A sobering thought...

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:A sobering thought...

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 19, 18 10:37 AM
playingthegame wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:The event does not end until GMT day roll today ...... please continue to leave open your Christmas 2 room ..... as I went through my rooms last night .... playing each friend's HOSs and then leaving a gift ..... one of my friends had already changed to the Spring room and I was unable to leave her final gift.

Me too and now I have surplus gift boxes to store until next year!

At GMT rollover tonight I intend to make a note of how many gift boxes I have & how many HOS's I have completed.It would be great if others could do the same so that at the start of the next Winter Event we could try to work out the drop rate.Thank you.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 11:46 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:At GMT rollover tonight I intend to make a note of how many gift boxes I have & how many HOS's I have completed.It would be great if others could do the same so that at the start of the next Winter Event we could try to work out the drop rate.Thank you.
Some time back, gohill determined that it takes about 40,000 HOS visits to get 1,000 of the Gift for a Friend boxes..... She actually got her 1,000th one at around 38,000 ..... others also kept track for several months and determined that her estimate of one every 38 HOSs (on average) is spot on.

This is an average, of course ..... you may go 200 rooms and not get any....followed by one dropping nearly every other HOS .... but the percentage holds true for everyone who checked.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 11:46:21 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 19, 18 1:53 PM
Thank you Annelligram

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 19, 18 1:58 PM
Roo, I think it's still worthwhile to check if the drop rate remains the same, & your idea is a good way to check. I'll join you.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 2:47 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Roo, I think it's still worthwhile to check if the drop rate remains the same, & your idea is a good way to check. I'll join you.
Yes, I agree.....and as a result....now that I have finally finished my PC rooms, I have a count of both of them on PC and of both on my iPad game.....

Since we don't know the start day of the WE next year ...... and since we will probably all be agog and busy with that seasonal event......how about one of us post on December 1st the count we have? That should be a good indication of whether the percentage remains the same or has changed -- yes? no?

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 2:48:16 PM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 19, 18 3:13 PM
Wonderful,I've made a note in my diary for 1st December.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 3:41 PM
And I have it on my calendar for December 1, as well.

Go to: