pumpkin88
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by pumpkin88 on Oct 12, 10 5:24 PM
I just finished this game a couple of days ago... I really enjoyed playing it. I felt like you were really a witch as part of the trials. I did have to use the walkthrough for hints but a fun game all together.
Enjoy!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 28, 10 10:04 AM
I have finally played this game - I guess I was saving it for the right mood, because I knew it was going to be an excellent game - and it was. Everything was so well done; intricate plot woven throughout the game, great adventure elements and graphics, and perfect sound effects! The scenes and characters were very well drawn, although some hidden object scenes were a little too dark. I really enjoyed talking to the ghosts - that was a great feature - the only thing that would have made it better would have been voice overs. The game had a good length and was on the easy side - I only had to reference the walkthrough a couple of times. I did find the storyline a little confusing in parts - there was a lot to keep track of - but it all came together pretty well in the end. Overall, this was a very enjoyable and high quality game - I hope there are many more to come in this great series!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Oct 30, 10 2:58 AM
julbuck wrote:I've played the demo and may say that this game is a pretty good one!

The story is good, music is ok, gorgeous animation and effects! The difficulty is medium which is very good for me!

Minuses of this game are - lots of dark places in **** scenes (sometimes can't see objects at all), areas were closed as soon as you finish and there is no chance to go back and search for clever flowers also it's not possible to skip the puzzles and there is no full screen

Yes, you can skip the puzzles,or I would not have gotten this fabulous game and I just finished it the other day! It was also in Full Screen for me! I LOVE,I LOVE,It ,I LOVE It! FABULOUS game! Thank You Big Fish!

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 2:59:36 AM PST

trickydon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by trickydon on Nov 14, 10 9:15 AM
I enjoyed this game very much. However, I think it would have been a bit easier if the map showed the name of the different houses. It would have saved me a lot of searching.

xXxLulu
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

[Post New]by xXxLulu on Nov 14, 10 9:17 AM
Loved this game,really enjoyed it.Thanks BF!!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 14, 10 12:16 PM
Just finished the demo on this game. This certainly is a high quality game with excellent graphics and special effects. I have to say this game was a LOT spookier than I expected - so much so that I felt tense much of the time I was playing it. While I would highly recommend this to someone who enjoys scary stories, this was a bit too intense for my own personal tastes. You are basically asked by a ghost of a famous author to investigate some strange happenings surrounding his death. As you begin your investigation, you start to notice odd things, realize there is a lot more to the story than meets the eye, and find there is an ominous cover up going on. It's up to you to solve the mystery. The hidden object scenes are good, items are hidden pretty well, objects are well suited to the period, and some require you to decipher riddles to know what you're looking for or to discover objects that might hide other objects. The puzzles were challenging and while I didn't find them to be too frustrating personally, I can see where a lot of people would get stuck easily. The game really does not hold your hand at all. I would rate this game at 4.5 stars for excellent effect, atmosphere, storyline, and graphics. I think this is one that veteran adventure fans would really enjoy.

[Post New]by prettypieces on Dec 6, 10 7:52 PM
tomcatbr wrote:Does anyone know where the tools are to open the sheriffs coffin in Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials

I am having problems with this too! I have relooked everywhere countless times. It says that none of my tools work and it said to check where there are fireplaces and chimneys. Did that also and am getting nowhere. I have the long axe looking thing, a broom and lots more. Do I have to finish the suduko game or something to find the tool to open the coffin? This is driving me nuts......PLEASE HELP!!!!

[Post New]by franciebrady on Dec 8, 10 4:36 AM
Dear Fishies,

just finished playing 13th Skull collector's editon, and I felt compelled to give credit where it is due. Salem Witch Trials is a way better game on lots of levels, better storyline, way more search fields, less hand holding, doable puzzles and bonus achievements play that comes with the standard package. Its does exactly what good gaming is about entertainment and challenges at a price that doesn't break the bank . So well done everyone at Midnight Mysteries and MCF developers look over your shoulders.

[Post New]by US19561960 on Dec 12, 10 8:08 AM
This is one of those games that stands out in a crowd of similar style games that doesn't make you feel like it is an outstanding game, because this is an OUTSTANDING game. Very, Very lovely design and packaging, great storyline and just wants you (well me anyway) to go back and better 'achievement awards'.

Highly Recommended!

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Jan 7, 11 3:23 PM
FABULOUS GAME!! I was very impressed with this game. The graphics are A+. Love the storyline. The journal became my friend. The way the story was presented in the journal captured me and made me want to go faster to figure out the mystery. Yes, the map could have been a little more helpful, but that was the only downside in the game. Unlike some other gamers I prefer reading the voices instead of listening to them . Kudos for the music!! A++. Talk about haunting! It still played at the end so I just left it on and enjoyed it. I was so satisfied at the end that I felt I had just experienced a Pixar production. Can't get much better. Can't wait for more!!

lucnali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lucnali on Mar 18, 11 7:43 PM
I have just started playing this game for the 4th time. I am really liking it a lot.
The graphics are great, so is the story line and the mini games. There are plenty of hidden object games, but not too many. All in all, I feel that I've gotten my money's worth.

katbeth01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by katbeth01 on Mar 25, 11 7:42 PM
This has been my favorite games so far. Exactly my kind of game and it was sooo fun.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 3:38 PM
lucnali wrote:I have just started playing this game for the 4th time. I am really liking it a lot.
The graphics are great, so is the story line and the mini games. There are plenty of hidden object games, but not too many. All in all, I feel that I've gotten my money's worth.

Hi all, I couldn't agree more lucnali, althoug I'm only on my second time of playing. I guess this game is a keeper eh? Brilliant atmosphere, graphics and don't you just love chatting with ghosts?
Love, Pat_ric_ia x

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Apr 15, 11 3:41 PM
I just LOVE the Midnight Mysteries -games! Stunning graphics, intriguing stories and not too short, hard or boring games! These are the kind of games you can play twice or even thrice times through Waiting for the third one! <3

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Apr 25, 11 1:29 PM
Great game, Mini games were great and not too difficult.
had a little problem with the poltergeist ghost. that mini game did not have a skip but I made a mistake getting out and could not go back to that scene. Had to start all over three times no less. Finished the game.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on May 4, 11 12:53 PM
Excellent game - just about the right level of difficulty (I had to consult the walkthrough three times, but only one was something I wouldn't have ever guessed at all). The story was a bit convoluted, and if you're only looking for H0 scenes, you'll be disappointed, but I LOVED it. Some beautiful animation at the beginning. One small quibble - could never get the game to go full screen on my Mac Book Pro, and I've never had that issue with a Big Fish game, that I recall. However, the game was so great, it really didn't matter. Anxious to check to see if there are more in the Midnight Mysteries series.

EDITED TO ADD: RAISING my review on this one after playing most of the highly touted, yet vastly inferior Samhain. Just makes the great games even better in comparison to the mediocre ones.

FOUR AND A HALF OF FIVE STARS

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 6:30:56 PM PST

EYANNA
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by EYANNA on Jun 20, 11 11:46 AM
I CAN NOT GET INTO ROGER CONANTNGRAVE IT JUST KEEP TAKING ME BACK TO TOWN I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO ALL THAT TECH STUFF SO PLEASE HELP OTHER WISE I CAN NOT MOVE ON OR FINISH MY GAME

EYANNA
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by EYANNA on Jun 20, 11 11:46 AM
I CAN NOT GET INTO ROGER CONANTNGRAVE IT JUST KEEP TAKING ME BACK TO TOWN I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO ALL THAT TECH STUFF SO PLEASE HELP OTHER WISE I CAN NOT MOVE ON OR FINISH MY GAME

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jun 20, 11 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can find the answer in the Walkthrough which can be found in the game forum.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/midnight-mysteries-salem-witch-trials-walkthrough/

Edited on 06/20/2011 at 1:50:56 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 20, 11 1:49 PM
Just swimming by to make soblessed57's link clickable

-bfgHondo

Go to: