World 16, WOW!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:World 16, WOW!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 4, 18 8:08 AM
Kuddles3 wrote:Indeed - make the most of it!

It will be interesting to see if this continues in subsequent Worlds, as it is going to save you a lot of coins and effort, especially in collecting the 11 items in the last stage of each World, which has become the norm lately and are always very difficult. Fingers crossed for you

I'll let you know. It will take a couple days to get the 5000 of each firefly to get past the last barrier so I can play the final 11 levels in the Sweet Stop. This is the time I usually play the Arena while I wait for shipments. Perhaps even replay a few easier levels to get additional fireflies.

I'll keep you posted.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 5, 18 6:09 AM
Update:

Got to Level 110 on the Sweet Stop. I've only done the first tier of levels 100 thru 110. Looks like I still have to get the balls of yarn from the third tiers before I can clear this world.

Still... it was interesting that I didn't need to collect the other items for the locals to clear the gates to get there and that the keys showed that I had them already when I reach the gates that needed keys. Even though I NEVER traded crackers, ice cream, and the caramel apples they asked for.

If it was a glitch it was a great one

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 6, 18 8:28 AM
Have now made it out of the Sweet Stop. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I still came out ahead on coins. Started the Sweet Stop with 7000 and made it out with 9100.

On to Desert Canyon...

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 6, 18 2:47 PM
Just got to the first gate on Desert Canyon level 22. Looks like I'll be opening that gate as soon as I get enough fireflies without having to trade the local for corn. The key is already in my possession. This is so cool!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 8, 18 6:48 AM
Heehee, sounds excellent, have fun silver_hawk!!!

(still in Deserted Dunes, not playing much for the moment, plenty of coins and boosts but still so stubborn!)

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 8, 18 8:32 AM
Theorem wrote:Heehee, sounds excellent, have fun silver_hawk!!!

(still in Deserted Dunes, not playing much for the moment, plenty of coins and boosts but still so stubborn!)

I am having fun for a change. Have already made it to level 77. Waiting on shipments of fireflies to continue forward. Replaying some of the easier levels to help speed that along. Since I already have the keys it's nice to be able to choose which levels I want to replay.

I went back and played to the third tiers for one of the locals in the Sweet Stop for the cracker just to see what the reward was. It was a second key to open a gate that I had already opened. Was hoping it would be infinite life boost or something cool. Oh well, I should have known.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 12, 18 8:12 PM
WOW!

I LOVE World 16 so far. I'm at level 44. Going a bit slower because I can replay EVERY level to get the fireflies rather than ship them or spend all my coins on boosts.

I've still used a boost or extra move here and there. Overall the frustration level is way down. I'm really enjoying this.

Strangely I still don't "need" to play the locals for keys. Once again I have them by the time I reach the gates. Although I actually do replay those levels and get my "second" set of keys so I can get the required fireflies needed.

Oh World 16, I wish more the previous levels were more like you. So glad I made it. Playing this feels like a reward for persevering the previous levels.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 18, 18 12:17 PM
World 16 has been a nice one to play. Finally levels that aren't impossible. The last 10 were a bit more challenging. Doable if you have a lot of patience. I lack patience so I used boosts on a few. But just a few.

When I started the Sweet Stop (World 14) I had around 7000 coins. I finally Finished World 16 with 17,000 coins. Ready for World 17. I hope it is as player friendly as Vacation Time.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 19, 18 1:08 AM
Well done!! It does sound like fun indeed! A sweet reminder of how the game was a while ago!

Go to: