Re:Welcome to Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery forum

[Post New]by zonajo on Jun 18, 10 11:30 AM
I am stuck trying to get the vending machine plugged in in the Cafe. Please help.

[Post New]by khadicat on Jun 18, 10 2:10 PM
Thank you prpidva, but where are the other gates, or do I walk around using the spray can until I can see the laser beams. Thank you also for welcoming me into the forum, this is my first time.

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 2:20:17 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 18, 10 3:29 PM
Yes, khadicat. Walk forwards, spray, walk forwards, spray, walk forwards, spray, walk forwards, solve door puzzle.

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 3:30:05 PM PST

Kingge
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Kingge on Jun 18, 10 9:20 PM
Hi, I seem to be in the same situation as a few others. I'm trying to get through the lasers. I've found the first set but just can't progress. I've tried going foward with the spray - nothing, I've tried going foward without the spray nothing and in desperation when I went to Hint it said "I'm finished here" Please can someone help me? The game seems to have had a few gliches - is this another one??

Thanks (in anticipation)

Kingge

Dustydo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dustydo on Jun 19, 10 3:11 PM
Finished game, however I thought this was a totally dumb game. Would not
recommend this game to anyone. What a waste of money.

[Post New]by Angelwings79 on Jun 22, 10 3:08 PM
I am also stuck in the laser rooms. I think the lasers in the first room are not revealed enough but it won't let me spray anything anymore. I still have the spraycan but it won't work. Any suggestions?

Nvmd, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had to double click the spray can and then hold the second click so it would spray, not sure why I didn't have to do that the first time but at least it worked!!

Edited on 06/23/2010 at 2:14:06 PM PST

[Post New]by kkatydid on Jun 25, 10 12:14 PM
jamie870508 wrote:im stuck in the laboratory trying to do the chemical setup. I have done everything else i can do and it says to pour the green chemical into the beaker on the burner but it doesnt work and the skip button doesnt work either.. Any suggestions???

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 25, 10 11:18 PM
zonajo wrote:I am stuck trying to get the vending machine plugged in in the Cafe. Please help.

Hi zonajo- welcome to the forums!

You will need the power strip from the office....

I hope this helps.

PrplDva

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

The rotating circles

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jul 17, 10 8:39 AM
I too have not been able to crack this mini-game. Again, the SKIP does not work, and I have oriented the circles according to the walkthrough.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 17, 10 8:44 AM
Have you found the piece of paper with the orientations on?

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jul 17, 10 11:12 AM
I should have waited until posting, because I went back in and played another room - the laboratory - and used the green elixir on the test tubes to get the solvent. Once I had done that, the REAL blueprint became available. If you are playing the game, and get to the circle puzzle before completing the lab puzzle, you will never see the real blueprint. Duh. I feel so dumb. The blueprint showed the orientation for the symbols, and this time they worked. I think they may not work unless you have the real blueprint. So,you can't just follow a walkthrough, align the symbols and have it work. That is probably why you can't SKIP the puzzle. The game, in that instance at least, is somewhat linear.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 17, 10 12:26 PM
I think they may not work unless you have the real blueprint.
You're right. This is on a trigger. That was the point of my question.

[Post New]by rchance on Jul 23, 10 6:24 PM
khadicat wrote:I am also stuck in the ducts, I have switched off the fan, have got through the first laser door but cant get any further, just going around in circles. Anyone got any suggestions.

[Post New]by whatsamattau on Aug 8, 10 10:08 AM
Found the walkthrough and got myself unstuck, so I'm deleting my own post.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 10:42:15 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 9, 10 5:33 AM
whatsamattau wrote:Found the walkthrough and got myself unstuck, so I'm deleting my own post.
You've actually edited it. If you want to delete it altogether, click on the little x next to the edit button.

[Post New]by dbyb77 on Sep 29, 10 5:19 PM
I downloaded the trial version, but it will not open, so I cannot try it out. Any suggestions?

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Oct 7, 10 1:52 PM
I'm at the restricted area 1 with the lasers. I used the spray and got the notice that I could now slip through, but when I do that and come up to the gray door to enter the depository, there are no symbols in blue (or any other color) over the door. Nothing to do to get into the depository. When I click on the hint, it says I'm finished here, but I'm not...can't get thru the door. Have I come up against a glitch and need to start over with another user name? Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Faye

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 7, 10 2:14 PM
bookworm1940 wrote:I'm at the restricted area 1 with the lasers. I used the spray and got the notice that I could now slip through, but when I do that and come up to the gray door to enter the depository, there are no symbols in blue (or any other color) over the door. Nothing to do to get into the depository. When I click on the hint, it says I'm finished here, but I'm not...can't get thru the door. Have I come up against a glitch and need to start over with another user name? Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Faye
If you're at the door and facing it, move your cursor up the screen. You should have an arrow to click on.
Move the cursor down to the floor. You should have another arrow to click on.

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Oct 7, 10 2:34 PM
Tried your suggestion. I backed clear out to outside restricted area door, entered restricted area. I see a few red lasers and an arrow pointing forward to Laser Room 2. Moving forward I see lots of red lasers. Using the spray opens a section along the left bottom and an arrow pointing to Laser Room 3. Going forward takes me again to the gray door. Moving my arrow up the screen doesn't show me any symbols, and moving it to the floor just takes me back to Laser Room 2. I've moved my cursor all around the top of the screen but no symbols...hence, no puzzle to get me in the depository.
Faye

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 7, 10 3:47 PM
Have you tried clicking on the door itself?

Go to: