The Inquisitor

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:The Inquisitor

[Post New]by mountfalcon on May 31, 10 2:50 AM
Another bunch of unpleasantly painted scenes and tedious searches - I lost interest in the first scene, but kept going for a bit to see whether there was any improvement, but there wasn't. A good weekend to give discounts - not much loss of profit with this lot.

unitedred7
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by unitedred7 on May 31, 10 2:58 AM
Got bored of this game after half hour too much chat not enough action, deleted already, shame it sounded good.

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on May 31, 10 3:00 AM
Not my "cup of tea" ... or coffee. After playing 12 minutes with 1 hidded object game in that time frame, and few more in the total game time I played of 36 minutes, I gave up. To me, it was mainly a storybook with pictures. The only challenge I found was keeping my patience until another hidden object and/or game appeared. To those of you who like this type of game, have a sticky bun with your morning beverage, and enjoy. Happy gaming!

worthy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by worthy on May 31, 10 3:08 AM
Hi all, I had looked forward to this one but lasted less than half the demo.too much reading and I needed the hint too often.

Old eyes, I was irritated. Can't give it even one thumbs up. Story line didn't bother me or the music but I felt no compulsion to push on.

[Post New]by mauriandlaw on May 31, 10 3:49 AM
I don't purchase straight HOG anymore ( spot the differences = the same )...... especially after getting spoiled by the new puppetshow ( loved it, fantastic game )

games are getting better and better........
I'm fine with HOG, but i need clever and original puzzles too.

This is not for me.

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 4:17:45 AM PST

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on May 31, 10 3:52 AM
Too many spot the differences for me. These old eyes just can't take it. Items in HOG also hard to see. No buy for me.

slester
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by slester on May 31, 10 4:01 AM
I tried it but deleted after 8 min. Will not be buying this one. I agree with others, the dialog is way to slow and too much of it.

[Post New]by Khyfka on May 31, 10 4:36 AM
Very disappointing. After so many of the recent games having a more feminine slant, I was glad to see something with a little darker theme. Unfortunately, the graininess of the puzzle screens made the game less than fun. I also didn't like having to slog back and forth through locations to get to the next puzzle. I don't mind that type of thing when it's integrated into the story but this felt very forced (e.g. a cart is blocking my path. I couldn't possibly go around or over it. I just have to go find a barrel - not just any barrel but a specific one - get an item from it and then end up back in town and forced to walk back). I actually like "find the difference puzzles" but, again, the pictures were too grainy. A few puzzles I used the hint on and, even knowing where it was, I couldn't tell the difference. This might be a worth it as a 2.99 game, but not full price.

Having said that, please do continue with some games that aren't so romantically based. Not everyone who plays these games is a woman. I don't expect a game based on blowing things up (though a military themed game for Memorial Day could have been interesting) but there is plenty of room for more dramatic or humorous games that have different themes beyond "will our love ever be consummated" plots.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 31, 10 5:22 AM
tedderpic wrote:Mine D /Ldg too...... I dont mine the as I play with sound off anyway and skip story line

Well not for me played 30mins......did'nt mine the back and forth..but its so dark had to use to many hint for me....I try not to use them....but had no chose....my head was bobbin all over the place , trying to get the lightest screen..I now have a neck ache. ......Shame but still will see what comes tomorrow.....

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on May 31, 10 6:16 AM
NOPE! i tried to like it, but, i guess im spoiled with all the new IHOGS AND FROGS!

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on May 31, 10 6:48 AM
Yes I agree with most of the comments but I have bought it and would really like to finish it, IS THERE A WALKTHROUGH, I am stuck at the stones at I hope is the entrence to the farm and really do not know what to do.
Any help would be appricated.
Has anyone finished this game!!!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 31, 10 7:02 AM
I agree with everyone who did not like this game. It is unusual for me to quit before finishing the demo, but I only made it to 30 minutes and threw in the towel. My description of this endeavor is dark, frustrating and feels like work!

All that - and I am not a picky game player. BTW, what does FROG stand for?

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 31, 10 8:25 AM
Holiday & a SALE what do they offer me.....a game that you can NOT skip puzzles.

I HATE find the difference, and also would have to go bk and forth with WT to find them!

Sorry, NOT me today

Happy Gaming ( those who like it )

PEN

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on May 31, 10 12:19 PM
aalaurie wrote:I agree with everyone who did not like this game. It is unusual for me to quit before finishing the demo, but I only made it to 30 minutes and threw in the towel. My description of this endeavor is dark, frustrating and feels like work!

All that - and I am not a picky game player. BTW, what does FROG stand for?

FROG is a "fragmented object game" in which the hidden objects are broken into 2 or more pieces.

[Post New]by africangreylady on May 31, 10 12:45 PM
The game looks good and I'd like to try it at least, however, nothing happens when I click on the hidden objects. I see some others have posted that they can't play the game either, so I guess we won't be buying this one! I'm trying an uninstall and reinstall of the game now to see if that works. I tried different profiles, too, but that didn't help.

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 12:52:45 PM PST

[Post New]by africangreylady on May 31, 10 1:04 PM
Nope, the uninstall and reinstall of the game didn't work. The hidden objects still can't be picked up when clicked on. I guess it's time to move on to another game! There sure seems to be a lot of bugs in the new games released recently.

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on May 31, 10 1:35 PM
Eins der miesenstens Spiele von all den buggy Spielen auf Bigfish. Technische Fehler hoch drei und ausserdem kann man das Game unter 1 Std. beenden.

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on May 31, 10 2:52 PM
sadji wrote:Eins der miesenstens Spiele von all den buggy Spielen auf Bigfish. Technische Fehler hoch drei und ausserdem kann man das Game unter 1 Std. beenden.
HUH!

[Post New]by Pani56 on May 31, 10 9:55 PM
In chapter 7 there's a slide puzzle I'm not good with those puzzles can someone please help me out? Tks! : (

Dibur46
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Dibur46 on Jun 1, 10 1:06 PM
I enjoyed the demo so much on this one and I actually had NO problems with downloading it, I took advantage of the 30% off weekend and bought it. I LOVE HOG's but some of the items were just too difficult to find without a hint. I also mute the music on my games (a little too repititious for me), and I usually skip the story when I know what to do.
I was having fun playing the game until I came to the same place as Pani56 did. I really dislike those slide puzzles too! .. I NEVER can figure which square goes where and how to get it there, so I just end up sliding the squares around and around!! I wanted to see "SKIP" but no such luck!! And THEN I couldn't get off of that screen!! Call me a dummy, but I tried to use my ESC key twice.. then I finally had to C,Alt,Delete to get out of it, and of course I am sure that I have lost my place in the game (not that I want to go back to that slide puzzle tho).. unless someone has the answer for it so I can move past it!! Can anybody help us?? please??

Go to: