gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:New Suggestion for Devs.....Champion Cat!

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 7, 18 11:27 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:I agree with TiramaSue (and others) that there should be some way to win the Champion Cat for those that want it. However, I do remember some players who had won the Cat were upset by the idea that others could win it more easily than they did by winning the tournies.

The suggestion I made in my previous post was to make some change to the Cat (by whatever new means developed to win it) so that those who wanted it would be satisfied and those that won it by playing the tournies would be satisfied.

And, yes, as Astra said, the forum was filled with venom surrounding the tournaments. Don't ever want to see that again.

No kidding.... as if the drama wasn't bad enough in the first place, the devs make an achievement that increased the drama ten-fold?!?!!?... When that achievement was added it fell into the category of: The only way this could go wrong is ... IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Emmzy500
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Emmzy500 on Jan 7, 18 11:29 AM
I don't think a lot of people would be patient enough for the puzzle idea! I do puzzles a lot but it is rare I win all things I asked for since it's just luck, I wish there was some trick to it, then you just nee to work it out! I did puzzles everyday for a month and did not win all things I asked for, I was lucky if I got the second or third thing to be honest! It did discourage me a lot and made me take a break from doing puzzles, so I am not fond of that idea just because a lot of people might not get it and it is all luck! But I do think another way would be good that is challenging but not depending 100% on luck. It would be interesting to see though! I know everyone on the forum would be every supportive of it

kiki232627
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kiki232627 on Jan 7, 18 11:33 AM
I already have the champion cat and it was the only reason that I participated in the tournament which I hated. I don't mind if other players get it. There has been so many changes in this game that I don't care if there are more. For example when I crafted the pegasus I had to pay 50,000 coins now it's only 5,000 coins, should I be angry with other players because it was easier for them? Of course not!
So my suggestion would be to just create a new egg that can be won through the WOF. And maybe make the required items to craft it a bit more difficult like unique stamps or a crafted item.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 18 11:42 AM
gohill wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:I previously suggested this in the Suggestions for the developers thread:

As a replacement for the tournament achievement:

win all the prizes available guessing the correct hand (Jigsaw puzzles)

Rewards would be the same as the tournaments (progress previously made on the tournaments would be transferred over)

Requirement would be EXACTLY the same as the tournaments were (so to get that orange cat, a player who had never played the tournaments would need to win all the prizes 10 times)

So:

1. Hero (avatar) - win all the prizes 1 time
2. Heroine (avatar) - win all the prizes 3 times
3. Champion (pet) - win all the prizes 10 times

ETA: I already have the cat, so obviously I have no problem with players getting the cat and avatars through a new, challenging achievement. Perhaps the avatars and cat could have a subtle difference so that it would be able to tell how they were earned.

I DO like this idea!!!!! though, they may want to change something about the avatars, like hair color, to distinguish between the ones won on the tournaments and the ones won by playing the puzzles... or not...

How about: change the color of the medal around the cat's neck?

For the avatars, change the color of the medal or change the color of the medal's ribbon?

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 7, 18 12:52 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

For the avatars, change the color of the medal or change the color of the medal's ribbon?

That's exactly what I suggested...although I did say collar (for the cat not the avatars) and not medal. But changing the medal is a good idea.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 18 12:58 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

That's exactly what I suggested...although I did say collar (for the cat not the avatars) and not medal. But changing the medal is a good idea.

I looked at my cat and the collar isn't all that visible.

Changing the medal on both the avatars and the cat would probably be the neatest solution. Maybe put a "P" for puzzles on the medal.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 7, 18 1:37 PM
All excellent ideas, TiramaSue....

Idea about winning all 3 items and achievement therewith associated
Change color of medal
Put a "P" on the medal

Yoo hooo.......any Mods swimming by???????????

Some good ideas here to pass on to the Devs!!!!!!!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 7, 18 1:41 PM
No; just hurry up bringing back the tournaments.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 7, 18 1:42 PM
And..... before pushing out the new achievement and the new Champion cat..... perhaps they could include in a mini-update prior to that release ..... changing all the current Champion cats to have a medal with a "T" on them!

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 7, 18 2:50 PM
Playing since a year with no tournament I so much would like to get one!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 7, 18 3:08 PM
I really like the idea of making the medals different. And the "T" for tourney appeals to me.

We've only touched on the vitriol that was spewed here on the forum during the time of the tournaments. Hope that was a lesson well learned and they are gone for good. Don't ever want to read stuff like that again. It was terrible.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 7, 18 3:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all of the great suggestions! It's always amazing to hear what our players enjoy and would like to see in our game. I'm happy to pass along the details of this thread to the appropriate teams. Keep the ideas coming!

bfgArinelle

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 7, 18 3:43 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all of the great suggestions! It's always amazing to hear what our players enjoy and would like to see in our game. I'm happy to pass along the details of this thread to the appropriate teams. Keep the ideas coming!

bfgArinelle
Thank you, bfgArinelle!!!!

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jan 7, 18 4:55 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

bfgArinelle
[size=24]Thank you, bfgArinelle!!!![/size]

DITTO!!

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Jan 7, 18 5:57 PM
I played the tournaments for a while, but just wasn't that into them and didn't think I wanted to spend the time to get really good when I preferred to spend time in the game. I think the Castle Challenges are much better than the tournament.

I didn't start reading the forum until after the tournament was stopped, but the descriptions of what it was like are so sad. One of the great things about this forum is the positivity. It is fun to read and the veterans are always so patient with the newbies. Any competition is good-natured and not offensive.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 7, 18 6:28 PM
Susanna502 wrote:I played the tournaments for a while, but just wasn't that into them and didn't think I wanted to spend the time to get really good when I preferred to spend time in the game. I think the Castle Challenges are much better than the tournament.

I didn't start reading the forum until after the tournament was stopped, but the descriptions of what it was like are so sad. One of the great things about this forum is the positivity. It is fun to read and the veterans are always so patient with the newbies. Any competition is good-natured and not offensive.

It didn't take long to 'get good' at the tournaments...just like it takes a bit of time to get faster times on ANY new hos.

I am stubbornly crossing my fingers that the developers really are working on bringing them back into the game.

IMO, they were more fun than the puzzles.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 7, 18 6:42 PM
High scores in the tournaments weren't achieved by clicking the items fast; it all came down to the randomness of the wheel. And when that was brought into question, ugly accusations were made.

I'm game for anything new, but I say let the tournaments RIP.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 7, 18 7:43 PM
The tournaments were sort of fun for all .... except there were the occasional player figuring out how to game the system and being accused of cheating....

The problems really didn't escalate until the achievement was brought out .... which IMO should never have been created..... Plus, it was a rare reward system considering that NO other achievement had as a reward: avatar, avatar, and pet

Yes, I prefer they stay in the history of the game .... but TiramaSue's suggestion about how to create a new achievement that is equally fair to those who have already earned the Tournament achievement is the best one anyone has come up with..... especially with the coloring of the medallion and marking one with a T and one with a P.

I reeeeeeeeeeeellllly hope the Devs do more than consider it. Plus, with the Puzzles, the only person you are "playing against" is yourself and the "darlin' little child" -- who cheats just like the Wheel .... heehee.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 7, 18 9:28 PM
They could bring back the achievement, just change the requirements...instead of being in top 100, just award for playing the tournament so many times.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 7, 18 10:46 PM
susiewastaken wrote:They could bring back the achievement, just change the requirements...instead of being in top 100, just award for playing the tournament so many times.
When the achievement was created, it should have been for playing x number of times ..... however, it was for actually being in the top 100 for 10 times ..... To now bring back that achievement with the requirement of only playing to earn the avatars and cat would invalidate the original one for those players who earned it.....

That would not be fair for those who earned it by being in the top 100 because many spent much effort to get that achievement....others tried many times and were still unsuccessful..... it was mentioned many, many, many times after the achievement was created that it was an unfair achievement and it should have been changed back then to playing x number of times. The Devs chose to not honor that request.

The Wheel made it possible for more players to have a chance of winning that achievement --- yet it also had issues that some were able to take advantage of and win in an unfair manner.... the Devs tried several times to change it so it could not be "tampered with" but were unsuccessful. I would rather they spend time developing new content than trying to fix something broken that has no game advancement relevance.

(They also tried the in-game messaging for awhile and scrapped that because it was not worth their efforts -- I would rather they bring that back than the tournaments.)

Go to: