elledebbie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puzzle Bots

[Post New]by elledebbie on Jun 6, 10 8:16 PM
OK! Four hours with bathroom breaks and three hints. I am not a fast game player either.

But I must say I really enjoyed it. Just my sense of humour on a rainy Sunday afternoon. There was a plot!!!! and most of the action was relevant. I loved the dialogue.

The hints were needed because I knew what I wanted to do I just couldn't figure how the game needed me to do it (as usual, I guess).

If you don't mind the shortness, I would highly recommend this game.

Thanks

[Post New]by bwaybaby1979 on Jun 6, 10 10:18 PM
This is such a cute game (and with really cute little robots). I like the artwork/graphics and good voicework. Takes me back to my original love (before HOGs) of puzzles. I really enjoyed working out which robot needed to do which task to complete the "puzzles". The only thing I didn't like was that the game only comes in fullscreen (unless there's an option I missed?). Since I have a widescreen (and 1280x900 res) I really wish fullscreen wasn't the default for all games.

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jun 6, 10 10:26 PM
I loved this game!

I had so much fun playing the demo, that I promptly used up one of my credits when I finished the demo, and I rarely do that.

It's a simple game, but fun to play. Using 5 different actions (each robot gets one), you have to figure your way off of the board. The puzzles weren't too hard, but a couple of them made me think for a good few minutes...then I was able to figure it out.

My one and only complaint (I don't mind low level graphics if there is good game play...which this game has) is that the game is too short. Would have loved a longer game, which would have made this a perfect game for me.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Jun 7, 10 3:11 AM
It's such a huge shame that this is so short. I played the demo for a solid hour last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, I was going to buy it today but when I looked at the walkthrough I've already nearly finished it, I've only got about 4 screens left to do, so it would be a waste of a credit.
It's a really lovely, well done game but it needs to be at least twice as long to be worth a credit for me.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jun 7, 10 3:21 AM
The only thing about Puzzle Bots I didn't like was the short gaming time, too. I would have loved it to be twice as long (or even longer). Maybe we'll get a sequel or something one day.

And I was surprised and happy to find out that the game was from the same people who made "Emerald City Confidential", one of my favourite games from Big Fish Games.

More games like those, please!

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jun 7, 10 7:51 AM
Why do they put out some of the good games so that you have to hunt them down? I hate that!

Anyway, I love this game. The next thing to do is get out the credit for it. On my way!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 7, 10 9:40 AM
Wow..great comments on this game. I will download and play. I skipped this game because I tend to go for the IHOG's. Being that I came here and read good comments, will give this a go. Thanks fellow fishies!!!!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 7, 10 10:25 AM
This is a very cute little game. I am terrible at these kind of games & for die-hard gamers I'm sure it is very easy. But for me it was nice to figure out some of the puzzles right away. Characters & dialogue are cute. I only played the demo, but would put it on my maybe list.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 8, 10 9:22 PM
I am very pleased with the different varities of games that Big Fish offers, whether it's.... Puzzles TM, M3 HOG/IHOG's etc.....Keep them coming !! Puzzle Bots was great game, I thought this game was cute and unique. The problem solving levels, the graphics and the story, I liked it all. Thank You, Big Fish, Beep...Beep....Bot.... Happy Gaming !!!

Edited on 06/08/2010 at 9:29:32 PM PST

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Jun 11, 10 2:56 PM
Puzzle Bots
Single Player Game
Graphics: 10 out of 10
............. I liked the graphic in Puzzle Bots. I enjoyed the bright colors and the clean lines. I thought everything was well drawn. The graphic remind me of a cartoon but it adds to the gameplay.

Music: 8 out of 10
........... I gave the music a 8 out of 10 only because it didnt stand out by its self. Which in my opinion thats a good thing. I didnt once want to turn the sound off or down.

Controls: 9 out of 10
............... In puzzle bots you use the mouse as your form of controling the players. The gameplay is all point and click. You can easily move around the scene without having to click all over the place. By clicking you tell your player where to go and what to do.

Gameplay: 10 out of 10
................ I loved the game and everything about it. It has a nice story line without confusing the player. There is alot of problem solving and thinking about what to do next. I think thats a good thing, it keeps the mind sharp. But the puzzles are very far from hard. You control a small robot that is trying to explore and help everyone. You also get to control more then one player in this game which is very nice to change it up and try new things.

Replay value ?? out of 10 (but my guess would be 3)
...................Since I have not finished the game I am not totally sure on the replay value but my guess would be the only replay value would be down the line when you forgot what to do.

Overall rating: 10 out of 10
...................... Overall I loved this game. It is a buy for me. The puzzles and the atmosphere work together to make this game all around fun and enjoy able.

[Post New]by norton23 on Jun 11, 10 4:59 PM
I am stuck in the factory. I looked at the walkthrough and it said that I need to activate Kelvin, but I cannot find him. Anyone know what I am doing wrong????

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jun 14, 10 3:06 PM
Sage103082 wrote:
Replay value ?? out of 10 (but my guess would be 3)
...................Since I have not finished the game I am not totally sure on the replay value but my guess would be the only replay value would be down the line when you forgot what to do.

I must admit, you won't want to play this over and over in short succession as you will remember what to do and there's no challenge like the first time. Very handy during beta testing (I couldn't work out the last puzzles and had so much finishing, so testing wasn't possible if I couldn't finish!), but makes it a game to save playing again for a good few months.
I will not be playing for a while, I've played it 5 times!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jun 14, 10 3:08 PM
norton23 wrote:I am stuck in the factory. I looked at the walkthrough and it said that I need to activate Kelvin, but I cannot find him. Anyone know what I am doing wrong????

Kelvin is in the long, glass case, but it's dark.

[Post New]by trujorgy on Jun 15, 10 6:56 AM
I tried to Puzzle Bots and liked it so much I bought it. I am at the underwater level and the fly did not show up on the lily pad after I fed the 'rock fly' to the frog. Do I have to start all over?

[Post New]by MissHappiness19 on May 22, 11 10:48 AM
Absolutely delightful! I loved the demo! The gameplay is unique and fun, with clever puzzles to work through. I only wish it were released for Mac. *insert groveling to the developers to port it over*

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 30, 11 1:06 PM
This was fabulously fun, with an adorable story, from what I got of the demo. Although not as pretty as some other games, I certainly have this queued up as one of the games I intend to get the full version of. The puzzles have some challenging moments, and I adored the various personalities.

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Jun 8, 12 5:13 PM
Love this game and ones like it. But I do have some prob. Sometimes the bots are real slow and stop and start. And one time the people were talking alot, but had to wait a long time for the other person to talk and the people were jerky when moving.
I usually shut down and start again and that usually cures it. For me it is quite a challange and had to cheat several times
Played one like it on IPAD where the bot had to go all thru this weird kind of mansion. forget what its called but it was really good too. I would like to find more like puzzle bots.

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Jul 20, 12 1:53 AM
Great fun! Well worth it. Glitch-free and very amusing.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 13, 14 2:06 AM
I love this game!!
Its 2014 & I am just discovering it... I guess because its not a hog (yuck) . This is hilarious and fun and innovative & unique... Love it.

Go to: