Janferie
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Mysterious Travel - The Magic Diary

[Post New]by Janferie on Jun 5, 10 11:42 AM
I found it a bit too short and also a wee bit pointless. Perhaps as other people have suggested, it's aimed at children.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Jun 5, 10 11:53 AM
I played the whole hour demo....and was thinking of using a credit but after reading the reviews I see I'm in the majority. it is a simple game, and sometimes I like simple, but until I see how long it is I won't buy. If I do buy it'll be for my husband who would like this one...when it comes to taking a crowbar and going to a different scene he gets confused, so this would be perfect for him. In the hour there were no typo's that I could see that I've noticed quite a bit of in some of the latest offerings. Is it just me but when you have a credit or two burning in your pocket there are no really good games coming out?

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 5, 10 12:39 PM
Reading the comments I was amazed that the same dev put out Steve...also put this out. I thought this was a beginners attempt at a HOG. The writing in the diary was awful. The hidden objects were easy to find, and the games were very easy. Maybe a beginner would enjoy this game, or as some have mentioned, just a relaxing game, but for me I expect better quality in the games I buy. Apparently there are 26 numbers to be found and in my hour demo I needed less than 10 more to be done. Definitely, not a buy for me.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jun 5, 10 1:29 PM
Totally boring with repetitive music and no interaction...I only played for 10 minutes of the trial. There are too many great games to spend a credit on this one.

eenybeanie
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by eenybeanie on Jun 5, 10 2:28 PM
I think that sometimes it is relaxing to play a simple game. I am tired of going from room to room, trying to figure out what to do. I kind of enjoyed this game..........it took me about 2 hours...........and that was with skipping some mini games.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jun 5, 10 2:40 PM
did not like it too much,I guess I spoiled with the eeryand scrary ones,oh well maybe naxt one happy gaming all

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 5, 10 3:35 PM
I liked the graphics and enjoyed the slower pace HOG, Perfect to play when shifting gears from work to home.

Have a fun day

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 5, 10 4:04 PM
As a lot of you said this game is a good HOG for beginners but it's too easy for me and I get bored rather easily with straight HOGS now that I'm into IHOGS. There is nothing wrong with the game and I think beginners would like it. It's bright and colorful and I didn't notice any items that were too small but I only played the first 30 minutes.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 5, 10 4:18 PM
I'm not a HOG beginner, but I am getting old and going back to straigt HOG's that don't demand too much of me. This one was fun (the invisible people acting out were amusing), and the scenes were sensible, not junk piles. The game was very short (3 hours or so for me), and the mini-games were either too easy or "spot the difference" scenes where I never could get the very last one. I rate this as a fun diversion for a Saturday morning with no real replay value. Just right for using a free game code.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 5, 10 4:52 PM
Very simple, not enough interaction, boring.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 5, 10 6:02 PM
!!!!!!!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 5, 10 6:07 PM
I read some of the reviews before I downloaded the demo. I really liked the other games from the developers that others mentioned, and agree that games with quirky, make you laugh out loud humor are a nice change of pace from the creepy ones. So I thought that this game might be fun, or at least an easier HOG. But I'm sorry to say that the only way I can describe this game is that it is lame. The Mystery P.I. series is boring and repetative. I Spy is simple and designed mostly for kids. But the story in this game is seriously missing a foundation that is believable, and the diary pages don't make any sense. Early on, the diary tells you to go to the hotel administrator, and sends you to the office. Once there, you find the objects from the list, but there is absolutely no interaction with whatever it is that is sitting at the desk. I deleted this mess after giving it an overly generous 30 minutes.

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Jun 5, 10 7:58 PM
Well, it is not a terribly bad game, but it is not a game I would pay even $2.99 for. I guess I am too spoiled with the splendor of the Mystery Case file type HOGs. I just got bored with this game too easily. Some parts I found repetitive and again, some of the objects were just so small.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Jun 5, 10 9:19 PM
We fishies are getting mighty spoiled with the new games lately. I like a little HOG, a little adventure, a little travel and a little bit of side puzzles all in one game, and it needs to be at least 4-5 hrs long for 6.99.
So, nope this ones not for me. Step it up developers!

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jun 5, 10 9:51 PM
puzzledone wrote:Oh good bbelle I don't feel like a freak then, thought maybe I had gone too far round the bend. The minority among us can start our own I love silly games and proud of it clique LOL. I'm probably one of the few who did find all the cigars in SSheriff2 and got to read all the pop ups on the collection, at the end, the funniest part. Not fond of those balloon type hints but if Steve used them, ok by me. That dialogue with wifey and kid, running gags bored others too. Case of the Missing Thing title was fair warning what type of humor was to come. Hope SS3 she is the main detective a la Jessica in Murder She Wrote. He's such a dope.

Actually I thought this may be the promised release sequel to Mystic Diary Lost Brother, I'm in a minority there too for liking it. Wasn't funny but fun to play when it first came out. I've only 3 or 4 games that give me grins or giggles, it wasn't one of them but why I opened this game to begin with to see if a sequel.

HI PuzzleD. May I please, please join your silly games group. I like these games too! And I thought there was a lot to enjoy just watching the antics of some of the graphics. It made me smile... And I can always use a smile...

xidcrikit
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by xidcrikit on Jun 5, 10 10:24 PM
I'm afraid that I just didn't get this game @ all. What was the point? I found it boring and maybe if you were just starting out with games. But I think even new people would find it boring and just not play games. BF you can do better than this.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Jun 6, 10 12:47 AM
Well, I normally will play any HOG through to the end of my free hour, just for the fun of playing, but I had to force myself to last the 17 minutes I endured. This game is very much a beginners' game, very tedious, boring and unentertaining for anyone with HOG experience. I won't go into details, because I think it's all been said in previous posts. I'm sure there is an audience for this level of game play, but I'm not it.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 6, 10 3:38 AM
HI PuzzleD. May I please, please join your silly games group. I like these games too! And I thought there was a lot to enjoy just watching the antics of some of the graphics. It made me smile... And I can always use a smile...

Well sure On Wisconsin join the club. There may be 5 or 6 of us who qualify counting some on the other thread. Hope no more can enjoy this game or we may lose our cult status and become a movement btw I was born in Oshkosh, that figures, maybe we just like cheesy games?

Well, this diary may be magic after all, things are disappearing. In fact I just read that this game planted itself as the new game for the day, edging out some robot puzzle game. It had no forum but this did ha ha. I went to another site with all the game news, wasn't in their search engine. Went to dev's site listing all their games and it's not even in their search engine either. No news is good news. Did it disppear, invisible? or the devs aren't taking blame for it either. I got the giggles. OK the diary does say she or I'm the last person on earth. Other character is invisible. This is pretty funny, a non-existant game, no WT either at site so I got to feeling I'm the last person on earth to play it. I didn't even pay for it, got it on a free punch, so even my bank doesn't know about it. Mums the word LOL. Wow, what an ingenious way to promote a game, don't even admit it exists for some Mysterious Travel.

very tedious, boring and unentertaining for anyone with HOG experience
OMG all my experience with RTR,all the MCFs, Dire grove (ok 5 hours second time, I'm slow) Puppetshow 1,2, Love Bitten, Lord of Mirrors EAPoe etc etc just went poof. Better check if all my over 100 hog games disappeared too and I have to reinstall and start all over for exper
Geez I was just coming up for air between finishing Sweeny Todd and Curse of Opera and find out I'm the last person on earth playing the last game ever made?

If anyone left wants a challenge, try playing on a 10" diag screen with these little keys to find. That's all my 15.6 laptop displays, shrunk on wide screen. Every other naysayer says it's too easy but can't figure out how to find an object blaming glitches in the game. I haven't had any glitches, once I found all the hints I could use some but mostly figured out the tricks by myself, still having fun. Oh yeh, hints, button didn't work til I figured Hints (7) are items on the list, you want hints? go find 'em. LOL.

mylilpony
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mylilpony on Jun 6, 10 4:09 AM
Only one word is needed to describe this game: YAWN!!!

[Post New]by grape07758 on Jun 6, 10 5:28 AM
don't want to appear dumb (although feeling a little dumb right now) is anyone else having trouble getting past the clock? found all but one key and i am guessing its in the cabinet i can't get open.

Go to: