ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:A seriously unpleasant game - needs a parental guidance warning

[Post New]by ojennifer on Jul 22, 11 7:06 PM
my sister has 5 kids. 5. two teenage boys and three girls under the age of 10. the computer is in the living room right next to the tv. everyone can see what they are playing. it has computer password and they cannot download anything without her knowing about it.

that's because she's the parent, not BF. I do not play at club penguin or dora the explorer games, and I would hate to see BF turn into seseame street.
if you don't like the game, don't download it, or play it.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Jul 22, 11 7:42 PM
When I was 14 I did what my mother said! Not the other way around! Not that the problem are the same, but the premise is. Parents have obligation to guide their children, with a firm but fair hand. Not let them govern their own upbringing. I am now raising 3 grandsons 13, 16, and soon to be 18 years old since 99. I know what is appropriate for the 18 year old isn't appropriate for the 13 year old. And I decide what that is! The computer is in my living room and I monitor it's use according to who is present. The boys have cable TV in their rooms but I have used the Parental Control feature on each set, according to their ages. The same for their video games. Do I get complaints? You bet! But as I told them, "This is not a democracy, I am the supreme ruler"! This is MY obligation to them. BTW, Not 1 of them go into my purse for a dollar, much less charge anything to my account or credit card! But one misstatement was made earlier in this thread, you can be your childs best friend, they just don't know it yet.

Edited on 07/22/2011 at 7:43:35 PM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jul 22, 11 11:24 PM
Yay! Use common sense! And I totally resent the latch key excuse, I raised my daughter by myself, and I carefully monitored what she watched. No way would I have a computer without a good kid lock on it. If you have kids, take the responsibility for them, or don't have them. It's a pretty sick society, when we have to have Big Brother monitoring our children. I'm pretty sick and tired of people coming on here wanting everything controlled for them, god forbid there should be spiders, vampires, murders...Why the heck are you even on here if you are so easily offended?

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 23, 11 6:57 AM
LadyDream wrote:Yay! Why the heck are you even on here if you are so easily offended?

That is the $64,000.00 question for a lot of threads here.

Some folks, I think, just enjoy saying "EEK!". (* )

* Insert usual legal disclaimer here regarding people who have true phobias, horrific memories, etc. etc. etc.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jul 23, 11 7:01 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:An ESRB or PEGI rating for a game may help both sides of the argument.

Exactly, I agree 100%,especially since the ONLY "kids" games I see here at BF are what most would say are only suitable for 'TODDLERS'!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jul 23, 11 7:08 AM
usignuolo Valid point! After getting a game here that was full of cursing including the Lord's name used in vain,I asked BFG why they do not even include any industry standard standard ESRB game rating or even some warning of their own on the game info page,but no one even bothered to answer! I was just given a free game coupon to get a game that was not offensive to me.

I think it should be a Download game-site's responsibility to provide such information!

After all if you buy the hard-copy in a walk-in store the info is on the game!

I'm sorry to see the insults directed at you and attacks on your parenting ability here for your post! Big HUG!

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 7:19:58 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 23, 11 7:52 AM
Hello everyone,

As this thread is a bit old and because a number of posts are not in line with our #1 Forum Rule:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish Games employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

I will be locking this thread. There are a number of opinions in the pond and although there will be opposing views on various subjects, we ask that every user please remain respectful.

If you ever come across a post that you're concerned about, please get in touch with a Moderator and we'll be happy to help. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: