Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cadenza: The Eternal Dance Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 13, 18 2:49 PM
Last time they had collectible music records. Is this the only series from Mad Head that doesn't have the swirl sign? The music is piano or violins, depending on the scene.

Edited on 01/29/2018 at 9:17:45 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cadenza: The Eternal Dance Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 14, 18 3:17 PM
Hello friends! Well, I believe we have #5 in this series. I do have all of the others, as this is one of my favorite series. As always, I review mostly on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job on that than I. The graphics in this addition are exceptional, very clear, very well done. Colors are very bright and true, but not over powering. Game play was excellent, no problems during the demo and the scene fit my large screen very nicely. The voice overs are very well done, when we have them. I was surprised to see that this game was exceptionally quiet and had little character interaction. Animation is superb, and facial features and movements are also very well done and fit what is being said or done at the time. Sound FX are practically non-existent, and even though I turn the music down, I do not turn it off...I didn't hear anything.

HOPs are a combination of interactive lists, and find and place items in scene. You could switch to a different game that was new, and I found quite boring, if you didn't want to stay with the HOPs. Scenes are clean and clear, and items are not difficult to find. Again, we have morphing items in the HOPs. Not all that easy to spot either. Puzzles were nothing new and I found them quite simple. Hint system is very helpful, but I did not see a transport feature in this one either. You do a lot of back tracking, so a transport would have been very helpful and a big time saver. Jump map is okay, but could be a little cleaner and clearer. I prefer maps that just show the area with a picture and a name and leave the rest out...too messy.

Collectibles are very large cutouts of two people dancing, you can't help but see them. Other than the morphing objects in the HOPs, I didn't see anything else during the demo. Extremely disappointing collectibles.

As I said, this is one of my favorite series, but it just sort of fell off the map this time. Unlike other reviewers, I do not see where this game is worth anywhere near 5 stars. Others in this series had constant action and interaction, where this has nothing. The story is old, moved quite slowly, no challenge and just too quiet. It didn't help that the demo was extremely short either. There was just nothing exciting to me in this addition...so disappointing. I'm sure there will be players who will find this one enjoyable, but I am not one of them. This addition is no where near as good as the previous games in this series. No, it is no buy for me and because of the slow boring story line, I won't get the SE version either. I will give this one a 3 for beginners only.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jan 15, 18 9:30 AM
I was just talking about how much I loved the music of this series. The next day, this popped up. I rushed to download and was instantly turned off. The great music and locations of the previous games has devolved to the same bland European stuff of all the other games out there. The story and gameplay also left a lot to be desired. I'll skip this one and hope the next games go to other areas like Asia, Africa or South America.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 19, 18 12:36 AM
I enjoyed and liked this newest version of the Cadenza series and have all of them. I liked the story-line, graphics, colors, most of the mini-games and the HOPS.(always wish there were more HOPS) The music was fine also.

I agree with the positive reviews of my Fellow Fishies and appreciate the finely worded reviews.

I'm giving this on a out of 5 because a like to be able to go back and find any collectibles I forgot to look for

This is a series that I have really enjoyed for the most part

Played on mu desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jan 24, 18 4:49 PM
This was not a stellar game but my expectations are higher when it comes to Mad Head developers. What motivated me to write a mini-review was simply that I'm so tired of game demos that are perpetually loud and filled with frantic activity, dialogs and chit chat taking up space, garish and cartoonish colors and graphics. This Cadenza was actually soothing, notably without background music at all for short periods of time. A nondescript game with fairly simple minigames, some cut-out figure collectables and I think I saw some morphing objects to find somewhere, not sure there. I don't know why demo time is allotted 90 min--if it takes half that, that's generous. Think I'll go back and try one of the older Cadenzas--based on the demo, this one's a little too pale and laid-back for me.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 14, 18 1:57 PM
This is a great game. Non-spooky, nice music, crisp graphics, good voice overs, interesting (often easy puzzles), not many HOPS, lots to do.

My type of game.

It's a buy!

Go to: