Re:Post any AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyBlue on Jun 17, 10 8:55 PM
As Martila's earlier post suggested the problem is not necessarily screen resolution, but screen refresh rates (or at least it was for mine). AGON has a default refresh rate of 85 - try setting it to 75 or less.
You may be able to see the refresh rates your screen will handle under the Properties (right click on desktop, select properties, then settings then advanced).

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Jun 18, 10 4:10 AM
I had no trouble downloading this game...agon FROM LAPLAND TO MADAGASCAR..... trouble is I AM STUPID...the man gets off the train and then what???????? I cannot budge from there...now where do I go? arrows go nowhere...help....and there does not seem to be a walk through either......frustrated magi

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 18, 10 9:58 AM
ermajackson121 wrote:I ...now where do I go? arrows go nowhere...help....and there does not seem to be a walk through either......frustrated magi

First of all, try to turn around. To do this you have to press the left mouse button and hold it down while turning left or right slowly. Do it really slowly until you get used to it! Once you turn you will find a door that leads to the station office. The cursor will indicate that you can enter.
To move ahead just click when you see an arrow in front of you.
There is a description of the controls in the game under the F menu.

You will find a thread about walkthroughs on the game (or The Mysterious Codex) separately in this forum.

Good luck

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 1:32:02 PM PST

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Nov 13, 10 1:44 AM
MARTILA...so sorry - not been on here for ages..will re-install this game one day...taken note of your advise...

now, I am stuck with twisted lands shaaddow town,,,in the church - those slabs that have the windows image on them..I know the pattern on the window - just don't match???

have you noticed there are more COLLECTOR's editions lately..????.I have purchased a couple...but not happy with the extra game...too short... I might as well buy two separete games...not good value for money...magi

My paid for version lasted as long at the demo

[Post New]by nanajanet1954 on Apr 22, 11 10:57 AM
I played the demo, which ended going to lapland on the train and then no more. I did not get 60 minutes.

Okay, I decided to buy it, but guess what? It does the same as the demo. I cannot get to Lapland. It brings me back to the only option of NEW GAME. Even though I find this one boring, I would like to finish it, just the same, unless you give refunds.

I deleted the game and installed it again, and it still does it. Please help. Thanks.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 22, 11 12:10 PM
Hey nanajanet1954,

Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can help you with this issue. If you'd like to try some troubleshooting steps in the meantime, you can take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by nanajanet1954 on Apr 22, 11 1:54 PM
Thank you so much.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

My paid for version lasted as long at the demo

[Post New]by Martila on Apr 22, 11 11:55 PM
nanajanet1954 wrote: . It does the same as the demo. I cannot get to Lapland. It brings me back to the only option of NEW GAME.

Make sure you get AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar. It has to start with arriving to Lapland, so you may have either an installation problem or you got the other game for some reason.

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Mum22 on Jun 7, 11 7:46 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or me....but the "hand" is not showing up for me to remove the "step" (board) in the treehouse so I can't get up it. Thanks for help.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 8, 11 4:18 AM
Mum22 wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or me....but the "hand" is not showing up for me to remove the "step" (board) in the treehouse so I can't get up it. Thanks for help.

I think you have to turn back and look down, as much down as possible. It is quite hard to see but make sure you move the cursor along the very bottom of the screen. Close the inventory if it happens to be open, it helps visibility.

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Mum22 on Jun 8, 11 3:01 PM
Thanks - I'm finally getting the hang of the controls.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jul 3, 11 3:48 PM
Could anyone please explain in an easy-to-follow manner how to install game saves for this game? They should be copied in the following directory in XP:

....username\Application Data\Private Moon Studios\AGON_Bfg\Save\slots\agon_01.sav ...to agon_08.sav

It is a little different in Win7.
The problem is that the username is hard to determine and the Application Data/Appdata directory can be hidden so it is really difficult to do.

Please help, Thanks

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 3:49:18 PM PST

[Post New]by cheddarmelt on Aug 18, 11 3:32 AM
How do I get the letters to go away? I pressed every button on my keyboard, and i left-clicked and right-clicked everywhere. What am I missing?

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Aug 18, 11 2:27 PM
cheddarmelt wrote: How do I get the letters to go away?

Are you vewing the desk with the map and with the letters and postcards? If yes, there is an X button (Exit) in the lower left corner. Click on it with the left mouse button.

LARRY178
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LARRY178 on Aug 19, 11 12:37 AM

I get the input not supported error. I attempted to change the refresh rate by using right click - graphics properties on a blank spot on the screen. I am using Vista (ugh). Anyway, I am able to set my refresh rate (which was 60 hz default) up to 75 hz but not to 85 hz, which is default for the game.

When I try 85 hz, I get the input not supported as soon as I set the rate. Guess my Acer monitor does not support 85 hz, although the screen is fine except for the dang floating box. I was unable to find an application data directory as suggested by one person - not using Win7, using Vista.

I love puzzle games - and this looked like it might be a good one. Too bad. . .

Larry

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Aug 19, 11 11:57 AM
LARRY178 wrote:
I was unable to find an application data directory as suggested by one person - not using Win7, using Vista.

There's a simple trick to find the Application data directory:

From the Start menu:
Start / Run
Type or copy this text: %appdata%
(use percentage signs!)

The Application data directory should come up.

LARRY178
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LARRY178 on Aug 19, 11 2:11 PM
Thanks Martila

Also, I found two agon directories

AGON_bfg
AGON_London

Both had save sub_directories AND both had .ini files that had to be modified to change the refresh rate. I am gonna try it now with the changed refresh rate and report back if there is a problem. If I say nothing, it worked.

And thanks again. %file% is something I had not used in a years and had forgot all about.

It was called [user name]/appdata/roaming/Private Moon Studios/agon_bfg and agon_london <- roaming is a stange name for a place to put appdata.

Larry

Edited on 08/19/2011 at 2:15:29 PM PST

Richarm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Richarm on Aug 28, 11 4:48 PM
cheddarmelt wrote: How do I get the letters to go away? I pressed every button on my keyboard, and i left-clicked and right-clicked everywhere. What am I missing?

It seems after I looked at the 2nd set of letters it freezed. I could go from pg1 to pg2 of the letter and not the map or X out of it. This seems a bit odd after 30 seconds into the game.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Aug 28, 11 10:16 PM
Richarm wrote:It seems after I looked at the 2nd set of letters it freezed. I could go from pg1 to pg2 of the letter and not the map or X out of it.

Richarm, you can exit from a letter view if you move the cursor to the very bottom of the screen. It will become a down-pointing arrow and then you have to click.
Certain close-ups have no X button (basically the readings) and in these cases that's what you have to do.

BTW if you click on F in the menu you find an About the interface document

Go to: