Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by julbuck on Sep 18, 10 11:35 AM
Fantastic Game!

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Sep 19, 10 8:20 AM
Is AWESOME saying enough?

Great game - really made me think! I had to use the strategy guide a few times but I am so glad I bought this!

Now if someone can just shove me in the right direction for the bonus game.....

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 19, 10 10:21 AM
Just finished the game and bonus game to save Franklin. What a wonderful game. Can't wait for the sequel. I found all the puzzles stimulating. I had to get a couple of hints from Franklin and use the Strategy Guide a few times. The most difficult puzzle to me was the candle puzzle. I had to skip this one. Very enjoyable game by far.

*I would love to find out that Iris' brothers and sisters were saved too.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Sep 19, 10 11:41 AM
I played this alone and got a bit frustrated from time to time. It's got great graphics, but not very good clues on some of the puzzles. I don't like being that frustrated so I didn't play the full trial. I did like the interactive drawings though.

fourseas
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fourseas on Sep 20, 10 2:46 AM
I love this game and the first one! One of the best series of games I've ever played!

I think what made this game so special was the art work, color scheme, music, story, and puzzles.

I really enjoyed the "paper" pop-up puzzles; how clever were the game's creators!

While I really hoped that the game would move into some brightly lit, beautiful neighborhood of the city--we can hope that is part of the next segment of the series--I enjoyed the puzzle artwork that gave the players a break from the color scheme, which was a bit "dark" at times, and dark in both colors and story tone.

The puzzles were really hard, not so much that they couldn't be solved, but that, at least for me, sitting there looking at the puzzle, knowing how to solve it but not quite sure of the exact steps to the solution.

The intricacy of the puzzles, the imagination that went into creating such unique, new puzzles was a joy to behold, even though I muttered under my breath a few words of frustration. But the puzzles slowed the game down for me and I let the game play out over several weeks, solving a bit here and there.

I would hope that the next installment would continue down the same aisle with the level of game play, art, music, narration, puzzles, and I hope it would be a bit longer. I also hope that the game would allow the players more movement around this lovely city kingdom for the full immersion sense of play.

I know that three installments seem to round out a series, but if we cannot have Drawn 4 or 5, I hope the team would next create a game as lovely in art and music and puzzles as Drawn. Keep up the good/great/fantastic work! You have the admiration of many and us many players will want to continue to pay for such high quality games.

I give this game all the thumbs up or stars of the world!

[Post New]by Bluebell54 on Sep 20, 10 12:55 PM
Hi Gamers,
What a wonderful game this is. I've just finished the Bonus Game and got all emotional!! I loved the Painted Tower - certainly not my usual game - I just tend to go for the Hidden Object Games - but Drawn just seems to draw you in.....Once I'd played the free hour of Painted Tower, my friend bought me the disc.... once I'd played the complete game I had to join BigFish and download and purchase Dark Flight Collector's Edition -- Fabulous. Stunning artwork and lovely, lovely melancholy soundtrack. Such an unusual and 'thinking person's' game. I'm a grandma and have found yet another thing to interest me. More of the same please!!!!

[Post New]by ONEMARBLELEFT on Sep 21, 10 4:36 PM
Not worth $13.99 and DEFINITELY not worth $20!
Way too short a game for this amount of money.

Edgar Allen Poe's Black Cat took days to complete.
Drawn-Dark Flight only took hours.

Wish I'd saved my bucks for a better game.

[Post New]by Thumperina on Sep 23, 10 1:14 PM
I loved the first Drawn game. But this one, i'm not sure.
The graphics are awesome i'll give you that. But the puzzles, i'm not Einstein?!
And the first Einsteinpuzzle that I just can't figure it out is the first beacon puzzle.
No achievement for me. Because I have to skip it, or it take me atleast 5 hours to solve it.
A little braincracking is good but this was to much.

Positive points:
- Amazing graphics
- Storyline
- How big the game is

Negative:
- Some puzzles are only for Einsteins(so not me)

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 12:26:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Weedance on Sep 24, 10 2:28 AM
Man, it took you a while, but well worth the wait. I YEARN for dark, difficult challenges with very few clues and hints - a real adventure where you are not treated like a child or worse, a moron! A trilogy is possible is it not? What about her family - when will they feature? Love it, worth every second of fun.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 24, 10 9:25 AM
Finally got to play this. Puchased when it came out, but wanted to wait until I could devote all my attention and energy to it.

It is an excellent game. As a sequel, it follows the story as set forth in the first. The graphics are beautiful, the game actually plays much smoother than the first (no long load times between scenes). The same type of play exists as far as the drawings, however they are not the only play factors. There are more riddles to be solved in the form of completion of statutes, paper pop-ups, puzzles, and other art forms--some not very obvious, as well as the challenge of finding and lighting the beacons. However, there is very little interaction with talking players (not counting the narrative).

There is a built in hint system and guide (can't give information on those, as I didn't use them) and in the CE, there are achievements which can be earned and a bonus level. (at the time of this writing I have not done the bonus level).

I like the fact that the puzzles were much more difficult in this offering as was the game itself. And where the first game had the childlike nuance with all the characters talking and all the drawings seeming much more innocent, in this story you got the impression that Iris had indeed matured and knew that there was dark serious business at hand. The only thing I didn't like--the abruptness of the ending--but that's probably just me.

From start to finish, not using any hints or skips or walkthrough, the game took me five and one half hours. I'll play the bonus level now and see how that goes. As for ratings-- a definite five stars.

ally0107
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ally0107 on Sep 28, 10 9:38 PM
finished the game and got to the bonus collected all that i needed for the glass painting i think but how do i get back to place all the shards on the picture

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 29, 10 12:18 PM
ally0107 wrote:finished the game and got to the bonus collected all that i needed for the glass painting i think but how do i get back to place all the shards on the picture

You aren't alone.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/119377.page

Copy and paste the link into your browser.

[Post New]by Turtle42 on Sep 30, 10 5:41 AM
I bought this because I liked the first Drawn game. I could not get it to run on Windows Vista. The help files were no help, the forums either complained or praised with no real solution for my problem. I finally deleted it. I wish I had my money back. This was a real bust.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 30, 10 6:49 AM
You can get your game either fixed or refunded. Use the green envelope on the right to get in touch with CS.

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bron186 on Oct 2, 10 10:46 PM
This has to be one of the best games of this type I've played. Graphics are gorgeous, and the puzzles are hard (for me). _Only_ complaint: I hate not being able to skip cut scenes or turn off voice over.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 4, 10 12:33 PM
while i enjoyed this one, i felt it was much more puzzle driven than art driven as the first installment was... the first seemed to draw you in and fill you with a sense wonder and excitement with its beautiful scenes and carefully drawn images... it was more like a journey into imagination...

this second part was more about solving puzzles and performing difficult and confounding jumps through a series of hoops that still left you kind of holding the bag at the end of it all...

i understand that this was pointedly more dark and dismal and rigged to be a test of will and mind and strength... i mean, we're trying to get past a seriously big, bad, bird-beaked dude to restore iris to the throne... and, yes, i know he didn't really have a beak, but did you pay any attention to that nose - might as well have been, so...

both games may have us running like rats in a maze, but the first one didn't feel like it to me... and it certainly didn't have me going through one test after another trying to solve conundrums that threatened to drive me insane... if i see another water puzzle like the queen's face, i know now to run away screaming and not look back... i think i spent more time on that one puzzle than i did the whole rest of the game...

but i really enjoyed the one bright spark in the game that made it miles different from the first one... paintbrush, charcoal, and crayon... in my hands... that was absolutely the charmer... a certain kind of magic that rested solely in iris's hands in drawn, came to be in our hands in D2... yes! only, i wish i could have drawn a big black cat to eat raven the first go around so we never would have seen her again... i say her, because i had this tickly suspicion that iris did have a surviving sibling and she had been turned to the dark side...

anyway - i thought the game was another stroke of cunning brilliance and really wouldn't mind seeing a return to the struggle between light and dark in the not unforeseen future... now, if you will return your seats and tray tables to their upright and locked positions...

dark flight is cleared for take off!

[Post New]by jokari on Oct 6, 10 9:49 AM
Best ever. Great graphics. Interesting puzzles. Just plane fun and intriguing. Loved it, want more. Is now my very favorite.

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Oct 11, 10 11:13 PM
AWESOME!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT GAME. I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD FOR SEQUEL AND I MUST SAY I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL. GRAPHICS AND STORYLINE ARE FANTASTIC . SOME OF THE MINI GAMES WERE REALLY HARD BUT THATS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THESE CHALLENGING GAMES . IT WAS MY FIRST TIME BUYING A COLLECTORS EDITION AND IT WAS WELL WORTH THE MONEY I PAID. LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT SEQUEL. I HOPE IT COMES OUT SOON. I WILL BE REPLAYING THIS GAME AGAIN AND AGAIN IN THE MEANTIME . KEEP THESE GEAT GAMES COMING BIGFISH .
GAME!!!!!!!

DeGill
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DeGill on Oct 14, 10 7:48 PM
I have enjoyed this game very much--that is until coming to the latern lighting area. I have started the game for the 5th time ( new player each time--with deleting other player first ). I'm about to give up out of frustration. I have gone to the walk through and have seen which order to light the laterns in and it is impossible to light the lamp nearest the tower with out lighting the one below, in the same fire line. I don't think I want to keep going trough the game over and over and continue to fail, on the very first try, to light that lamp nearest the tower first. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by littleoksana on Oct 15, 10 5:48 PM
I absolutely love this game.

Go to: