Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Hotel here!

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jun 6, 10 9:18 PM
Hi Ivan,

Welcome to the pond as well. I have only one question: Is this game to be played in only one direction? What I mean is, does everything have to be done is a certain order in order to have things happen? I found I had to backtrack to get someone I had to talk to and they weren't there. I had to start a part of the game over and do things in order of the walkthrough so I could talk to the right person. Also, I'm following the walkthrough again, but this time, even doing steps in order, the person is not there to talk to.

Just wondering if order of steps makes a difference?

Thanks for a GREAT game. I love it otherwise.

Linda.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 6, 10 11:30 PM
Linda_S_55 wrote:Hi Ivan,

Welcome to the pond as well. I have only one question: Is this game to be played in only one direction? What I mean is, does everything have to be done is a certain order in order to have things happen? I found I had to backtrack to get someone I had to talk to and they weren't there. I had to start a part of the game over and do things in order of the walkthrough so I could talk to the right person. Also, I'm following the walkthrough again, but this time, even doing steps in order, the person is not there to talk to.

Just wondering if order of steps makes a difference?

Thanks for a GREAT game. I love it otherwise.

Linda.

the game is not strictly linear. there are some things that are actually optional (like that broken fax machine at the beginning). If you didn't follow the walkthrough, don't worry,you should be fine anyway

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jun 7, 10 8:29 AM
Welcome to the deep waters Ivan
It's great for a developer to show such interest.

Can you please see the topic "Maze", I am totally stumped by this one.

(I am refering to the one almost at the end, where the heroine
has to retrieve ring for Marc Anthony)

EllieGr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by EllieGr on Jun 7, 10 9:24 AM
Hi,
I played the trial time of this game.
I'm not a beginner in adventures I know how to move around.
So i started the game entered the hotel, went to my room and after that i wondered around the hotel.
Went to the basement I found the symbol under the barrel bla bla.
And then i went to the fireplace, took the matches,went to crime scene the inspector was there wouldn't let me in. I went to my room tried the matches in the firedetector...wouldnt let me do that. So I pretty much stuck there.

I then decided to read the walkthrough to see if I missed anything.
The walkthrough was saying that after you go to your room, you then go down by the fireplace and the inspector must be sitting there to tell you about the fax.
The prb is...when I went at the fireplace (in diff order than the walkthtough says)
noone was there.
As a result, I couldnt do anything, the fax had no option about the papers nore the fire detector about the matches.

I wanted to know..is it a prb with the game ? Do you have to do everything in the order you are supposed to or what?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 7, 10 1:54 PM
the game is not strictly linear. you can do some things in different order then the walkthrough suggests. The thing with the detective on sofa and broken fax machine is an optional quest.

to move forward, you need to go back to your room, combine the matches and plane papers in your inventory. this will start the fire alarm. btw. papers can be found in the basement.

EllieGr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by EllieGr on Jun 8, 10 7:45 AM
I thought the detective dialogue was important to move on.
I have the papers, never thought about combining them cause I thought they were only for the fax machine, according to the walkthrough.
Thank you for your answer.

[Post New]by greatsmitty on Jun 18, 10 8:32 AM
i am stuck in the boiler room on the gauges did what the w/t said but cant get it to go in the red. how do u figure it out. thanks

[Post New]by snakesandladders on Jun 18, 10 9:56 AM
I downloaded the trial version. When I click on 'new game' it shows me a picture of a girl in a hat and then it crashes. This has happened twice. I haven't been able to play the game at all. What am I doing wrong???

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 19, 10 12:48 AM
snakesandladders wrote:I downloaded the trial version. When I click on 'new game' it shows me a picture of a girl in a hat and then it crashes. This has happened twice. I haven't been able to play the game at all. What am I doing wrong???

@snakesandladders
I believe that new version will be become available soon. I cannot tell you the exact day, though.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

@greatsmitty
there is an exact order you need to press the buttons. a hint: start with the button on the top, then move to middle ones, and so on.
you'll see it's not that hard.

Edited on 06/19/2010 at 12:48:52 AM PST

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Jun 20, 10 9:03 PM
I love the game it was in the same types of games lie Syberia, Agatha
Christie, Games were a little easy a couple were thought worthy but I think is should be longer or a sequel. thank you for a very enjoyable evening.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jun 23, 10 4:10 PM
Hello Mr. Bralic, I have just post my comment of this game on the forum, and I would like to tell you that this game is awsome! Congratulations, I am looking for more games from your productions and developers!!

lizdanny
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,252 Posts

[Post New]by lizdanny on Jun 27, 10 8:10 AM
Loved it. No bugs

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 27, 10 11:17 PM
thanks everyone! we're really glad you enjoyed our game!

Bridgelady
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by Bridgelady on Jul 14, 10 5:13 PM
I love the game and would like to finish it....however, I have met King Arthur and now I have to meet Veronica and Cleopatra by the tree in the cemetary....No such luck they are not there. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it twice. If there is a glitch I would like to know about it. Please reply

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jul 15, 10 12:32 AM
Bridgelady wrote:I love the game and would like to finish it....however, I have met King Arthur and now I have to meet Veronica and Cleopatra by the tree in the cemetary....No such luck they are not there. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it twice. If there is a glitch I would like to know about it. Please reply

It is not a glitch. You simply need to do something else before you can talk to Veronica (who will introduce you to Cleopatra).
There's a walkthrough (strategy guide) available on BigFish Forums.

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Sep 11, 10 7:53 PM
Hello, Ivan. I just finished playing Hotel and really enjoyed it. I did have some trouble with the puzzle where you put the marbles on the sarcophagus, and the puzzle at the sewer. I was wishing there had been a skip button, but once I checked the walkthrough I was able to continue.

You were able to succeed in giving your main character a real personality... a confident, intelligent detective with something of an attitude at times. This did not come through in the graphics as much as it did in the dialogue, and it did add a lot to the game as far as I am concerned.

I do have one question: Do you have any more games planned (or already available)? I sure hope so!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Sep 21, 10 5:19 AM
Hi bunnydog,

you can check out our adventures The Legend of Crystal Valley and Iron Roses.
If you like strategy games, then I can recommend our Shaman Odyssey and King's Legacy.
All available right here on Big Fish Games

We're working on several new adventure games, but I can not share any details yet. However, you can always track Cateia Games work and stay informed about our new games.

ps. Glad you enjoyed Hotel!
Ivan

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Oct 7, 10 1:01 PM
Hi Ivan

Wel I did enjoyed Hotel very much.. it was a nice game, good graphics, wasn't too hard, loved the hint system.. didn't need the walkthrough at all.. the puzzles were excellent ... and overall I loved it oh and I loved the ending too!

Btw.. Iron Roses & Legend of Crystal Valley.. are some of my favorite games too.. .. Keep them coming!

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Oct 25, 10 1:09 PM
JUST BOUGHTTHIS GAME TODAY (10/25) SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH IT. WILL NOT LET ME INTO THE GAME. SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT AN ERROR LOADING THE 'LOCATION' WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME?

ARLENE

Edited on 10/25/2010 at 3:24:36 PM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Oct 29, 10 1:42 AM
ARLENEARL wrote:JUST BOUGHTTHIS GAME TODAY (10/25) SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH IT. WILL NOT LET ME INTO THE GAME. SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT AN ERROR LOADING THE 'LOCATION' WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME?

ARLENE

Please, contact BigFish Tech. support. I believe they will help you with this one.
sorry for the inconvenience!

Go to: