sticker album

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Re:sticker album

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Feb 1, 18 4:45 PM
gohill wrote:
Teel59 wrote:So - to sum up - you do NOT get the 4 missing stickers from normal play - you MUST buy them using coins?

I don't know if you MUST buy them using coins... but, after about 10 months of only needing those last 4 stickers and just getting dupes from the game itself, it sure does feel like it's the only way to get them....

No, you don't HAVE to buy them using coins . . . . as I have said before, I have received two of them from normal play.

However, the last one was at the beginning of May 2017, so 9 months and 870 dupes later, I have still not received the other two, and I am beginning to lose hope of ever getting them.

But I too have much patience, and I will NOT be buying them!

Gohill - thank you for your experiment, and I found it very interesting, and telling, that you DID manage to get all but one of these stickers by buying them. I know you provided your total loss figures, but just out of interest, do you have a note of the number of dupes you received from the buying in each game before completing the set - for comparison with mine?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 1, 18 6:13 PM
Kuddles3 wrote:
gohill wrote:
Teel59 wrote:So - to sum up - you do NOT get the 4 missing stickers from normal play - you MUST buy them using coins?

I don't know if you MUST buy them using coins... but, after about 10 months of only needing those last 4 stickers and just getting dupes from the game itself, it sure does feel like it's the only way to get them....

No, you don't HAVE to buy them using coins . . . . as I have said before, I have received two of them from normal play.

However, the last one was at the beginning of May 2017, so 9 months and 870 dupes later, I have still not received the other two, and I am beginning to lose hope of ever getting them.

But I too have much patience, and I will NOT be buying them!

Gohill - thank you for your experiment, and I found it very interesting, and telling, that you DID manage to get all but one of these stickers by buying them. I know you provided your total loss figures, but just out of interest, do you have a note of the number of dupes you received from the buying in each game before completing the set - for comparison with mine?

I didn't keep track of how many dupes... did sell them off when they reached about 50 before buying more packs... Since I've been selling dupes for about 10 months, who knows just how many dupes there have been, I imagine it's in the middle to high hundreds...

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Feb 2, 18 7:38 AM
gohill wrote:

I didn't keep track of how many dupes... did sell them off when they reached about 50 before buying more packs... Since I've been selling dupes for about 10 months, who knows just how many dupes there have been, I imagine it's in the middle to high hundreds...

OK, thank you. I was actually meaning the number of dupes (or sticker packs) you bought during the experiment, not previous ones, but never mind.

In the meantime, I have done a few calculations. If we take my dupes during the last 9 months, 870 (I have rounded that up to 900 for easier sums) . . . . that equates to 300 sticker packs - remember I have not received one new sticker from them.

If I had BOUGHT 300 sticker packs at 125 coins each = 37,500
If I had sold all 900 dupes at 5 coins each = 4,500
Total cost (or loss) = 32,350 coins, less reward of 750

Gohill's experiment shows that the missing stickers DO show up in bought packs, at anything from a loss of 1000 (very lucky, in my opinion!), to 10,000 or 13,500.

This seems a very expensive way to get a reward of 750 coins, so I shall not be pursuing that route. I figure my coins can be better used in future Worlds, and I work hard to hang on to them!

It does reveal that the odds of getting them from bought packs are far higher than waiting for them, and that there is a serious problem with the normal in-game drop rate, which the developers have chosen to not fix. Instead they have been intent on reducing the provision of coins to us.

I find it very strange that they are so stingy in this game, when in Midnight Castle (made by the same developers) they have just had a Xmas Event showering up to 750,000 coins on players, when there is no shortage of coins or ways to get them in that game in the first place!

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Apr 25, 18 7:30 AM
Before this Forum goes, I just thought I would give you an update on my stickers. It is now a full year since I got my last one at the beginning of May 2017, to bring my total to 98/100.

Until September I was selling the duplicates, but since then I have saved them. Since September I have received 334 sticker packs (all dupes) and now have 1002 duplicate stickers. I estimate that I sold 500 between May and September, so that is a total of 1500 dupes in the full year. If this doesn't illustrate that there is something wrong with their sticker provision, I don't know what will.

I am now going to cash them all in for the useful 5000 coins, and will start again for another year to compare. I have no confidence that I will ever receive the missing two!

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 25, 18 8:52 AM
Kuddles3, if anyone believes that they can complete their album without purchasing sticker packs, I will be glad to sell them sticker packs and the Brooklyn Bridge! I'm sure that is NOT a glitch, but just one more change to make the game more difficult to proceed without making purchases. Just like the change to selling fireflies. Oh well, the game can still be fun - just less so. Good luck in the future. Will miss this forum.

Go to: