emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 25, 10 10:57 AM
Excellent game. This game developer has really created some great games. Can't wait for the next one!

[Post New]by MissPat39 on Jul 25, 10 3:32 PM
That had to be one of the best games yet. It opened and closed and ran so smoothly {on my old computer}, unlike most others, PLUS it was a great game. It has a great story.I completely enjoyed it.

diki2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by diki2 on Jul 26, 10 11:53 AM
This is the best I've ever played. I love that it lasted so long. Made it worth buying. Graphics are fantastic. Good storyline. Lots of HOs but still a lot of other things going on too. More please!

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 26, 10 4:52 PM
A great game: clear HOG scenes, interesting plot, interesting mini puzzles, lots to do -- all the usual elements that make for enjoyable play. The other posts have all explained this in useful detail. The ambience of the world is particularly well-done.

I have just one criticism: all the elements of the game are not resolved. What was the wax figure ? And what was its intended purpose? We find the receipt in the astrolab but we never find the figure. And, secondly, one of the last instructions is: question the alchemist. But you never have to. In fact, clicking on the figure of the alchemist yields nothing, while clicking on the other three figures yields at least an indentification of the characters.

This "irresolution" of the end seems to be happening more and more frequently recently. For those of us who value the plot, for whom plot is an essentrial element of any game, this leaves a hole at the end of the game. Are game creators under so much pressure to produce games that they do not have the time to compelte them?

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Jul 27, 10 8:05 AM
I just finished this game and I loved it a lot, remind me of Return to Ravenhearst. a long game with lots of hidden objects and mini games. I will do it again cause the first time I had to use the walkthrough often, now that I know more it will be easyer. thanks bigfish for this great game

[Post New]by SharSF on Jul 27, 10 6:56 PM
Excellent game - worth it. Engaging, well thought out, good dialogue, lots to explore but not too much wandering aimlessly about. Thanks BFG! Good one.

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by garhawk on Jul 27, 10 8:45 PM
Just finished playing this game and was sad when it ended. I enjoyed it very much. Might play it again! Graphics, music and hidden objects were great. I thought I would have trouble navigating around, but it was no problem! Didn't need the walk through as much as I thought! Way to go Big Fish! Great job!

Edited on 07/27/2010 at 8:46:40 PM PST

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Jul 27, 10 10:52 PM
I LOVED this game!! I felt sad when I thought the game was ending but it kept going. That's the sign of a great game when you think it's ending and your soooo happy that it's not! Wonderful graphics, great story and I loved the puzzles! I can't say enough about it, enjoyed every second of this game!!

[Post New]by Ancientsymbols on Jul 28, 10 8:05 AM
Smile...I just loved this game! It was great fun and challenging. I thought the graphics were awesome. I really enjoyed the story and scenery. Thanks BF for a great Game!

jessikart
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by jessikart on Jul 28, 10 12:42 PM
Have to agree with 99% of the posters here, this is an excellent game, easily as good as RTR. In some ways, better than RTR as there aren't the usual 'sod it, I'll just skip it/check the walkthrough' moments of frustration. Good, long gameplay, great story, brilliant ending (which is rare enough to deserve special mention), and always nice to think there'll be a sequel.

The **** scenes were really nicely done, the mini games were challenging, but not impossible (I really liked how each mini game had a little bit of info as to how to approach it - it's so frustrating when you can't figure out what you need to achieve, never mind how you achieve it!).

Thank you Askold & team, this was a truly brilliant game, involving and enjoyable. I thought my punch card might go on the new Echoes...but I think I'll demo your other games first!

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Jul 28, 10 1:03 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. Sad it's over with. It was a relief to finally have a game that played w/out any technical issues!!!! Now what am I going to do???

xsar
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by xsar on Jul 28, 10 1:54 PM
JACKRUSSELL4 wrote:In think i may have a glitch in this game, when i do the hidden object game to get the sleeping potion it does not go into my inventory??? I can see it on the shelf but is not on my list of objects to find, Has anyone else experienced this, i have even changed player hoping i missed something, but to no avail. Can someone please help me???

I have the same problem and I'm sooooo frustrated! Why on earth everyone else can play this through :'''(
does anyone have any way to solve this? do I have to buy this to get it work? I'm not buying if this is not working!

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Jul 30, 10 9:54 AM
One of the best games I have played in a while. Engaging story, wonderful graphics, and appropriate hidden object scenes. The game was a great length and very enjoyable. One minor gripe-the mini games were a bit too easy for me, but overall a great game.

[Post New]by franciebrady on Jul 30, 10 10:33 AM
hurray, after playing lots of dross a keeper!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 31, 10 1:53 PM
I'm going to add to the chorus of praise. I'm playing it in advanced mode and enjoying it very much.

I don't think I'll need the walkthrough, but it isn't too easy. It was definitely worth buying.

ETA I've just come to a screeching halt, so I'm even happier with the game.

ETA 2 - I'd missed an exit. All done now. Excellent game.
(I ended up just using the walkthrough screenshot for the tangram).

ETA 3 - I've just played this through for a second time on advanced. It took me just under 4 hours without skips or the walkthrough, though I did use my notes.

8 / 10 from me for entertainment, 4 / 6 for hardness.

Edited on 08/07/2010 at 11:17:14 AM PST

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 1, 10 7:24 AM
beautiful, beautiful game. more, please.

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Aug 1, 10 10:35 AM
Must be the game of the year I enjoyed every minute of it val Gold

[Post New]by Pashnak on Aug 1, 10 11:49 AM
Fantastic game, one of the best I've played. Here's to the next one.

sunimae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sunimae on Aug 2, 10 4:10 PM
Elixir of Immortality is exquisite.
Someone once asked Elmore Leonard, the famous detective writer, what was the secret to his success, and he said “I leave out the parts people skip over.”

And that is what the developers/creators of this hidden object game have done. They have pared away all the clunky, boring parts: the watching your character walk, (or double-click-run) over the same landscape, the mouth-mouse cursor of lines of conversations saying the same thing, (asked and answered as the lawyers say), people named Kate tucking their findings, like swords and baby elephants, into their magic brassieres, alla that, oh, you know…

They have pared the hidden object genre, to its very essence. Taken simplicity to its absolute heights. (Hey, nobody ever said Simplicity was easy.)

And it’s visually gorgeous. Subtle yet clear graphics, cleverly hidden, each frame different, no “clip-art-generic. same-old crowbar, hourglass, horseshoe. The scissors or ladybug you are looking for now are different from those hidden in the previous object scene. And they have remembered to only dim, not erase, the object you have stumbled on, thinking that’s got to be the cell-phone, but no, it’s the sickle; No more, “What the hell was that?!”

They have managed to take the hidden-object game to a new level; one that recognizes human emotions, and rhythms. It sometimes rises to startling cinematic levels as the first appearance of the botanist, and the telling glance of the magician as he leaves the scene. (You’ll know when you get there.)

Even the simple, tactical game-play is a pleasure. I have been using a mouse so long, I don’t even think of it any longer, but here I found myself enjoying it, gliding, skating, sailing
If there is any down-side to this extraordinary accomplishment it is that they have certainly raised the bar to what this particular art form can be… I’ll be harder to satisfy now.

I most heartily recommend this game to anyone who loves this art form.
And it absolutely should be required, studied by anyone thinking of getting into the game. It may well be the Citizen Kane, the breakthrough, the elevation of this particular enjoyment.
Kudos, congratulations, thank you. I had a lovely time…
~~sunimae

[Post New]by jrobbieb on Aug 2, 10 6:06 PM
This was an excellent game! It ran perfect, lots of challenges and very clear graphics! Well done and well worth the value price!

Go to: