Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hetmurph on May 27, 10 1:46 PM
I'm also having problems accessing the strategy guide. The screen dims and nothing. Is there a fix?

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sage103082 on May 27, 10 1:57 PM
Same problem with the strategy guide. It freezes the pc and then I get a access violation.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 27, 10 2:26 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you're having trouble accessing the Strategy Guide, it might be a Flash issue. The built-in strategy guide requires Flash to run, so reinstalling Flash should help. Reinstalling Flash is best done via Internet Explorer.

The following help article has more information about updating Flash. Just click on "Flash" under Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave to expand instructions for reinstalling Flash:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 2:29:38 PM PST

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on May 27, 10 2:57 PM
hetmurph wrote:I'm also having problems accessing the strategy guide. The screen dims and nothing. Is there a fix?
same for me! i purchased, i uninstalled, reinstalled and and downloaded updates for flash. no dice!

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on May 27, 10 5:07 PM
I am seriously ticked! I just paid 20 bucks for this thing and waited forever for it to download and, when it's finally ready to play I get the same danged Access Violation everybody else seems to. I did NOT pay 20 bucks just to have problems!

pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

[Post New]by pavlovscat on May 27, 10 5:39 PM
All drivers are updated. Uninstalled & reinstalled Flash. Strategy Guide gives an access error when I try to open it. I am using the demo version.

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on May 27, 10 6:03 PM
I had no issues with the game or accessing the strategy guide during my trial period. I haven't decided whether to buy yet or not - but technical issues were not a problem. For those of you running a Windows operating system - make sure all your updates are installed. Sometimes it does make a difference.

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on May 27, 10 6:34 PM
Same here it keeps freezing and it takes forever from one place to the other I have XP and never had any problems with BF game before and I pay $24 for it too I bought it without trying it maybe they can give us a credit or fix it

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on May 27, 10 9:25 PM
Add me to the list of the "dimming strategy guide" tech issue. Reinstalled Flash and the game. No help.
BFG, do you have a fix for this problem?

[Post New]by woolrich on May 27, 10 11:15 PM
guylee1 wrote:I can not seem to enter the stratergy guide. When I click on it the screen darkens and nothing else happens. I'm stuck at the castle gates and can not go further without it. Help!

lee

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 28, 10 1:29 AM
_DD_ wrote:I, too, can't open the Strategy Guide from the link in the lower right corner. The page dims; when I click on the 'button' again, I'm back in the game, which other than that runs fine so far.
(Actually same behaviour as clicking on the Strategy guide in the Extras menu: page dims, click somewhere and back in the game.)

Very big sigh! For me the SG would be one reason to buy the CE, so hoping for a fix RSN, please...

Windows XP Home Edition SP3 (German), NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, all drivers and stuff updated; anything else you need to know?

Same setup but mine freezes and crashes. They seem to be asking me to do all the same stuff I did a month ago for another game that messed up. not worth it. Fix the game. I'm not a comp tech.

tracylroza
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tracylroza on May 28, 10 4:36 AM
hi,

Funny enough I don't have a issue with the guide. Mine works, but the problem I have is that when the box pops up at the bottom that contains the items you find for the hidden objects, there are not items. It's blank. What could that be? please help!

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on May 28, 10 8:58 AM
I don't have any problems with strategy guide, but the time it takes
when I use an inventory item in the pop-up box, before I regain
control of my mouse and the black screens in betweem scenes
are irritating, to say the least.
After the quality of the first game, I did not expect it in a CE.

This is going to be a long game for me since I cannot stand
playing it for more that an hour at a time,

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 28, 10 10:00 AM
cll1950 wrote: <snip> Fix the game. I'm not a comp tech.
Very well said, and that's it for me this time. As I said, my computer is up-to-date; I'm not a techie, but I have my Gurus for that. But, to be a well-behaved fishie, I re-installed Adobe Flash and Shockwave today - YES, following the Help pages! - and re-installed the game - no change to yesterday:
_DD_ wrote:I, too, can't open the Strategy Guide from the link in the lower right corner. The page dims; when I click on the 'button' again, I'm back in the game, which other than that runs fine so far.
(Actually same behaviour as clicking on the Strategy guide in the Extras menu: page dims, click somewhere and back in the game.)

Very big sigh! For me the SG would be one reason to buy the CE, so hoping for a fix RSN, please...

Windows XP Home Edition SP3 (German), NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, all drivers and stuff updated; anything else you need to know?

And no, in this case, I'm not going to send a Dr Felix or whatever to CS just to be told the same things over and over again. The game doesn't run on my system configuration, so be it. <shrug>

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 28, 10 10:06 AM
_DD, are you running the latest version of Adobe Flash or did you just reinstall the version you had?

Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45.2 is the latest.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 28, 10 10:57 AM
Thanks Mr_Russ, but I said well-behaved, didn't I I did them all according to the Help pages: uninstall, new download, install and - whether they asked for it or not - reboot.

Mr_Russ wrote:_DD, are you running the latest version of Adobe Flash or did you just reinstall the version you had?

Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45.2 is the latest.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 28, 10 11:24 AM
I'm sorry to see that you're still having problems, _DD, and I hope that CS can fix them for you.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 28, 10 11:30 AM
Thanks again, Mr_Russ certainly would be nice if someone fixed it.
I see you're watching 'your games' again, have a great weekend and happy gaming!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 28, 10 12:25 PM
Hello Dear Fishies,

We know that some of you had trouble accessing the built-in strategy guide for the game so we decided to post it up on the blog. Hopefully the issue with the SG will be fixed soon.

Please use the link below to access the walkthrough for the Collector's Edition of PuppetShow Souls of the Innocent on the Big Fish Blog.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/puppetshow-souls-of-the-innocent-collectors-edition-walkthrough/

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

MargieB

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on May 28, 10 12:49 PM
I'm having trouble with the strategy guide getting stuck also. I purchased it for the $19.99 but it is definitely NOT worth the extra money. It's a short game for being a collector's edition. BFISHES WAIT FOR THE $6.99 VERSION DON'T WASTE YOUR $$. You don't get much extra for the $13.00 more...

Go to: