Casebook

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

Re:Casebook

[Post New]by mummypops on Oct 27, 08 8:23 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
mummypops wrote:well I am getting more confused by the minute regarding this game, I don't think I can do these games anyway

Is the game running for you mummypops?

Hi poodlebear, I dare not try and download, because there may a virus

anne216
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

[Post New]by anne216 on Oct 27, 08 8:27 AM
hi prpldiva

I am thinking of purchasing this game is it timed i cab't do timed games my hand eye skills arn't quick enough is it like HO whats the gameplay like?
thanks Anne

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 8:30 AM
anne216 wrote:hi prpldiva

I am thinking of purchasing this game is it timed i cab't do timed games my hand eye skills arn't quick enough is it like HO whats the gameplay like?
thanks Anne

I have not noticed any timers. Have you ever seen those 360 views on homes for sale? Part of the time you are in something like that. It's mostly mouse controlled, so far, no difficult moves with it.

OH- this is not HO. this is an adventure game.

Edited on 10/27/2008 at 8:31:23 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 9:01 AM
Thanks for that update bfgAegean- That will allay a number of fears.

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Oct 27, 08 9:15 AM
Thanks bfgAegean!

materri1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by materri1 on Oct 27, 08 9:33 AM
Thank You!!! For replying so quickly. I hope there is a fix for this issue WIC.

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Oct 27, 08 9:40 AM
suze 14, I had the same problem with Treasures of Mystery Island, in the Treasure Room, the tile screen freezes up. Hope they come up with a cure for this soon.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 27, 08 9:47 AM
For Windows XP users experiencing the WIC Component error, you can download and install the WIC Component from Microsoft and it should take care of this problem. The file you want to download and install is called "wic_x86_enu.exe" You can find this program here:

Windows Imaging Component

If your virus protection program states that it has detected a virus in the program, please note that all of our games are completely virus free. You can find more information about what to do in this case by going to this help page article:

Virus messages

If you find that these fixes to not correct the problem. Please contact our technical support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

Edited on 10/27/2008 at 9:48:04 AM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 27, 08 9:50 AM
bfgErie, thanks for the update. Hopefully, this info will help get the fishies up and running.

[Post New]by dalesgirl on Oct 27, 08 9:52 AM
i'm getting the trojan warning too...

uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing. made sure AVG was updated. everything looks alright on my end. waiting for tech to get back to me.

Edited on 10/27/2008 at 9:55:37 AM PST

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 27, 08 10:10 AM
bfgErie.... tried to install the exe you suggested and my puter said I already had it... Game still won't open. I click on play game... and the hour glass comes up for 1 second and then goes away.. Phooey louie.. !!

I don't want to write tech support anymore about this as I"m sure they've heard enough about it...

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

Another Reason to BFG!!!

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Oct 27, 08 10:13 AM
Did you notice that it was just under an hour from Erie acknowledging that the problem was being worked on and having possible solutions available. It takes a week and then "some time between 8 am and 5 pm" to get the wavy lines off my cable reception!! Another reason BFG is better than TV!!!

materri1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by materri1 on Oct 27, 08 11:05 AM
Hi I did the wicx86enu.exe and it still gives me the same problem. And when I tried to download the file from microsoft, I got .. a newer file already exists. What now?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 27, 08 11:07 AM
materri1, if you haven't already done so, contact Tech Support. Attach your dxdiag file and explain the steps you've done to fix the problem. Watch for other posts from the bfgHosts that might help as well. Good Luck

materri1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by materri1 on Oct 27, 08 11:48 AM
Should I uninstall this game and re install it? I was # 1 in line for tech support and it was cancelled.

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 27, 08 12:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

We apologize for the trouble. If you are still having technical problems with Casebook after trying this fix, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgFlounder

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Oct 27, 08 12:17 PM
i sent a message to tech support, now waiting for answer....

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Casebook-

[Post New]by gjnashif on Oct 27, 08 12:33 PM
If you are using AVAST virus scan, it will detect a virus. This is a false virus detection. I have had these issue in the past with AVAST, and it does not matter if you update the definitions or not with AVAST.

I uninstalled AVAST and went to my provider site, they offered free Mcafee virus program, so I am now using that. With no virus detected.

However, I am getting the WIC problem which I understand has been resolved.

Edited on 10/27/2008 at 1:12:48 PM PST

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on Oct 27, 08 1:02 PM
I have tried to download the Microsoft WIC component, I get an error message which says:

"newer version of WIC already installed" so it will not install the program at all. And I still keep getting the error message. I have tried looking in add/remove programs for it but cannot find it. I am wondering if it comes bundled with the Direct X update that it performed when installing casebook.

Any suggestions, I am still waiting for help in live support. after an hour I am number 19.......

I downloaded this game this morning about 7am, and it is now 1pm, I not sure if it is really worth the effort. Although it is nice to be able to meet and chat with so many noble gamers, so I guess I will keep trying for now.

[Post New]by LDallman on Oct 27, 08 1:20 PM
I just got done with tech support. They said that the people who are getting the WIC message are still having issues after they try everything they recommend. The said if unistalling and reinstalling does not work, then we will have to wait until they fix the game. They had no time for how long it would take to fix it. So until then, I just have to wait and get excited to try this game I have heard is great!!!

Go to: