hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Inquisitor

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 31, 10 7:36 AM
It's a typical HOG. I'm not into those, I like a game that has a storyline. Not something you have to stop here there and everywhere to find objects, which by the way were flipping near impossible to see for me. No thank you I will not be buying this game.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 31, 10 7:38 AM
I haven't played much of the demo yet so it's too soon for me to comment, but I did want to mention that this game is based on a German novel by a writer of fantasy, science fiction, and horror. How closely the game adheres to the plot, or the character of the Inquisitor in the novel, I have no idea, because I am not familiar with the source material. The author's name is Wolfgang Hohlbein and googling will bring up some free-encyclopedia information about him.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 31, 10 7:45 AM
I agree with all of the above. Too bad because this game looked promising but did not deliver.

[Post New]by colorsplash on May 31, 10 7:50 AM
I am not even going to try this one. First of all; The whole idea for the game is offensive...The Inquisition is one of the darkest times in history...Don't agree with us we will burn you at the stake!! Next they will come up with a game called Escape from Auschvitz...That would really top off bad taste subjects for games. I am a firm believer in free choice so I know I don't have to buy a game I find offensive...but I also don't have to frequent a game site that features such a tasteless subject matter............
Secondly the art work is terrible....
Will definitely NOT be buying this one

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 31, 10 7:53 AM
Very dull and drab. I am always swayed by beautiful graphics and this one is not very nice at all.
A no-buy for me.

[Post New]by pepper06457 on May 31, 10 7:59 AM
This one is not for me. Objects too difficult to find. I want to enjoy the game not get eye strain. LOL

Ratred54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Ratred54 on May 31, 10 7:59 AM
This game has no tutorial . it needs one bad& also a strategy guide the blog does
'nt help at all. The game more worth buying if it had these things.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

GREAT REVIEWS!

[Post New]by Kayster on May 31, 10 8:01 AM
Thank you luckylocet, Rage74 and scarlet_11dy6 for the great comments.

Your reviews are exactly the kind I need to decide whether to spend my time on this game or not.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 31, 10 8:07 AM
I believe I beta tested this game some time ago. I like the story line a lot. I didn't seem to have the issue with dark scenes as many others did, and it moved at a decent pace. Either I had the volume down too low or the music was fine because I don't recall it being annoying, which can be a big issue for me when playing any game. The length of the cut scenes was a bit bothersome, as were the find the difference scenes. I dislike those to begin with and these were more diffiuclt than most. I found myself using hints for more than half the objects. The story line is intriguing and I find myself half tempted to but the game to see what happens, but I think I'll pass.

RNJD4949
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RNJD4949 on May 31, 10 8:09 AM
I just spent 45 minutes trying to play this game and I am exhausted. This game is not fun, it is work. I agree with what has been said before. Some of the objects are impossible to find and even with a hint it takes a while to click on the exact spot. The story line is so slow, so boring, so trite. You keep hoping she is a witch, at least maybe something would happen. The color scheme is depressing. I was excited to actually see some color in one of the wood scenes. Even at 30% off the game club price this one is a definite pass.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 31, 10 8:26 AM
I actually liked this. Am not going to buy just yet because I'm very self-restrained (LOL) and will wait till June. I sort of liked the very slow pace which I thought suited the times. Liked the story very much.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on May 31, 10 8:28 AM
Straight, regular HOG? Another one? Not into those anymore. Soooooooo, I'll pass on this one again.
Thanks all for the reviews + and -.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on May 31, 10 8:32 AM
This would've been a great game if the graphics were better.

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on May 31, 10 9:05 AM
I agree with "cherbtoo" about being treated like naughty school children when we click too many times. I sometimes wonder what kinds of parents some of these game designers had.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on May 31, 10 9:06 AM
Alas, I have to agree with the naysayers about this game. I actually like the story bits, even though reading through the cut scenes does really slow down game play far too much. And the dull, mostly colorless graphics do make the searches especially hard. However, I decided to give this game a pass when, to my horror, there was a spot-the-difference game placed in the *worst* scene for such a game - the graphics were almost completely black, gray, and white. It was nearly impossible to spot any differences without using numerous hints, and the eye strain quite literally made my eyes ache.

I loathe spot-the-difference games anyway, and having to find fifteen nearly invisible ones killed my interest in this game deader than the pharmacist. (And shouldn't that have been apothecary to be historically accurate?)

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 31, 10 9:14 AM
I find myself agreeing with the already posted pro's and con's on the game. At this point, it's a no purchase for me. Maybe someday for $2.99. Maybe.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 31, 10 9:38 AM
I just finished playing the demo. Well made; but dreary, gloomy, gray, and a horrific time in human history. The story definitely had my interest though.

Trying to find objects against the stone walls was like trying to find a polar bear in a snowstorm, and the spot the difference scene was so dastardly, I couldn't see the differences even after using the hints to find them. Out of 15 differences to spot, I used 4 hints, waiting each time for the hints to recharge.

I don't plan to buy it unless it's a daily deal.

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 9:41:08 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 31, 10 10:00 AM
I trialed this game, months ago, and chose not to buy it then for most of the reasons listed by y'all. I will probably buy it during a drought...the first two weeks of the month, since the punch card thing started...hogs are kinda hard to come by then. If I remember correctly, this is one of those games (HdO?) where most items are extremely tiny, very undefined, and generally frustrating. But there are times when I find them a challenge, and will play them...but not today, lol.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 31, 10 10:02 AM
After struggling to finish the demo--couldn't do it, still had 13 min. to spare, I think I'll have to take a nap! Way too much reading. So much that I actually forgot where I was and what I was supposed be doing. In the first Spot the Differences game, I thought I was going along pretty good, spotting the differences, until I looked at my remaining items and was lacking 5. Criminy, hint..load, hint...load, etc. Uh uh-not for me!

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on May 31, 10 10:04 AM
I liked this game, though I didn't stick around for the drawnout storyline. I hit skip every time and just read the diary/journal afterwards, much faster. My only criticism and it made it so I can't finish the game is: I'm on the slider puzzle, almost at the very end of the game and I'm terrible at these. With no way to skip the puzzle, I guess I'll never see the final scene or ever know what happens at the end. Too bad for me. I sorely wish I hadn't spent the money on this one and that's rare considering how many hundreds of BF games I've purchased.

Go to: