porkyfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: A Dangerous Game Collector's Edition

[Post New]by porkyfish on Jan 8, 18 7:36 AM
Can't play Domini games when they first come out ...wait for a while maybe update or patch but can play ok months after release ,,running Windows 10 on a 64bit laptop...no problems with other games. anyone else having the same problem??

reg1strar
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: A Dangerous Game Collector's Edition

[Post New]by reg1strar on Jan 8, 18 10:50 AM
Can't get the second half of the ring from the fish tank. Does this mean I have got to start the game again under another name. Too many games going wrong.

reg1strar
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by reg1strar on Jan 8, 18 11:08 AM
spikescajunmom wrote:Also cannot access oil drum. Brand new hard drive, brand new video card. No problems with playing other games. This is a glitch in the game, not our computers. Please have developer fix ASAP. It is frustrating getting 3/4 of the way through the game and not being able to complete it. I really don't want to have to start all over again and play something I just played. Unfortunately, this is a problem that is only increasing in frequency with new games coming out - glitch within game that prevents forward progress or some other glitch that prevents play. I LOVE playing Big Fish and have been a member for years, but they need to do a better job at testing games before putting them out for us to purchase. Just my opinion.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 8, 18 12:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there's trouble installing the game, as well as some troubles opening it up and progressing through particular areas of the game. Let's see if we can get things working better with some troubleshooting.

For troubles installing a game, sometimes there's either another program interfering or the Big Fish Games app doesn't have the permissions it needs to install the game. We have a great help article that contains steps to try to help get things running smoothly in these situations. Those steps can be found here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

As for what you've described, porkyfish, it's not clear exactly what sort of issue is being experienced, but we can try some general troubleshooting that can help a game work better. Please see the following link for more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

When progression issues come up, they can be related to the game's files not working as they should due to a lack of permissions or resources. It can help to check for updates and to run the game as an Administrator to see if that gets things working better. Steps for this can be found here:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

Should none of those tips resolve the described issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Our Moderators are also available by PM to answer remaining questions, so feel free to contact us any time.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by pluie111 on Jan 13, 18 1:08 PM
i play on pc, never could get the oiler, no oil no drill. i m stuck

rosapre
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rosapre on Jan 14, 18 9:51 AM
I can't get the tongs. I played the mini game with the ropes and I can still access the mini game even though I already played it but there is supposed to be tongs in that area and now that I've played the mini game I can't get the tongs. Very frustrating!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 14, 18 2:20 PM
Hi pluie111 and rosapre,

It sounds like there's been trouble progressing in the game due to not being able to get a couple of different items. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

For the oil, pluie111, this is something we've heard reports of from some of our players, and we've passed that information along to the proper teams. As soon as we hear any updates about it, we'll be sure to pass the news along to our players. We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

For now, we can try out some general troubleshooting for progression issues that may help in this case and may also help with the trouble rosapre has described. Progression issues can be the result of the game's files needing some permissions or resources that it currently does not have. We can try to address this by following the steps in these links:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

The next step after that would be trying a different profile in case something went wrong with the save file for the original profile that's leading to the trouble progressing. This is definitely not an ideal solution, and we hope that it doesn't become necessary to try.

If none of the above helps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can offer other help. You are also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We'll be happy to do everything we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

lau_less1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by lau_less1 on Jan 15, 18 4:38 PM
I shall add my displeasure, I am playing on a new Dell windows 10. It is not our machines/ drivers! It is shoddy craft on the part of the Developers, and sloppy QC on the part of Big Fish, ENOUGH!!! Have Pride in what you make and Sell.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 16, 18 11:37 AM
Hello lau_less1,

We certainly understand that some of our players may be frustrated by difficulties they've experienced while playing. I want to reassure that our games are thoroughly tested before they are released, and we do our best to catch as many issues as possible. Due to the sheer number of possible combinations of computer systems, sometimes troubles that only exist on certain setups may end up unnoticed. There are also cases where design elements of a game aren't as successful as anticipated, and we always want to hear back from our players when that's the case.

In both of these cases, our Moderators want to make sure our players' concerns are heard and will pass along feedback provided on the forums to the appropriate teams. Although we are unable to guarantee updates or changes to games, we will act as advocates for our players.

If you would like to contact our Customer Support Team to receive a replacement game, that's certainly understandable. Please feel free to PM one of our Moderators if there are any other questions or concerns. We'll be glad to provide any answers we have.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Challenger4 on Jan 17, 18 8:13 AM
Well, I have hit my SECOND glitch in this game. I really liked the game but the first glitch was a frozen screen at the picture frame on the other side of the river. I had to start the game under a second "player" and start all over again. It wasn't too bad as it was fairly early in the game. Now, however, I had progressed until the Troll section and in the Place of Power I cannot proceed in getting the nails out because I cannot access the oil for the pliers! The table with the oil is closed off and I cannot access it. GAME OVER! I am very disappointed and do not want to start over again. It looks like others are having the same problem. Game flaw!!!

Any recourse on getting my money back??

Oh, and its NOT my drivers....I am on a new HP laptop with all drivers up to date.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 18, 18 10:58 AM
Hello Challenger4,

It sounds like there's trouble getting to the oil. If this is the same oil as other players have described, an update for the game was released yesterday to correct this issue. It may help to uninstall and reinstall the game if you're not seeing the update available in the Updates tab of the Big Fish Games app. Steps for reinstalling can be found here:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If that doesn't help and you'd prefer to get a replacement game or request a refund instead of starting a new profile, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators are also available by PM to answer any lingering questions you may have. We're always happy to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by robjr2057 on Jan 18, 18 2:06 PM
Update did NOT fix oil issue. Any other suggestions??

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 19, 18 1:17 PM
Hello robjr2057,

Thanks for your patience. It sounds like the recent update didn't fix the issue with the oil barrel. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Sometimes, after an update has been released, the game must be restarted for the update to take effect. I absolutely understand if your preference isn't to restart Labyrinths of the World: A Dangerous Game Collector's Edition from the beginning. In that case I would recommend contacting our Customer Support Team; they'll be able to replace the game for you.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. If the need ever arises, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're always here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by marbar15 on Jan 20, 18 12:41 PM
I have purchased this game and am unable to proceed I have got as far as the Get to Charles task but I am unable to continue the hint just says there is nothing to do here at the moment on all areas of the map. According to the strategy guide there should be a HOP in the temple but I cannot access it therefore I cannot continue very disappointed. I have already updated the game. Please advise?

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Jan 20, 18 1:19 PM
The supposed 'fix' to the Mac version continues to fail - the oil STILL cannot be accessed. Beyond belief.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 20, 18 1:25 PM
Hello BarbZH,

I'm really sorry there's been trouble downloading this game and thank you for bringing this matter to the Moderation Team's attention. I'm swimming over to provide help post haste.

When a game won't install properly, I always recommend adjusting the network connection settings of the Big Fish Games app. This can give the game an alternate, and more successful, way of downloading. The help page below contains instructions for that process as well as other troubleshooting suggestions:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should these options not fix the matter, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to investigate the issue further.

Thank you, also, for your patience. Please PM me or another moderator if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: A Dangerous Game Collector's Edit

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jan 23, 18 10:46 AM
There are NO TONGS on the Table with Bowls in the Temple Area.

I was trying to figure out how to get rid of the Cobra in the Place of Power.

When I use my Hint it takes me to the Table with the 2 Crystals & 5 Brass Bowls. checked the SG & the is supposed to TONGS & BEADS on that Table. I picked up the BEADS earlier & used them to repair a Bracelet that goes on a Statue in the Temple but didn't see any TONGS. Later, I straighten out the Ropes on the Table & still didn't see ant TONGS. I need the TONGS to pick up the BROKEN PAN FLUTE in the Mud in the Place of Power.

I can't go any farther in the game without the Tongs.

UPDATE:

I replayed the game & made a Back-up Save before entering the Temple. The Tongs were there but I didn't pick them up. I continued playing & made another Back-up Save before placing the Crystal. When I placed the Crystal, the Tongs disappeared. I put in my Back-up Save then picked up the Tongs & finished the game.

If you place the Crystal before picking up the Tongs, The Tongs will disappear.

Edited on 01/24/2018 at 2:35:32 PM PST

[Post New]by Djanay on Jan 23, 18 5:38 PM
Same as others above on Macbook Pro MacOs High Sierra.
Labyrinths of the World: A Dangerous Game
I can'tI drill the barrel for oil. At this point I am unable to go forward. That area will no longer open and react. Stuck.

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Jan 27, 18 9:09 PM
Same here..Playing on my MAC..Game has been fine until I have to get the oil! Cannot get to it, cannot progress in any of the areas.. Just want you to know that the few that have posted about this issue are not alone. I do love BFG though.

[Post New]by bdatru1 on Feb 2, 18 10:09 PM
I cannot get to the oil either. I don't want to start over.

Go to: