4:45 AM
[b]SPOILER ALERT

To bfg Flounder,
I have bought a lot of games from Big Fish Games. Some of the games are wonderful. But, Hot Dog Hotshot is not a very good game. Who every made this game should of put a Reset, so if you what to start this game over you could.
From now on, if I buy any more games from Big Fish Games I will look to make sure I can re-start the game if I what to.

Go to: