Tidal town SS replacement

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

Re:Tidal town SS replacement

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 9, 18 12:34 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:
Lambina wrote:Does anybody besides me have a game called Dream Fields in the ftp section on the game manager? I've tried to download it several times but nothing comes up and I did a search for it on the BF site and it is not there either, what is the deal with that?

It's listed on mine too. And I can't download it either.

It seems to be an online game, that doesn't need downloading, or at least there's a version like that.
The link is:
https://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/25550/dreamfields-free-to-play/index.html

Thanks TM, I will check it out.

[Post New]by greenrabbit on Jan 9, 18 3:59 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:I've decided to give it a go, here's some things I noticed:

Balloons automatically give you their reward, even if you don't pop them. So no more frantic clicking and spending gems.

We don't plant crops to grow crops. Now seeds cost coins.

In order to add friends, you need their friend code. If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is HDGAAAAA. (This game will probably be abandoned at some point, but it would be interesting to see how it works).

James's identical twin brother is my only friend. But, there doesn't appear to be any actual reason to visit another player yet, other than to look at their town. Greg appears to have a market, but it just says Coming Soon.

Bricks take 10 mins

There are also cows, and later, sheep. No more silly milk bushes!

Repairing things now gives Happiness and this is what you need to increase in order to decurse new areas. As well as having enough magic.

The warehouse upgrades are pretty much the same.

I think I added you. I'm snowflakebunny on there.

[Post New]by greenrabbit on Jan 9, 18 4:02 PM
sanzi19 wrote:I'm only curious how the market works, and if you have 'followers' like in SS.
If so, i pass. Not gonna deal with raiders ever again.

So far the friends list is invite only. I have received no help requests from any other players. The way this game is set up you don't really need to have outside help. You can sell stuff yourself. I do miss my friends on Sunken Secrets though. I still would like to have friends in this one.

gertie0513
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by gertie0513 on Jan 9, 18 5:44 PM
I too would like to try the PC version of Tidal Town when it is ready.
Have also had trouble with Dreamfields that others have said.
Thanks mdpetdoc for letting me know about Tidal Town.
Gertie

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 9, 18 11:57 PM
greenrabbit wrote:I think I added you. I'm snowflakebunny on there.

Thanks. But, you didn't show up this morning. However, now I've added you, you're there.
So, it's possible that the only players we can see are the ones we add ourselves.
There also doesn't seem to be any ability to delete someone once you've added them. Not that I want to delete you!!

[Post New]by greenrabbit on Jan 10, 18 2:20 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:
greenrabbit wrote:I think I added you. I'm snowflakebunny on there.

Thanks. But, you didn't show up this morning. However, now I've added you, you're there.
So, it's possible that the only players we can see are the ones we add ourselves.
There also doesn't seem to be any ability to delete someone once you've added them. Not that I want to delete you!!

Lol. It's fine. Yeah. I don't see the unfriend option either. They'll probably add different options before they officially release the game. I reckon it's kinda like in Sunken Secrets where if you both follow each other then you become friends.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 10, 18 3:46 AM
greenrabbit wrote:
Lol. It's fine. Yeah. I don't see the unfriend option either. They'll probably add different options before they officially release the game. I reckon it's kinda like in Sunken Secrets where if you both follow each other then you become friends.

When I visit your island, we have the handshake sign, so I think so. I wanted to de-friend you to see whether the icon changed if I did that. Or whether, at the moment, a friend is simply someone we add to our list and whether or not they add you back is irrelevant.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,443 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jan 10, 18 6:08 AM
I would like to join you in playing but the only android device I have is a small, old smartphone and somehow it seems like it would be difficult to play on a really small screen.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 10, 18 8:42 AM
It sounds difficult to me to play it on a new smart phone too, kind of like the difference of watching tv on a 21 inch screen compared to a 60 inch 4k. I just keep little time killer games on my phone to have for when I'm away from home like on a plane trip or stuck in a waiting room at a doctor's office. I like a nice size screen for serious gaming, especially a game that has a large area to move around in, also I find it easier to control actions with the mouse instead of touching the screen.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jan 10, 18 9:09 AM
i'm still not sure if i want to play the same game all over again. Was hoping it would be something completly different, like New. Spend almost two years on SS, and to start all over again, cant see the challenge, yet.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 10, 18 9:30 AM
sanzi19 wrote:i'm still not sure if i want to play the same game all over again. Was hoping it would be something completly different, like New. Spend almost two years on SS, and to start all over again, cant see the challenge, yet.

I agree, and if you watch the video on Youtube it looks like a much easier version, I'm hoping for something New to be added. I would like to see something like the old Virtual Villagers type games, that was a awesome series.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 10, 18 9:46 AM
Lambina wrote:I would like to see something like the old Virtual Villagers type games, that was a awesome series.

I used to like those too.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 10, 18 10:07 AM
sanzi19 wrote:i'm still not sure if i want to play the same game all over again. Was hoping it would be something completly different, like New. Spend almost two years on SS, and to start all over again, cant see the challenge, yet.

Yes, although the start of Sunken Secrets was quite different to how it was in the end. It's been so long since I was decursing areas with buildings that need to be built and walls that need to be repaired. That's what I enjoyed about the game.
Then it just got to be dive, make bricks, place bricks, repeat. So, we'll see.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 10, 18 10:30 AM
Since it sounds like it could take a long time before a pc version will be released we will probably be over the burn out from Sunken Secrets and be eager to play the do over.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jan 10, 18 1:31 PM
Lambina wrote:Since it sounds like it could take a long time before a pc version will be released we will probably be over the burn out from Sunken Secrets and be eager to play the do over.

Haha, you are probably right

bfgBeruna
2,454 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 10, 18 4:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base with everyone about the topics being discussed in this thread. Currently, Tidal Town is available through the Google Play store. The Moderation Team hasn't received more information about when the game will become available on other platforms, so I'm not able to provide more information about that.

Since this forum is dedicated to Sunken Secrets, the Moderation Team asks that discussions focus on that game. Please keep discussions about Tidal Town limited to this thread. Thank you so much for your understanding and help with this.

As always, please PM me or another moderator if any more questions arise. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by SlavicCookingCom on Jan 12, 18 4:16 PM
To start, my ADD a friend ID is PEAAAAAA

I know that putting a beta version up for review prior to its full release is important to work on bugs... BUT... they shouldn’t charge for any purchases in the version. Doesn’t seem fair... also, they should specifically document in the app description that it’s still in experimental format and that it stops at a specified level... such as level 30... and what happens to the experience “Star” points that are acquired but no longer showing. They don’t have a named forum yet and one would think they would be open to a frank discussion on problems anyone sees without having to receive multiple individual emails about the same thing. That’s why I never understood asking members here to email the moderators or the DEVs when asking a question once and putting a reply openly to have everyone to view. Being in tech support in my own computer tech company I feel many have similar questions and answers put in open format benefit those “many”.

Edited on 01/12/2018 at 4:20:37 PM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 13, 18 3:38 AM
Ah, level 30 is the max at the moment, is it? I thought it might be, as that's Greg's level.
I'm going to try and play it with the gems that we're given. Those extra slots are really expensive though, I think. 14 for the 3rd, 21 for the 4th and 28 for the fifth. There don't appear to be that many opportunities in the game to earn gems. So far, I've apparently spent 176 of them. All on extra slots. Only have 26 left

The main challenges that I'm finding are:
1) Everything is centred around sending off the balloons
2) The balloons don't take long to return, so there isn't time to make everything that you sent off. And there's no way of buying it.

So, you have to choose between the request board to get money (to buy machines) or sending balloons to progress the game.
It is possible to just sell items from the warehouse, but the return isn't great doing it that way.

Edited on 01/13/2018 at 3:46:43 AM PST

[Post New]by SlavicCookingCom on Jan 13, 18 9:12 AM
TMGamer99... I agree with your assessment... the challenges is getting the “Happinesses” points to de-curse new areas. The stained glass comes very infrequent with the balloons and then overloaded with other items. The way to advance is to use a much different strategy than with Sunken Secrets which I still feel should not have been abandoned.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 13, 18 9:17 AM
SlavicCookingCom wrote:TMGamer99... I agree with your assessment... the challenges is getting the “Happinesses” points to de-curse new areas. The stained glass comes very infrequent with the balloons and then overloaded with other items. The way to advance is to use a much different strategy than with Sunken Secrets which I still feel should not have been abandoned.

I'd have preferred they stuck with SS too

Edited on 01/13/2018 at 9:18:03 AM PST

Go to: