bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 16, 18 2:42 PM
Hello punke,

It sounds like a LUA error is coming up when trying to play the game. This indicates that the game and the computer system are having some trouble communicating correctly. The steps for correcting this error are usually pretty simple. It sounds like you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, so let's try the next step really fast to see if it helps. Please visit the following link for those steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If you'd prefer not to continue troubleshooting, I totally understand. Our Technical Support Team will be in touch as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience while awaiting a reply from them. If you received an automatic reply, please go ahead and reply directly to that message to let our Reps know that the initial reply didn't resolve the issue.

If there are any remaining questions, you're welcome to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to help any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by czjccb on Jan 22, 18 7:31 AM
Same issue with the glitching and flickering - running Windows 10. Downloaded several times and checked for updates on Video card - nothing helps. I did discover that the flickering stops when I take the game out of "Full Screen" and I can play - not ideal...any update on a fix?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 22, 18 5:17 PM
Hello czjccb,

I'm sorry you've run into the flickering issue. We don't have any information at this time about additional updates to the game, but our Moderator Team will be certain to make an announcement immediately if such information becomes available. For now, please go ahead and reinstall the game if you haven't already to make sure the recent update from January 16, 2018, has been applied correctly.

Since the flickering occurs in fullscreen, it may be related to the game not getting along well with the current resolution settings. We can try experimenting with those a bit to see if that helps. The article below has tips to help with this:

Screen Resolution

If the issue persists, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for help. We Moderators are also happy to answer any lingering questions by PM, so feel free to send one of those our way.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by czjccb on Jan 23, 18 9:38 AM
Update - Fixed flickering issue by updating the Graphics driver. Windows 10 - press Windows key and X on keyboard, menu will appear choose "Device Manager", list will appear expand "Display adapters" and right click on your adapter and click update driver. No more flickering! Hope this helps others..

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Feb 5, 18 4:56 PM
Just to chip in, I too have the lua runtime error. I can't even play through the demo. This is aggravating!! Mostly likely not gonna buy for a long time.

[Post New]by bowlfer on Feb 12, 18 9:31 PM
I tried everything and then tried a new profile like another person did and it worked like a charm!

bhewett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bhewett on Mar 5, 18 5:34 PM
None of these things have helped the flickering picture for me. It seems like a good game, I wish I could play it.

Just want to add that I did find an updated video driver today and that solved this problem! I had checked drivers previously with no results but today when I tried, it updated! So keep trying as it probably is a video driver issue.

Edited on 03/07/2018 at 4:26:01 PM PST

Go to: