Post any Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by johns107 on Jun 4, 10 8:39 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 8:40:42 AM PST

Re:Post any Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by tatertot33 on Jun 4, 10 1:35 PM
I too cannot get past the restricted door.There are no symbols above the door.

[Post New]by Onxycat on Jun 4, 10 3:23 PM
I like this game, but. . .

Had trouble using the remote. After clicking and clicking and carrying and carrying I must have hit something as it finally worked. Now, tried to cut the rope with the knife on the dumbwaiter. Never happened. Only 10 minutes left in the tryout phase, don't think I'll buy.

lohio
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lohio on Jun 4, 10 3:52 PM
I picked up the strange key for the box in the cellar. from the house. Opened the chest, placed the key and now is is gone. Did not give me code so I can go no further and the skip does not fill up. I have rebooted, deleted and re-installed, all to no avail. I'd like to start all over!

Lynn

[Post New]by RNFISH on Jun 6, 10 10:43 AM
I can't get the faceted key to work in the chest. I can pick it up but I can't get it to work. It has got to be a techincal problem. Help I am stuck

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Jun 6, 10 12:19 PM
My Issue is that it takes forever to upload between scenes, and all I have is a black screen with no arrow, and when the scene finally comes up, it moves very slowly. I got so frustrated that I uninstalled the game. What a shame and it is too bad because this game seems to be a great game and I didn't get a chance to play it at all and I was looking forward to.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Jun 6, 10 5:45 PM
I have the same problem with the tv ,cannot get the code number ,I see Tom with something like a square orange paper ,bur I click and click and nothing ,also there is a skip button ,it fills halfway but won't let me exit .Help Please!

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Jun 6, 10 7:50 PM
Thanks .I got it!

T_rix
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by T_rix on Jun 6, 10 8:11 PM
PONYTAILGIRL wrote:I have gone through most of the game and am not allowed to proceed through the "restricted area" in order to complete the game.

There is no pointer signs that can be used to proceed. This appears to be a glich. I am definatey not happy with having to pay for the "collectors edition" and not complete the game.

I am having the same problem. I sprayed the aerosol can to make the lasers appear and there is no arrow to allow me to move forward. What gives?

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Jun 8, 10 6:12 PM
Sorry to keep complaining but the skip button does not work ,and I cannot get the key to work in the cellar ,I got the code but I tried and it will not work .I looked in the walkthrough but all it tell you is to put the key in ...If the skip button would work I could get out ,but I a stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!,Help Please!

gabrielsmom
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by gabrielsmom on Jun 8, 10 6:52 PM
These suggestions would be fine EXCEPT the problem is with the game itself. I had huge issues with The heritage and got a free credit. I chose to use it on this game and am having problems. It takes forever to load after I hit play and then all I get is a blank screen. Its a no buy for me. I probably will not even be able to find a game that works to use my free credit on!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by mgaofgao on Jun 9, 10 4:28 AM
I am have the same problem as PONYTAILGIRL

"by PONYTAILGIRL on June 3, 2:12 AM
I have gone through most of the game and am not allowed to proceed through the "restricted area" in order to complete the game."

I have been so addictive to this came that i cannot concerntate on anything else anymore.

PLEASE, PLEASE help me soonest.

Many thanx

Marianne

sheilah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sheilah on Jun 11, 10 2:50 PM
i am having trouble finding vice grip for handle.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,460 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Jun 12, 10 6:33 PM
I tried the demo...it took forever to load, game kept freezing, skip button did not work, hints just told me I was done in that room. All in all, out of 60 minutes of play I only got about 10 minutes. Needless to say I wont be thinking about buying this one.

stipa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by stipa on Jun 14, 10 12:44 PM
plasmacatcher wrote:I have gone through most of the game and am not allowed to proceed through the "restricted area" in order to complete the game.

There is no pointer signs that can be used to proceed. This appears to be a glich. I am definatey not happy with having to pay for the "collectors edition" and not complete the game.

same problem as ponytail girl

susieq12
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jun 14, 10 12:58 PM
Downloaded game fine and upon attempting to play got the message game is runing. Then tried to delete it had problems telling me to stop the game before it could be deleted. Finally got game stopped and deleted; also deleted game manager; downloaded all again and now get access violation message. Did Dr.Felix and sent but still have not resolved this issue. Was told my graphics card driver was old or out of date;but have driver whiz and attempt to keep my drivers up to date.

They have always been great; if I have brought a game giving me credit etc. But it is so frustrating wanting to play a game and it just will not work. This is the second game, over a period of time, I have had that problem with and been unable to play.

[Post New]by johnIII on Jun 17, 10 1:15 PM
candycreme wrote:I have the same problem with the tv ,cannot get the code number ,I see Tom with something like a square orange paper ,bur I click and click and nothing ,also there is a skip button ,it fills halfway but won't let me exit .Help Please!

[Post New]by zonajo on Jun 19, 10 2:55 AM
Very frustruated...I picked up the power strip and moved to another room.. power strip is no longer in inventory and cant get it back. Have spent too much time in the forum and trying to figure out. Will never buy again.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,757 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jun 27, 10 5:31 PM
I am in the hidden storeroom. Put together the shiva diagram but don't have one of the marble gems. It won't let me leave to go get it!!! What the heck do I do now? I know from the walkthrough it's in another room. Can't believe I would have to start over to fix this.

Arlenemoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Arlenemoo on Jul 8, 10 4:04 PM
stipa wrote:
plasmacatcher wrote:I have gone through most of the game and am not allowed to proceed through the "restricted area" in order to complete the game.

same problem as ponytail girl

Go to: