mylilpony
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Antique Road Trip USA

[Post New]by mylilpony on May 30, 10 3:59 AM
a fairly standard HOG. I liked the cryptic clues the best and the worst part ( for me ) was the find the difference segments as I hate those all the time. The bluegrass background music was ok at first but the sameness got annoying after awhile. I wish developers would change the music for each scene change. In this game there was an Oriental shop so why not have music appropriate to that culture? The hint system was fairly quick and I liked the pup chewing on the shoe while the next hint was booting up.

Not compelling enough for me to consider buying but I enjoyed the free hour.

herchev68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by herchev68 on May 30, 10 8:06 AM
I have got the best of everything for the shop, I have played all the mini games from the circle. What is the next thing to do?

DCer
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by DCer on May 30, 10 8:48 AM
Seem to be pretty good. Nice graphics. I got to the first screen to find things and found the 1st 5 things then it said I had 10 more left but they never showed up. What's up with that? How do I get the others to show? Already had problems with this. Initially downloaded the trial then had an error & it wouldn't load so uninstalled and reinstalled just to get it to load. Now it doesn't seem to progress.Hmmmm.

Sallyem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sallyem on May 30, 10 9:37 AM
Isn't there a Memorial Weekend sale going on? There is no mention of it on the site today Please, what is the Code to use for the sale? A reply would be
very appreciated! THANK YOU

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on May 30, 10 10:53 AM
I thought it was a standard HOG and very relaxing. Didn't buy anything for the antique store yet because I wanted to get a flavor for what mini games there were. 30 minutes flew by which I didn't expect. Since this is a sale weekend, I'll probably buy it. I'm new to the forums but have been a BF member for over a year. Thanks to CS I found out that Internet Explorer won't let me access the forums for some reason and I have to use the Foxfire browser in order to comment. Anyway, happy holiday and happy gaming.

Gaherian
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Gaherian on May 30, 10 1:00 PM
DCer wrote:Seem to be pretty good. Nice graphics. I got to the first screen to find things and found the 1st 5 things then it said I had 10 more left but they never showed up. What's up with that? How do I get the others to show? .

I had the same problem. After 4 minutes of playing the game, it came to a grinding halt, and I could see no way to progress. I found the 5 items, plus 3 bundles of money, but no way to see the other 10 customers' requirements. Very disappointing.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 1:02:29 PM PST

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 30, 10 2:05 PM
After finding the first 5 items, you have to click on the money to collect it, then 5 more customers will appear and you have to look for another 5 items, then collect money again...etc etc.
Hope this helps you progress in the game.
This game is very similar to Gardenscapes, which is a very good game.

Gaherian
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Gaherian on May 30, 10 2:23 PM
barregar wrote:After finding the first 5 items, you have to click on the money to collect it, then 5 more customers will appear and you have to look for another 5 items, then collect money again...etc etc.

I collected the first 5 items, and the 3 bundles of money. The game indicated that I had 10 more customers, but their names or pictures and the items they wanted, did not appear. I clicked everything possible, but the game would not advance.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on May 30, 10 4:35 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy, playing timed. There is an untimed mode as well.

Playability: Good. No major technical problems, although it did take a little long to download. Cursor could be picky as to where you click sometimes, but rare.

Hints: rechargeable meter with cute doggie ; recharging time is good - not too long, not too easy.

Clicking penalty: didn't notice one; doggie will pop up when you get something wrong in the "guess the object" phases, but it's not that intrusive.

Likes: Nice theme - so tired of ghost stories! Minigames are easy enough to get through quickly. Ability to purchase items for your store and collect bonus money during levels is nice. Music is nice, graphics are nice. Family-friendly game for the most part, although some of the matchbook covers were a little risque.

Dislikes: Would like to be able to skip and come back to the "guess the object" games - sometimes, I knew what the object was, but couldn't find it. I'd like to be able to look for other items and come back to those later rather than waste a hint so I could move on.

Not sure about: Buying items for your antique shop. Once you buy something of one category, can you buy more, or do you just get one and then pay if you want to make changes later? The shop doesn't look big enough for you to buy everything. I did not spend a lot of time exploring this in the hour I had the game.

Will I buy it? Not sure. It was a nice relaxing game - no mysteries to solve, but there's not a lot of variety or challenge to it.

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on May 30, 10 6:59 PM
Gaherian wrote:
barregar wrote:After finding the first 5 items, you have to click on the money to collect it, then 5 more customers will appear and you have to look for another 5 items, then collect money again...etc etc.

I collected the first 5 items, and the 3 bundles of money. The game indicated that I had 10 more customers, but their names or pictures and the items they wanted, did not appear. I clicked everything possible, but the game would not advance.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble w/the game. I think you may not be collecting the customer's money? When you find the item they are looking for, you will see that the little customer icon changes from a request (like "Fan") to a little pile of money. This is over on the left hand side of the screen, in the customer list - not in the main play area. You have to click on that money to clear that space and make room for more customers.

The money hidden in the train station is just extra bonus money.

Hope that helps, and thanks for playing!

(from Boomzap development team)

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 30, 10 7:00 PM
Hi Gaherian:
Perhaps I did not explain myself clearly...sorry.
When the first 5 customers appear and they ask for something, they indicate that they are willing to pay, eg $20, so you find the 5 items. Then you will notice that a bundle of money appears where the customer's face used to be. You click on the money that they give you i.e. 5 bundles, then another 5 customer faces will appear with more items to collect. Each time you find something for the customer, you have to pick up the money that they give you. If you do not pick it up, another customer will not appear in their place.

This does not include the 3 extra bundles of money that you find in the scene.

Hope I was clear in my explanation. If it still does not work for you, then perhaps something is wrong with the installation on your pc.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on May 30, 10 7:00 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It was a nice change and very well done. Enjoyed all the variation.

Gaherian
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Gaherian on May 30, 10 9:14 PM
Many thanks to Barregar and Boomzap. I understand what you mean now, and will spend the next 56 minutes playing the demo.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on May 31, 10 1:45 AM
I think this game was nice and fun, it wasn't too hard, but not boring and I wanted to get all the items for the store. I have completed the demo and I will certainly buy this one, the music doesn't matter to me because I rarely play any game with the sound on, the graphics are good and I like how they take away some of the money if you do not find the item for the customers fast enough, that makes me want to move faster. Over this is a great game and I think well worth a game credit

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on May 31, 10 7:59 AM
General recommendation: Buy especially since there's a sale today.

I really liked this game which is a relief after some of the ones lately. The graphics were pretty good and the objects were not tiny things that are impossible to click on. There is some clever hiding of the objects using color and a couple where a word is used like "bat" which can mean a sporting goods implement or a nocturnal flying mammal. Overall I thought the game was somewhat easy.

There is an optional timer mode which provides more money.when you play that mode but there is a relaxed mode as well.

Hints are given quite freely and even included a puppy which was a cute touch, especially when it was chewing on a bone(?) while recharging. The recharge time was short and there was no limit on the hints. Hints also were available in the mini-games which was especially useful for the spotting of two identical items like the turquoise jewelry or the one non-identical item like the matchbook covers.

The sound was the big objection for me. Personally I am not a fan of country or bluegrass music so that got turned off right away. The game sounds were ok but nothing distinctive other than the puppy barking to let you know you could use a hint or crying a little when the hint wasn't recharged.

One feature I liked was being able to furnish the shop. Personally I love games where you can put your own personal touch on it with furnishing or customizing. One thing I'd point out though is that if you buy the cheap item just so you can have it, you can't trade it in for a more expensive item later. In other words if you really want the luxury cabinet, don't bother buying a cheap one first and save your pennies instead.

Overall, this is a good game with broad appeal to everyone.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on May 31, 10 8:31 AM
I enjoyed it, worth the money.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on May 31, 10 11:58 AM
Not a bad little game. A fairly typical HOG, it is reminiscent of the "Little Shop" games. Your goal is to earn enough money to open your own antiques shop. You travel around helping others sell their "antiques" either by customers asking directly or you figuring out from three clues what they want. Mini-games include spot-the-difference, jigsaw puzzles, and finding multiple copies of one item. With the money you earn, you can then purchase items such as counters, display cases, etc. for your shop as they available.

It's an okay time-waster; not too challenging or difficult. As for me, I'll wait to buy when and if it becomes a daily deal.

Oh, and as for the music, after about 10 minutes, I had to turn down my speakers. The repetition was getting on my nerves.

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 12:04:59 PM PST

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on May 31, 10 10:12 PM
Couldn't get into this one. Repetitive and way too easy.

DCer
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by DCer on Jun 1, 10 1:46 PM
WebsiteBoomzap wrote:
Gaherian wrote:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble w/the game. I think you may not be collecting the customer's money? When you find the item they are looking for, you will see that the little customer icon changes from a request (like "Fan") to a little pile of money. This is over on the left hand side of the screen, in the customer list - not in the main play area. You have to click on that money to clear that space and make room for more customers.

The money hidden in the train station is just extra bonus money.

Hope that helps, and thanks for playing!

(from Boomzap development team)

Thanks so much. I'll try that as it looks like my kind of game. Not great puzzles but fun and relaxing. I really enjoyed gardenscapes & this seems like it. I'll have to try it when I get home.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jun 1, 10 4:35 PM
I tried the demo for this game. I give it two stars. It's just like Luxor Adventures which is a super game except that Antique Road Trip has more puzzles and mini games than hidden object missions. The music is horrific as well.

Edited on 06/01/2010 at 4:37:32 PM PST

Go to: