trickydon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by trickydon on Jan 27, 11 1:42 PM
I found there to be way too many small, crowded objects in the hidden object portions. Not a buy for me.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Maggie_in_Spain on Feb 1, 11 4:10 AM
I am still on the trial version of this game and would be inclined to buy it in one version or the other, if only the option button worked. I want to use it in windowed mode, not full screen, but all I get is a message saying that changes will take effect on restart - but they don't. I even restarted my computer to see if that would work. It didn't. Is anyone else having the same problem?

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 6:11 PM
Really entertaining game, great graphics, good spooky atmosphere I really enjoyed playing this one.... will keep it installed for future play.

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jul 1, 11 8:37 PM
I love these horror/gothic type of games, but what's with a demo lasting only 30 minutes? Complete rip off!

The storyline is cute. Graphics are good and music fits the theme. Thirty minutes isn't enough to hook me, so I won't be buying.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 28, 11 7:45 AM
Having completed the demo, I'm not quite sold on this game. I was very annoyed at the 'repair the stool' puzzle that someone mentioned above. Not only was it stupid to have to fix that stool when (as the other reviewer pointed out) there was a perfectly un-broken stool in the kitchen, but I couldn't even figure out how to do it. Nothing I tried worked; it kept telling me I had to coat the pieces in glue, but clicking on the glue bottle did nothing. I finally ended up skipping the puzzle in pure frustration.

The graphics are good and the music is nice and subtle. The raven that keeps preceding me into the scenes is rather unnerving, in a good way. The atmosphere is nice and tense. The voice acting is well done, but the animation of the characters who do the speaking isn't quite synchronized with the words, so it loses some realism points. Overall, though, it seems like a pretty good game.

Edit: I ended up purchasing after all, and I just finished. I'm much, much more pleased with it than I expected. It was like three games in one, to a real extent. I'm still a little disappointed by a few details, however. There was a spelling error in the second novella - "the pirahna will bit" should have been "the pirahna will BITE." Maybe that's just a typo but it caught my eye. I was also a bit perturbed in the third novella when solving one of the H0 games; one of the items on my list was a weathervane, except the game identified it as a c0ck. I knew what it meant, but it still made me do a double take to see the word, especially since it's one this forum won't let me post without using a zero!

Outside of these little nitpicks, though, definitely a very enjoyable game and worth the purchase price, especially with this weekend's CE sale. I'll have to give the sequel a try!

Edited on 08/28/2011 at 9:42:27 PM PST

[Post New]by Allibson on Oct 27, 11 1:12 PM
Yeah! I finally got the safe to open. from there on to the end I had only miner glitches I was able to get through. Loved the game. I am happy with just about all my games I have obtained rrom Big Fish. I especialy like the collectors editions, they seem to be more of a challenge, and I like challenge. To a point, of course! I had a big problem with the Thirteenth skull near the end but finally did get it done---Always feel like you have accomplished something when you finallly finish the game.
Looking forward to more exciting games.

[Post New]by acampbell54 on Nov 2, 11 3:44 PM
I can't find the shell x the lighter, please help.

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:11 AM
This one was Great, finally, A HOG with a Cemetery!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 6:35 PM
Another beautiful game, great story line with plenty of mystery, quite challenging, the HOS are fantastic.

Very nice put together game.

[Post New]by softwarefever on Jan 5, 12 7:45 PM
I'm playing in HOG mode. A little disappointed. I wander up and down a little too much, with not much connection as to why. I could handle that, by the responses aren't real good. It seems you have to be RIGHT at a certain location to make something in your inventory work (i.e. a screwdriver and a screw and a bucket of water on fire). I'd try endless times on what I thought was a good match, travel all around, come back and the same combo would work. Kind of frustrating. But, it is a long game, so that's fun.

Micheseid
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Micheseid on Jan 6, 12 1:19 PM
Love the game. Sad that I can't get to the 3 grave due to iPhone app.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 9, 12 9:23 AM
Well, this is Day 9 of Big Fish's 10th Anniversary Sale on Collector's Edition games... and every day so far (except 1) the game offered has been one I already have, either in the Standard Edition or the Collector's Edition. The one I didn't already have was one I did not want... so I have not been able to benefit from the sale at all.

I own the S.E. of this game and remember liking it but not as well as some of the other games by this developer.

Happy 10th Anniversary to Big Fish. Love their game website and have over 200 of their games!!!

Classicaljazz

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 6, 12 10:54 AM
I tried to post a technical problem but it is locked. I will put it here. Is anyone else losing their Soul Stones. I lost the first stone after the third story. I now have only 2 stones.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 6, 12 5:44 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I tried to post a technical problem but it is locked. I will put it here. Is anyone else losing their Soul Stones. I lost the first stone after the third story. I now have only 2 stones.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. This time the river pilot only asked for 2 stones so I must have given him 1 stone without realizing it. Finished the story finally. Excellent game.

Edited on 09/06/2012 at 5:44:40 PM PST

[Post New]by mamadobbs1 on Sep 13, 12 8:55 PM
First of all I hate that once you are signed in, you have to go thru 2 minutes of just getting to start to play. That takes away time that one could be playing. Then, after playing for 26 minutes, I am told " Thank you for playing our demo game. Please buy this game if you want to continue playing"
What's up with that ?? I have been a game member for several years now. I think I deserve a little more time to play a free game to decide if I want to buy this games

Go to: